You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 739740741742743 992>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

w**kers on planes who don't let people out of their row to exit the plane

Ie row 1 - 8 is already off the plane

Your on row 9

And the people from row 10 back are bulling forward despite people still trying to get into the aisle

Ignorant f**ks
I never get why anybody cares about this! I normally wait until everyone is as good as off before even  getting up, if you are in that much of a rush you should have got an earlier flight! 

I find the whole plane queue mentality very strange. A large section of the plane will wait in a queue for 30 minutes to get into their seat first, where they will sit down in a cramped space for longer. Then when the flight lands they cant get off it quick enough. 

I despise airports, but for all the bullsh*t and humiliation you are put through by security it is the stupidity that makes them worse.  Queuing to get on and ovey all flown to visit a dying relative, or are they all just incapable of realising their stupidity?ek one day why he was queuing. It was a good ten minutes to boarding and he was in the middle of a queue of people snaking around the seats where I was reading my book, he honestly couldn't answer me. He gave up queuing and had a beer together. We still made the flight too.

I think people see queues and join them without thinking. Were four or five people to line up on a main street, for no reason at all, I am sure there would be fifty or sixty there within the hour. Likewise, as soon as a train/plane/bus door opens they want to be the first out, even if they are in no particular hurry at all. 

This is an interesting old take on it.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Buzz Killington
How much have Manchester United bid for him?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:43pm

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

That's what the thread is for. Approve
I thought it was for the airing of grievances, at least since the other ones had closed.

LOL

Festivus Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 7:56am

Your on row 9

And the people from row 10 back are bulling forward despite people still trying to get into the aisle

Ignorant f**ks

I absolutely hate this, I usually just try to be ignorant and step out in front of people. and not let them go.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:02am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Your on row 9

Ignorant f**ks

I absolutely hate this, I usually just try to be ignorant and step out in front of people. and not let them go.

Edit Misunderstood the gripe 

Edited by Newryrep - 10 Jul 2019 at 8:04am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:07am
When a mod deletes your post for no reason.

This place is run by gombeens, no?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:12am

Your on row 9

Ignorant f**ks

Leaving aside the actual nonsense of wanting to get to another queue first, why should they? Surely people should leave anything in the manner they are ready. If you were ready then you would be ready to step in as the row in front emptied. And, aside of all of that, how the f**k is it annoying!? People annoy the f**k out of me all the time, but this is beyond my comprehension!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:56am

Your on row 9

Ignorant f**ks
+1

I don't know why they are in such a rush. Half the time you end up standing next to them on the bus to the terminal Sleepy
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:34am

I despise airports, but for all the bullsh*t and humiliation you are put through by security it is the stupidity that makes them worse.  Queuing to get on and ovey all flown to visit a dying relative, or are they all just incapable of realising their stupidity?ek one day why he was queuing. It was a good ten minutes to boarding and he was in the middle of a queue of people snaking around the seats where I was reading my book, he honestly couldn't answer me. He gave up queuing and had a beer together. We still made the flight too.

I think people see queues and join them without thinking. Were four or five people to line up on a main street, for no reason at all, I am sure there would be fifty or sixty there within the hour. Likewise, as soon as a train/plane/bus door opens they want to be the first out, even if they are in no particular hurry at all. 

This is an interesting old take on it.

Reason #3 on your link is actually the only valid logical reason for people doing it. I'm guessing the person who wrote the article has little to no experience of flying with Ryanair - there is never anywhere near enough overhead cabin space for all. Therefore if you are in a rush somewhere upon landing, it does make sense to join the boarding queue sooner rather than later. I'm invariably always one of the last people on the plane and I can't remember the last time they didn't check my carry on luggage into the hold on a Ryanair flight.
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:42am

Your on row 9

Ignorant f**ks

Leaving aside the actual nonsense of wanting to get to another queue first, why should they? Surely people should leave anything in the manner they are ready. If you were ready then you would be ready to step in as the row in front emptied. And, aside of all of that, how the f**k is it annoying!? People annoy the f**k out of me all the time, but this is beyond my comprehension!

