You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 862863864865866 988>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 10:56am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Ok going to sound like Scrooge here but I am finding Christmas like Groundhog Day the last 5 years.  Same Guinness ad over and over, same SPAR ad etc...

There's nothing new about Christmas. No new songs, no new tv shows.  Just repeats ad nauseum.

No you're right Trap, especially this year and last year the buzz about it isn't the same. Best craic was always few pints with the lads down the local Christmas Eve.

Christmas TV has been ran into the ground in recent years too, we used to have the likes of Father Ted, Only Fools, The Royle Family specials. Now we've been reduced to Mrs Brownes Boys chruning out the same unfunny gags for last decade or more.

The films on TV are forever predictable too.

Songs? Hasnt been a decent Christmas song since the 80s has there? The one that grinds my gears the most is that poxy East 17 one that isn't even a Christmas song! Just because it has church bells in it.

Great tune Clap

Yer man from East 17 wrote that song about his dead brother.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Beard Wigs - bloody everywhere these days Thumbs Down

Did you see the six one last night , anyway they had something on about the Miami Showband and one dude have this back wig , it was a shocker LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 3:21pm
Christmas excitement should only be starting now, but because of Supermarkets I'm already sick of it
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Did you see the six one last night , anyway they had something on about the Miami Showband and one dude have this back wig , it was a shocker LOL

A back wig, what's that LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 3:49pm

Something Ted Crilly wouldn't need.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Something Ted Crilly wouldn't need.
Black wig , hey missed a l 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 10:46pm
People on tv continually saying ''omnicron''.  Its Omicron.

You sound like a damn fool when you say it wrong
Back to the Future Part II/Best scene/Robert Zemeckis/Michael J. Fox/Thomas  F. Wilson - YouTube
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:03am
aer Lingus boarding passes and uploading documentation - complete clusterf**k when compared to Ryanair 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

aer Lingus boarding passes and uploading documentation - complete clusterf**k when compared to Ryanair 

Can ya still just print their boarding passes in the airport?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Can ya still just print their boarding passes in the airport?

No idea but I doubt it I will have to check in at airport despite jumping through the hoops getting the documentation needed and approved by the VeriFLY bollocks it still won’t let me check in 

Seemingly plenty of others in the same situation

Edited by Newryrep - 15 Dec 2021 at 5:28pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 1:20am
"The Ukraine"

i read it a number of times on the site today and heard a news broadcaster say it on newstalk earlier. every time i hear it is like somebody scrawled their nails down a blackboard Pinch

how hard can it be for people to say "Ukraine".

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 9:57am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

"The Ukraine"

i read it a number of times on the site today and heard a news broadcaster say it on newstalk earlier. every time i hear it is like somebody scrawled their nails down a blackboard Pinch

You are correct that there should be no "The" in the name.

Background is, the word Ukraine means "Borderland", so it was essentially "The Borderland state". or "The Borderland". For Russians, and those that like to think of Ukraine as still part of Russia, they call it "The Borderland" (ir=e The border of Russia), For 90% of Ukraine population, dropping the "The" is symbolic of their independence and they hate the use of "The"
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

"The Ukraine"

You are correct that there should be no "The" in the name.

Background is, the word Ukraine means "Borderland", so it was essentially "The Borderland state". or "The Borderland". For Russians, and those that like to think of Ukraine as still part of Russia, they call it "The Borderland" (ir=e The border of Russia), For 90% of Ukraine population, dropping the "The" is symbolic of their independence and they hate the use of "The"
you learn something new every day Clap
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 12:34pm
Soohie Toscan Du Plantier 25 years dead and the media still will never let the poor woman rest in peace . 
Americanisms View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 1:48pm

"The Ukraine"

Fair shout, I will adjust my vocabulary accordingly, although I've never said the Ukraine but probably would have if I needed to say the country's name
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 2:27pm

"The Ukraine"

The Lebanon and the Congo. No idea why people add 'the' to names. 
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 2:54pm
" The Wales".....Ali G used to describe as
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 4:17pm
Don't forget The EIRE!!! WinkLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 862863864865866 988>
  Share Topic