You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 738739740741742 993>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 7:26pm
Brought the Chung fellas bike to the garage earlier to blow up the tyres and spotted a place that's €7 mon-Thur. That place will get an opportunity to impress me
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 5:46pm
€6 on Meath St from a Chinese steamer or Lithuanian battleaxe.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

€10 for a haircut

Shocked It's €22 in my barbers

Where the f**k do you live

I think €10 is too much for a bog standard haircut, I obviously pay it but for the work involved it should be no more than €7/€8

How did the Rabbi convention in Tel Aviv go for ya?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

€10 for a haircut

Shocked It's €22 in my barbers

Where the f**k do you live

I think €10 is too much for a bog standard haircut, I obviously pay it but for the work involved it should be no more than €7/€8
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:51pm
They're on the list alright. Its starting to become too regular among the shops for my liking. €3.99 is the limit anything over that is pushing it.
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

When getting a chicken fillet roll and having to pay an extra 50cent if you want cheese or coleslaw. 

LOL

That was in Centra beside Garvey's wasn't it? 

Got stung with that myself 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:30pm
There's a reason for that. Everything costs money in sandwich shops. Everything. They make money if they put one chicken fillet in a sandwich - they wouldn't make money if they put two in, or if they give away expensive additions like cheese and coleslaw for free. Have you seen the price of cheese?

You aren't entitled to something for nothing.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 17 Sep 2014 at 3:31pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:30pm
Hate when you just go into a sandwich or chip shop and are clearly reading the menu deciding what to have and the shop assistant is rushing you asking what you want
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:18pm
When getting a chicken fillet roll and having to pay an extra 50cent if you want cheese or coleslaw. 
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:16pm
Speaking of chippers, can't stand when they don't put enough salt and vineger on your chips. I always say "loads" when they ask and its still not enough half the time...it's not like salt & vinegar are expensive Confused 

Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:07pm
I was in a chipper in Kilkenny on Saturday night on the way back from Thurlus after Wexford match. Meyelf the old lad in the chipper and it took two people too take our order. One the people took my fathers first while I stood there for 5 minutes waiting on the other person to serve me. Not impressed. Chips were lovely though.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Queue's in pubs. Thumbs Down

That Table Table bar belonging to the Premier Inn I was in the other night there Flanno, was waiting at the bar a solid 10 mins and about 4 people in the whole place. Yer wan was struggling with a new keg of Stella and couldn't get the head right. I, being my helpful, pervy self told her exactly what to do to get it right if she didnt want to start messing with the gas. Would she listen, would she fcuk. Eventually a male colleague came along and did exactly what I said to do and hey presto. anyway, one order at a time and taking all day about it too.
You are lucky. Normally in places like that you get to hear the full  version of Candice's night out with the girls.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:46pm
Queue's in pubs. Thumbs Down

That Table Table bar belonging to the Premier Inn I was in the other night there Flanno, was waiting at the bar a solid 10 mins and about 4 people in the whole place. Yer wan was struggling with a new keg of Stella and couldn't get the head right. I, being my helpful, pervy self told her exactly what to do to get it right if she didnt want to start messing with the gas. Would she listen, would she fcuk. Eventually a male colleague came along and did exactly what I said to do and hey presto. anyway, one order at a time and taking all day about it too.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:45pm

€10 for a haircut

That isn't dear at all GD. 

13 quid back home in Westport I think. €8 or 9 at best in Galway afaik
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Also you know what really pisses me off? Other people in supermarkets and shops.

Why the f**k do people walk so f**king slowly, stand with their fat arse and big f**k off full trolley in front of half the aisle or take a f**king week to get their money/card out of their f**king purse.

Also self service checkouts can go f**k themselves.

ClapClap Self service are the worst. It takes an age. They won't read the vegetables properly, you have to get one member of staff, who is doing 20 tills, to come over because you have a bottle of wine. It keeps telling you to put 'it in the bagging area' when the f**king thing is in the bagging area. 

I have also noticed upon my return home, how less annoying people are in supermarkets here. People apologise for being in your way. The staff don't try and run you over just because they have a massive trolley for the shelves and if you happen to be staring at a shelve with other people you don't actually have to wait your turn. More than one person can stare at a shelf at a time. It is a remarkable concept that somebody should teach the English in schools. 
This is so true. I've asked my gf what the story is with the English and queueing? I always thought it was jsut a silly joke but they f**king love forming a queue. It's like us and lists :)

I was in a pub in chester a while back and this single file queue developed at the bar. There were 3 staff working and these people were all queueing behind the one guy. I just walked up to the front, got served and asked the barman about it. He said he didn't know what the f**k they were doing but happens all the time in this one pub.
I got some weird looks off them too. It's a pub ffs not disneyland.
The biggest problem with this is that they love to queue when there is no need but try getting on a bus or a tube in London!! That is where you are supposed to queue you stupid Cahnts!!!!!
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Also you know what really pisses me off? Other people in supermarkets and shops.

Why the f**k do people walk so f**king slowly, stand with their fat arse and big f**k off full trolley in front of half the aisle or take a f**king week to get their money/card out of their f**king purse.

ClapClap Self service are the worst. It takes an age. They won't read the vegetables properly, you have to get one member of staff, who is doing 20 tills, to come over because you have a bottle of wine. It keeps telling you to put 'it in the bagging area' when the f**king thing is in the bagging area. 

I have also noticed upon my return home, how less annoying people are in supermarkets here. People apologise for being in your way. The staff don't try and run you over just because they have a massive trolley for the shelves and if you happen to be staring at a shelve with other people you don't actually have to wait your turn. More than one person can stare at a shelf at a time. It is a remarkable concept that somebody should teach the English in schools. 
This is so true. I've asked my gf what the story is with the English and queueing? I always thought it was jsut a silly joke but they f**king love forming a queue. It's like us and lists :)

I was in a pub in chester a while back and this single file queue developed at the bar. There were 3 staff working and these people were all queueing behind the one guy. I just walked up to the front, got served and asked the barman about it. He said he didn't know what the f**k they were doing but happens all the time in this one pub.
I got some weird looks off them too. It's a pub ffs not disneyland.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

LOL

Do we have our period today?

LOL

nah just went to the supermarket at lunch and it was a joyful experience (the fact I was up earlier than usual had no bearing on it I'm sure.)

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:29pm
Some of you k now where I work, but people running out of fuel in said place. In fact a couple of hours ago a taxi driver ran out of juice in said place with passengers on board. Not sure if the resultant disruption to us and other people actually annoys me or makes me want to beat people around the head with a blunt object
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 738739740741742 993>
  Share Topic