Because in my opinion its bad manners. Simple. If your opinion is different I couldn't care less 

Also I am ready, its the people that still try to barge through that annoy the f**k out of me

Edited by foggy.nelson - 10 Jul 2019 at 9:48am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:51am
The standing up once the plane lands to get off doesn't annoy me. That stage has got a bit quicker over the last few years, you're standing for less time for the doors to open. There will be people on every plane in a rush and others who aren't, so its advantageous to those in a rush to stand up.
Hypothetically speaking, if you get a crowd of middle aged women in row 4 for example, or a family with a few young children and loads of hand luggage and toys to gather up in row 5, who are happy to wait until everyone gets off before they get off, what are you supposed to do?
Of course there is no need for bad manners, you should always offer to let people who are in rows in front of you out who are ready to walk off.

I agree that queuing to board a plane is pointless.

Speedy boarding always confused me. Why pay to have your knees up round your chin for 20 minutes longer than needs be.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 10 Jul 2019 at 9:54am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The standing up once the plane lands to get off doesn't annoy me. That stage has got a bit quicker over the last few years, you're standing for less time for the doors to open. There will be people on every plane in a rush and others who aren't, so its advantageous to those in a rush to stand up.
Hypothetically speaking, if you get a crowd of middle aged women in row 4 for example, or a family with a few young children and loads of hand luggage and toys to gather up in row 5, who are happy to wait until everyone gets off before they get off, what are you supposed to do?
Of course there is no need for bad manners, you should always offer to let people who are in rows in front of you out who are ready to walk off.

Speedy boarding always confused me. Why pay to have your knees up round your chin for 20 minutes longer than needs be.

I recall a speedy boarding lark in Gatwick airport , it turned out for those who paid for speedy boarding had the joy of getting onto the bus first to take them to the plane , the rest of us still got on the same bus with the speedy lot , but two minutes later  LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I recall a speedy boarding lark in Gatwick airport , it turned out for those who paid for speedy boarding had the joy of getting onto the bus first to take them to the plane , the rest of us still got on the same bus with the speedy lot , but two minutes later  LOL
Similar to me in Berlin recently. Group of about 12 of us. Me and one other lad had priority. We had seats waiting at the gate, they made an announcement that priority boarding was open. Two of us walked up to board, basically to stand on the other side of a barrier with no seats for about 30 minutes while the rest of the lads sat in their seats about 5 yards away from us. Then we needed to get on a bus to the plane so the rest ended up getting on at the same time as us anyway.

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:11am
Ryanair are ****s being the theme here

Edited by 9fingers - 10 Jul 2019 at 11:12am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:23am
I actually haven’t flown Ryanair in years, and the day time I did I was on a very nice, brand new plane, and the service was very,. very good. However, the route I fly most is Dublin to London and unless the markup to LCY of Heathrow is particularly big, I will fly Aer Lingus, BA, or City. It’s simply the convenience factor, along with the necessity to use the relatively expensive rail travel from the likes of Gatwick.

Notwithstanding my views on their luggage policy, ten years ago I would have had significantly more dislike for them, and at a certain point I more or less stopped using them.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:28am
Easyjet makes Ryanair look sophisticated. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:46am

Your on row 9

Ignorant f**ks

Because in my opinion its bad manners. Simple. If your opinion is different I couldn't care less 

Also I am ready, its the people that still try to barge through that annoy the f**k out of me
Well it is bad manners to be dismissive of others opinions! Joking aside, I just don’t get the people running to get off or the people who care if they do. They aren’t going anywhere fast and while it may be bad manners it is at the lower end of the scale.

Anyway, for those saying there is no room in the luggage hold for a bag then there is room at your feet. I generally fly with Ryanair, I have never had to leave a bag behind me. I have never missed a flight that I have got to the gate for and I have always had a seat too! I am generally one of the last on the plane.  I find it astounding that people queue to get on something with a fixed number of seats and with a set leaving time.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 1:22pm
Have only flown Ryanair for the last 5 or 6 years.
Never any problem.
The last few passengers boarding usually can’t get a space right over their seat for their case, so have to go traipsing down the aisle looking for a space, or end up giving it to a steward.
I do queue early to get on the plane, travelling with 2 young kids we usually have 4 x 10kg carry on bags.
It is handier to have the bags right above you, as no doubt I’ll have to retrieve ipads/earphones/food/toys at some stage.
So I can’t risk it being put down in the hold, and I really don’t want to go up and down the aisle opening overhead lockers looking for cases.

But if you don’t need to access your case then there is no need to queue/board early.
And yes, people in a rush to get off the plane, you’ll end up standing beside them at the carousel waiting for the big cases.

I like to save my annoyance for car hire companies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 739740741742743 992>
  Share Topic