You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 815816817818819 988>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Home of the Year and that pedal and cranker with his geansai over his shoulders waxing lyrical about colour schemes and interior designs.

Having said that, i did find myself taking an eyeful of the tupenny's on the blonde on the show Party
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 10:11pm
Probably doesn't wash with many on here but I absolutely cannot stand the phrase "Paddy's Day".  It's St Patrick's Day and Paddy's to me just sounds cheap and tacky 

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 10:17pm
Cutting onions. Always brings out tears.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Probably doesn't wash with many on here but I absolutely cannot stand the phrase "Paddy's Day".  It's St Patrick's Day and Paddy's to me just sounds cheap and tacky 

You’re right. It’s a classy day. Leprechauns, inflatable hammers, Guinness puke and sh*te. It deserves to be treated with respect. 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Dont cut off the bulb. It releases all those juices. Google the Gordon Ramsay way to dice an onion  ( all pro chefs do it the same way, but Ramsay had it as segment in one of his shows) 
@AntrimMan85
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Dont cut off the bulb. It releases all those juices. Google the Gordon Ramsay way to dice an onion  ( all pro chefs do it the same way, but Ramsay had it as segment in one of his shows) 

Well that’s the most beneficial thing Iv seen in a long time. Thanks. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 10:45pm

You’re right. It’s a classy day. Leprechauns, inflatable hammers, Guinness puke and sh*te. It deserves to be treated with respect. 

LOL

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 10:56pm

Also sounds like an Ireland away trip
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 6:18am

The fact that, prior to the 'new normal', the Taoiseach felt obliged to fly to the the States and glad-hand whatever warmongering sh*tbag was in residence of the White House at the time, every year, tells you everything you need to know about St Patrick's Day and its relevance to Ireland.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 11:21pm
The obsession with linking Tommy Tiernan with the late late show gig.

Like, why? His show is great and he rightfully gets plaudits for his interview style. Why would he want it?

The Late Late show exists for a certain generation and 'official' Ireland for Z list celebrities to hawk their latest book or product and for your ma and da to tap their feet to the latest simply dreadful Irish country artist singing in an infuriating American accent.

They arent the same audience. Leave it be.
@AntrimMan85
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 11:27pm

Like, why? His show is great and he rightfully gets plaudits for his interview style. Why would he want it?

The Late Late show exists for a certain generation and 'official' Ireland for Z list celebrities to hawk their latest book or product and for your ma and da to tap their feet to the latest simply dreadful Irish country artist singing in an infuriating American accent.

Plus one!
Apparently the interviews for each person goes on for over an hour so we only get the slimmed down version. Just give the full interviews on a different day if people want to watch them. 
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Plus one!
Apparently the interviews for each person goes on for over an hour so we only get the slimmed down version. Just give the full interviews on a different day if people want to watch them. 

+2

I can see it happening in the future though when Tubridy calls it a day....
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 8:50pm
Can't see Tubridy calling it a day any time soon. The money that fella is on is insane for a TV show with so few viewers.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 9:13pm
Probably one of the most watched shows on rte. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 1:33am

What would be higher? The news and maybe the Champions League.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 2:00am
Tiernan is good at his show that doesnt mean he would be good at the late late show format.  In fact the late late as a format is out dated and will only work in the hands of a particular type of broadcaster who I dont think exists currently in Irish media.   Tiernan is brilliant at his show and shouldn't do the late late and as someone posted earlier why would atibrudy give it up.  On great money  
AKA pedantic kunt
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 9:26am

It is, of course. It has about 400,000 weekly viewers but should be pulling in a lot more for those wages.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

It is, of course. It has about 400,000 weekly viewers but should be pulling in a lot more for those wages.

Well over 10% of the adult population of Ireland Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 815816817818819 988>
  Share Topic