You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 896897898899900 989>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:17am
I've a flight on the 11th, I hope it has improved by then 
It would damage this forums' reputation
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:44am
This is what happens when you treat people like sh*t. 
No such issues going through Gatwick, 2 mins flat to get through security last month and the month before that. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:52am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

No such issues going through Gatwick, 2 mins flat to get through security last month and the month before that. 

Was more last Thursday (north terminal) for some reason - I had priority do had no issues but the ususl 2 mins was more like 30 mins 

Is Dublin airport not segregating security only and check in/bag drop - surely that’s a no brainier 

Have a flight at 730 tomorrow usually get down there for 0600

Edited by Newryrep - 30 May 2022 at 10:58am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Was more last Thursday (north terminal) for some reason - I had priority do had no issues but the ususl 2 mins was more like 30 mins 

Is Dublin airport not segregating security only and check in/bag drop - surely that’s a no brainier 

I'd start queuing now if I were you 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:06am
I'm flying to Canada from T1 on Friday. Flight is at 10am, looking at the videos I reckon if i'm not there at 5am i'll miss it.

What exactly are the queues for? Is it the check in desks or security?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:14am
Some girl on Twitter said she missed her flight this morning and she was there 4 hours before take off.

It really is an absolute mess.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:17am

I guess that was to do with the rush to get away as it's a short 3 day working week over here. I actually worked on the north terminal baggage project a few years ago and the security team at the time were very proud of their passenger processing times going through security, their bonuses are linked to it.

Edited by colemanY2K - 30 May 2022 at 11:20am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:29am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I'm flying to Canada from T1 on Friday. Flight is at 10am, looking at the videos I reckon if i'm not there at 5am i'll miss it.

What exactly are the queues for? Is it the check in desks or security?

Seems to be mainly security. They made loads of well trained staff redundant during COVID so now have loads of security desks closed during peak times as no staff available to work. 

If they haven't got the staff available then flights should be cancelled instead of allowing 50k passengers arrive for flights and causing the issues we've seen the past few weeks.

For a national airport, it really is a disgrace
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:50am
was chatting to a pal yesterday a who hasn't been away in 3 years and is due to fly to soon, he is seriously considering the vip boarding that cost near €300 from the old terminal. Food, gargle and private car drops you to the plane before all the scum is all included. Is terminal 2 OK though? Surely you can go through there and skip through to terminal 1.
Chips don't bounce
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:53am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

was chatting to a pal yesterday a who hasn't been away in 3 years and is due to fly to soon, he is seriously considering the vip boarding that cost near €300 from the old terminal. Food, gargle and private car drops you to the plane before all the scum is all included. Is terminal 2 OK though? Surely you can go through there and skip through to terminal 1.

Lot more have cottoned on to this. Wouldnt be a bulletproof plan especially if you've to drop bags off first. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 6:27am
Retuned the tv and have lost about half a dozen channels  including horror , 5USA - complete pain 

Still have them upstairs wtf
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:03am

Retuned the tv and have lost about half a dozen channels  including horror , 5USA - complete pain 

Jumanji What Year Is It GIFs | Tenor

Edited by McG - 31 May 2022 at 9:03am
AS YOU WERE McGx

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:14am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

LOL
Chips don't bounce
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:56am

Fuk off McG Angry
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 10:37am

Fuk off McG Angry
If you fiddle around with the aerial on top of the TV, you might be able to get them back. WinkLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 11:03am

LOLLOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 1:15pm
This is effin serious - I have lost itvbe - the mrs isn’t happy at all 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 1:30pm
Retrace your steps NR. Bound to turn up. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 896897898899900 989>
  Share Topic