You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 812813814815816 991>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 1:58pm
I wonder how much money flows into major corporations simply on the back of people not following up for refunds, or people lose interest when the process becomes complicated?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I just made that up Paulie, but the principals the same LOL
LOLLOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

This will infuriate Trig but I got an email from Ryanair the other day with a form to fill in for a cheque refund for a flight last year. Thing is, I’ve already got the €30.99 back through a chargeback last September. Now im going to hit them again for all the hassle Clap

sham - what was the raison detre for this ? flight went but you couldn't go /weren't allowed to go ?

currrently I have a flight booked but 2/3'rds of the cost was covered in previous refund vouchers

would going through chargeback get me the full amount  ( if the flights goes/and I cant go  ?)
Flight was cancelled. Tried to apply through the usual process for a refund which all went well. Then nothing for months so emailed and got no reply (they finally applied the other dayLOL) so I downloaded the form from AIB website and printed off all the correspondence and sent it in. Got my refund and the icing on the cake is a chargeback costs money, so the merchant, in this case Ryanair, pay an extra fee on top for the luxury of refunding my money.

A chargeback will only cover whatever was charged to your card, so in your case, youre probably better off waiting. Also you can only chargeback under certain circumstances, it cant be used simply because you now want a refund or change your mind

but it technically being illegal if I travelled for non essential reasons would be fair enough ?
i know what you mean but that wont wash. If the flight operates then no refund. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Think Ireland fans in general are very tight with money. Like some people are crying about refunds from the Slovakia/Bosnia/NI double header that didn’t take place. A lot of people booked two flights for after that game so they were always going to be losing money on one of them so just accept the loss instead of constantly moaning about money it’s an awful look.

You're some man LOL

I know a few tight c**ts alright, but the majority from my experience's would be the opposite. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 3:15pm

No I get that Ryanair wouldn't refund  - why would they as the flight took off but could I clam off chargeback ?  ie effectively  use it as 'insurance'  as its now illegal for me to travel  (though I cant even argue you could fly when I booked it)

Have wrote it off in my head so if I get anything its a bonus

Things might change still nearly 3 months away  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 3:32pm

No I get that Ryanair wouldn't refund  - why would they as the flight took off but could I clam off chargeback ?  ie effectively  use it as 'insurance'  as its now illegal for me to travel  (though I cant even argue you could fly when I booked it)

No. The chargeback process is in effect the bank being an intermediary of sorts between you and Ryanair in this case. You submit whatever correspondence etc you have to prove that they either failed or refused a refund where you were entitled to one under law or failed to provide a service that you paid for. Whatever bank you are with will have the steps you need to take. The AIB form is below for a reference

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I just made that up Paulie, but the principals the same LOL

FFS
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 5:11pm

No. The chargeback process is in effect the bank being an intermediary of sorts between you and Ryanair in this case. You submit whatever correspondence etc you have to prove that they either failed or refused a refund where you were entitled to one under law or failed to provide a service that you paid for. Whatever bank you are with will have the steps you need to take. The AIB form is below for a reference

thought as much Thumbs Up Cry
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:03am
Irish peoples obsession with the Royal Family Confused (not the tv show).  Everybody in work talking about the Oprah interview, all over the radio with morning with radio shows obsessed with the interview and even radio DJ's tweeting that Irish people should be watching the interview.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Irish peoples obsession with the Royal Family Confused (not the tv show).  Everybody in work talking about the Oprah interview, all over the radio with morning with radio shows obsessed with the interview and even radio DJ's tweeting that Irish people should be watching the interview.

Why would it annoy you.  Is it any different to lads supporting premier league teams.  In the case of the royal family as least we don’t have our own one that they are ignoring.  

Harmless drivel for people to watch and switch off from their daily drudge during lockdown.  

800k watched it on network 2 the other night.  They got it for 10k too.  What a steal.  

Edited by Baldrick - 10 Mar 2021 at 10:06am
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:07am
One word "Webinar " , just every word i hear at the moment we have to log onto a webinar ............

Really .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Why would it annoy you.  Is it any different to lads supporting premier league teams.  In the case of the royal family as least we don’t have our own one that they are ignoring.  

Harmless drivel for people to watch and switch off from their daily drudge during lockdown.  

800k watched it on network 2 the other night.  They got it for 10k too.  What a steal.  
Why wouldn't it annoy you? Two multi millionaires talking about their hardship over the last few months what a load of toss! Is it any different to lads supporting premier league teams? What are you on about?
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:22am
why would I be annoyed by what other people get up to in the privacy of their own home and what they watch.  I don’t care if someone watches a box set on Netflix or the interview or a game in the premier league.  Loads of people in Ireland and beyond watch premier league players who are multi millionaires talk sh*te all the time.  

What impact does it have on your life if some person who you don’t even know watches a tv show or not.  My gf watched it the other night along with 800k others. Did it bother me one bit, no,  I just did something else.  The same when I am watching a game that loads of others have zero interest in.  Why do you want to police what others watch on tv. 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:25am

Irish peoples obsession with the Royal Family Confused (not the tv show).

That's the Royle Family Big smile
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:32am

why would I be annoyed by what other people get up to in the privacy of their own home and what they watch.

Dam right, no concern of others. How is the snuff film collection coming on by the way, still planning to get behind the camera some day?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:36am

What nonsense LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:37am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

What nonsense LOL

Says the Spurs supporter LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:39am
Who do you support?
 “The royal family mate, home & away” 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 812813814815816 991>
  Share Topic