You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 808809810811812 988>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

smug as f**k radio chat show hosts, that sh*tebag cuddihy chief among them, horrible horrible self satisfied bollocks.
Pretty much every radio presenter in this country apart from Ian Dempsey! Lucy Kennedy is alright too on Nova in the mornings.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 1:17pm
The new Newstalk ad with Kieran Cuddihy.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 19 Feb 2021 at 1:18pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 1:41pm
People taking up the whole footpath when you're out for a run. Went for a run last night and three people were walking side by side. Causes you to run out on the road to avoid them.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

People taking up the whole footpath when you're out for a run. Went for a run last night and three people were walking side by side. Causes you to run out on the road to avoid them.
There definitely needs to be some form of etiquette drawn up for running, as well as designated running areas. I try and go out a bit now, usually first thing in the morning and down the park or by the river. I do this partially to avoid people, due to being self-conscious and the pandemic, and I  get an extra bit of a buzz off it at that time, but the lack of awareness from some people is very annoying!

People running past you outside the shops in the middle of the day with no mask or anything on can f**k off. People running in twos and taking up the whole towpath, expecting you to move out of their way, or even stop, without so much as a thank you can do likewise.
This idea that the pavement is for runners only can also piss off! People shouldn't have to move off a pavement so you can keep a pace is nonsense. Towpaths and footpaths in the park etc., are obviously different. 
Basic f**king manners.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:06pm

Are people even supposed to be running during this? I thought that was a no-no.

Being an island nation, you'd think there's plenty of beaches where you could go running without getting in people's [usually middle-aged or older] way, breathing all over them, and expecting them to go on to a road. Plenty of scenic areas, lakes etc also.

But my personal belief is that if most people had a choice between running somewhere where nobody would see them and running somewhere where they'll get an audience, they'll choose the latter option every time.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Being an island nation, you'd think there's plenty of beaches where you could go running without getting in people's [usually middle-aged or older] way, breathing all over them, and expecting them to go on to a road. Plenty of scenic areas, lakes etc also.

But my personal belief is that if most people had a choice between running somewhere where nobody would see them and running somewhere where they'll get an audience, they'll choose the latter option every time.
There definitely seems to be an element of that! I don't get it at all. There are more parks and safe running areas here than there needs to be, yet people still decide to go for a run through to town, with no mask, and without a murmur as they drool all over ya. It's usually the ****s in Lycra too. Same as the cyclists. There's definitely something in that material.
LOL
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

There definitely seems to be an element of that! I don't get it at all. There are more parks and safe running areas here than there needs to be, yet people still decide to go for a run through to town, with no mask, and without a murmur as they drool all over ya. It's usually the ****s in Lycra too. Same as the cyclists. There's definitely something in that material.
LOL

MAMIL's as they are known. Middle Aged Male In Lycra
El Puto Amo
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:17pm

It’s definitely the former. You’d rather not have to break your stride to go around people / stop at lights etc

In my running club the ladies have a blog about this as they want to run in places with no/ very few people...

Apparently when they run they get wolf whistles, nice tits, lovey arse etc thrown at them. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:17pm
If I was waking with someone on the footpath and saw someone walking towards me or jogging I would file in behind the person I'm walking with out of manners. 

The same thing if I'm walking. If two people are walking together coming towards me I'm not going to walk out on the road to let them both pass.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:18pm
The town centres are not as busy as the parks around our way so I would run through the town centre then again the majority of time I go out at night when no shops are open.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:19pm

If I was waking with someone on the footpath and saw someone walking towards me or jogging I would file in behind the person I'm walking with out of manners. 

The same thing if I'm walking. If two people are walking together coming towards me I'm not going to walk out on the road to let them both pass.
So would I, but it shouldn't be expected. I don't think there's legitimate reasons to be running on the pavement at the best of times, never mind in a pandemic. The footpath is there for people to get from A to B, not for your fitness.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It’s definitely the former. You’d rather not have to break your stride to go around people / stop at lights etc

In my running club the ladies have a blog about this as they want to run in places with no/ very few people...

Apparently when they run they get wolf whistles, nice tits, lovey arse etc thrown at them. 

I've never understood why it's not possible to wear a shirt or jumper or jacket that obscures it or tie a jumper around it.

This isn't a man vs. woman thing either. Men who wear skinny jeans or painted on jeans would probably be disappointed if women weren't looking at their arse as well.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:26pm
I go for a run in the evenings so parks etc are out of the question as there's no light these days. I also find doing laps of pitches to be incredibly boring. Think it's easier to stay motivated when you have a route to run. 

Most people out and about walking in the evening are doing it for their health rather then going to the shops etc. 

Anyway, I just find it annoying when people walking together take up the entire footpath.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:26pm

LOL

How the f**k can anyone run with a mask on? IMO it's very simple, both runners and walkers are both pedestrians and have an equal right to be on the path. Whether walking or running when approaching others both sides should allow space for each other by going close to either edge or going single file if in a group.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

LOL

How the f**k can anyone run with a mask on? IMO it's very simple, both runners and walkers are both pedestrians and have an equal right to be on the path. Whether walking or running when approaching others both sides should allow space for each other by going close to either edge or going single file if in a group.
If you want to run on the pavement, in a pandemic that is caused by a virus that spreads through drops of moisture from other people, then you shouldn't be running.  It's a pretty disgusting and selfish thing to do. Tjat really shouldn't need to said at this stage in the proceedings! Pavements often have people on them.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:34pm

I go for a run in the evenings so parks etc are out of the question as there's no light these days. I also find doing laps of pitches to be incredibly boring. Think it's easier to stay motivated when you have a route to run. 

Most people out and about walking in the evening are doing it for their health rather then going to the shops etc. 

Anyway, I just find it annoying when people walking together take up the entire footpath.
I know why they are doing it, it's where! Walkinv down the road and have some fella snotting past you is ****ish behaviour. I think if you can't exercise while considering other people's safety then you shouldn't at all.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:36pm

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

LOL

If you want to run on the pavement, in a pandemic that is caused by a virus that spreads through drops of moisture from other people, then you shouldn't be running.  It's a pretty disgusting and selfish thing to do. Tjat really shouldn't need to said at this stage in the proceedings! Pavements often have people on them.

I would imagine in most cases when people are out running at night for exercise and use the pavement they are passing people who are out walking for exercise.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:40pm
Of course they are walking for exercise? What difference would that make? Are they immune then?LOL

By the way, I meant to say above that many people can and do run with masks. I did the couple of afternoons when I went into the park and I am as fit as Homer Simpson.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 808809810811812 988>
  Share Topic