You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 869870871872873 988>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

North Wales
Or is that your English teams stadium is actually in North Wales? LOL That would be more the clubs fault than North WalesLOL

A portion of the stadium is in Wales. Your land doesn't start at the front door of your house Wink

Edited by Flanno7hi - 10 Jan 2022 at 5:08pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 6:22pm

North Wales
Or is that your English teams stadium is actually in North Wales? LOL That would be more the clubs fault than North WalesLOL

A portion of the stadium is in Wales. Your land doesn't start at the front door of your house Wink

Depends on the house but regardless, its not about ownership, its about the relevant laws in the relevant jurisdictions where the land is. The club offices are in England, thats the postal and administrative address. However, pretty much 100% of the stands and all the playing pitch are in Wales. The club themselves have not denied this and the maps show it as the case. 

It is a bonkers situation though. Genuine questions:  Who polices matches? If theres trouble in the stands, which police respond? If its in the carpark at the club offices which bobbies put boots on the ground?  Who issues the safety cert (if its not a joint safety authority between england and Wales)? 

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 6:34pm

North Wales

Just double checked the maps again. The bit in bold is very accurate if by portion you mean around 98% (the missing 2% being a small portion of the officesLOL) of the buildings/structures and roughly 80% of the car park being in Wales LOL
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 12:19pm

North Wales

Depends on the house but regardless, its not about ownership, its about the relevant laws in the relevant jurisdictions where the land is. The club offices are in England, thats the postal and administrative address. However, pretty much 100% of the stands and all the playing pitch are in Wales. The club themselves have not denied this and the maps show it as the case. 

It is a bonkers situation though. Genuine questions:  Who polices matches? If theres trouble in the stands, which police respond? If its in the carpark at the club offices which bobbies put boots on the ground?  Who issues the safety cert (if its not a joint safety authority between england and Wales)? 

It's Cheshire Police that police the games, safety certificate is with Cheshire.
The only entrance is in England so no way in from Wales. It is a stupid situation that hadn't been thought of pre-covid really. With Wales not being an independent country that border normally does not matter.

There's an argument that a precedent was set by this golf club in Oswestry that the entrance was in England and it was a self contained site, so they could cross the border when there were different restrictions in wales.

It looks like I'm not going to our home match on Saturday anyway.

Edited by Flanno7hi - 11 Jan 2022 at 12:25pm
IG @flanno_7hi
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 1:28pm
All the stranger then given who usually polices that area not to mention its the English local Authority that issues the safety cert. 

Time for a Boundary Commission to redraw the border and decide whats best. I hope it works out as well for England and Wales as it did for IrelandBig smile 

Edited by Sham157 - 11 Jan 2022 at 1:28pm
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 2:20pm

All the stranger then given who usually polices that area not to mention its the English local Authority that issues the safety cert. 

Time for a Boundary Commission to redraw the border and decide whats best. I hope it works out as well for England and Wales as it did for IrelandBig smile 

Well our match is postponed.
IG @flanno_7hi
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 9:55pm
I have half of a 50 euro note and half of a 10 euro note. Should I just dump them or would I get reimbursed?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I have half of a 50 euro note and half of a 10 euro note. Should I just dump them or would I get reimbursed?

Sellotape them together and you will have 60 euro ye thick
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Sellotape them together and you will have 60 euro ye thick

Think you mean €30 ye thick
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 10:10am
Why are you cutting up your money?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 10:55am

Interesting question for a Wednesday morning actually, is there a part of it that matters? The hologram maybe? Presumably if you split one down the centre, you can't go in to the bank and use both halves.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Interesting question for a Wednesday morning actually, is there a part of it that matters? The hologram maybe? Presumably if you split one down the centre, you can't go in to the bank and use both halves.

"Euro banknotes which are damaged or mutilated (e.g. partially burnt, cut or decomposed) and which fulfil certain criteria are replaced by the national central banks of the euro area. For example, a national central bank will replace a damaged euro banknote if more than half of it is present or if it can be proven that the missing (larger) part of the banknote has been destroyed. Intentionally mutilated or damaged euro banknotes are not replaced."
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

"Euro banknotes which are damaged or mutilated (e.g. partially burnt, cut or decomposed) and which fulfil certain criteria are replaced by the national central banks of the euro area. For example, a national central bank will replace a damaged euro banknote if more than half of it is present or if it can be proven that the missing (larger) part of the banknote has been destroyed. Intentionally mutilated or damaged euro banknotes are not replaced."
Good to know
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 7:19pm
Popcorn chicken. 8 euro in Apache Pizza. Thumbs Down
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 10:46am
Doesn’t annoy the f**k out of me but people sharing lotto tickets from local businesses to be in with a chance of sharing a jackpot 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 11:21am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Doesn’t annoy the f**k out of me but people sharing lotto tickets from local businesses to be in with a chance of sharing a jackpot 
Yeah it’s all a bit silly. 
Great advertisement for that mace in malahide though! 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 11:22am
Mate of mine won the local GAA lotto , think he won about 1400e - the previous week it was around 7k. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 12:29pm

Popcorn chicken. 8 euro in Apache Pizza. Thumbs Down

It was a massive box, but still.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 869870871872873 988>
  Share Topic