You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 704705706707708 989>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

The ever increasing use of a comma in place of 'and'. It appears to be very common in the US but now it's creeping into Irish media's social media posts. The latest from the Irish Times to annoy the f**k out of me Angry

A tragic story btw.

Is that not just to save on the space as Twitter has a character limit Ermm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Is it a fair question to ask why you watch the ads PM? They seem to cause you some amount of annoyance.

Image result for maybe i like the misery
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Is it a fair question to ask why you watch the ads PM? They seem to cause you some amount of annoyance.

They do, but I have always had an interest in advertising. I think it is a fascinating look at human psychology and think I would liked to have worked in it if it didn't mean becoming a ****.

Also, I do avoid the adverts, most of the time! You can't avoid them forever in a world where when you try and watch a 15 second clickbait video you first have to watch a thirty second advert.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

The ever increasing use of a comma in place of 'and'. It appears to be very common in the US but now it's creeping into Irish media's social media posts. The latest from the Irish Times to annoy the f**k out of me Angry

A tragic story btw.

What is wrong with an ampersand?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

A tragic story btw.

Possibly. I've seen it used with headlines published on websites. It's as irritating as scrawling one's nails on a blackboard.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Another advert on telly, the one where he has an app for his doorbell. Firstly, he is a smug looking prick whose face makes you want to pick up a crowbar, but what sort of burglar rings the doorbell? I would imagine very few people do, even less now that burglars know that they know they are going to be hooked up to someone's phone, especially if they might have to talk to a **** like him.

Having not seen the advert or know what way it works, I am going to hazard a guess and assume that that the "door bell" has some sort of motion sensor and camera built in to it and "rings" when motion is detected, in this case by the burglar? The owner who then has an app for the door bell can then see on his phone what or who is at his door and can speak directly through the door bell-would this be correct?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Another advert on telly, the one where he has an app for his doorbell. Firstly, he is a smug looking prick whose face makes you want to pick up a crowbar, but what sort of burglar rings the doorbell? I would imagine very few people do, even less now that burglars know that they know they are going to be hooked up to someone's phone, especially if they might have to talk to a **** like him.

Having not seen the advert or know what way it works, I am going to hazard a guess and assume that that the "door bell" has some sort of motion sensor and camera built in to it and "rings" when motion is detected, in this case by the burglar? The owner who then has an app for the door bell can then see on his phone what or who is at his door and can speak directly through the door bell-would this be correct?
No, he presses the bell.  Why is he going near the front door at all? He is a sh*te burglar.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:17pm

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

No, he presses the bell.  Why is he going near the front door at all? He is a sh*te burglar.

A turd burglar?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:29pm
Yes when you become a sh*te burglar your life goes down the toilet
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

A turd strike and you're out.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 1:16pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

A turd strike and you're out.

I am flush with puns today

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 9:35pm

Makes sense really. If you ring the bell and there is no answer it is the perfect house to try and burgal cause its empty. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Makes sense really. If you ring the bell and there is no answer it is the perfect house to try and burgal cause its empty. 
Why would that make it empty? I know plenty of people, including myself, who would never answer the door unless expecting somebody. Also, they might be in bed, in the shower etc. 
If I wanted to burgle somebody or a particular street, I would 'case the place' better than just turning up and ringing the bell. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 10:03pm
Dedicated to PM

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 11:11pm

Why would that make it empty? I know plenty of people, including myself, who would never answer the door unless expecting somebody. Also, they might be in bed, in the shower etc. 
If I wanted to burgle somebody or a particular street, I would 'case the place' better than just turning up and ringing the bell. 
you overestimate the intelligence of a lot of burglars. 
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 11:46pm
I'm another of those almost never answer the door types. So much so that the regular telecom and other canvassers who regularly go door to door never come in any more as it's a non-answering household.It's great.

There's now a new one of those doorbell app ads where some lad is out walking his dog and tells the postman ringing his doorbell (through his phone) to leave the package with his neighbours .Hilarity then ensues when he says good boy to his dog and the royal mail lad thinks he's talking to him. Answering your doorbell on your phone is definitely the future.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Looking at it from a potential customer's point of view (I'm not, but anyway), I would want a product or service that will only work against f**king eejits.
Secondly, I'd be even less likely to purchase it after they have shown all the f**king eejits what not to do when robbing a house, or maybe it is a cunning plan to sell another product of theirs that catches burglars when they go around the back and is only available after purchasing the other yoke.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 2:59am

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Looking at it from a potential customer's point of view (I'm not, but anyway), I would want a product or service that will only work against f**king eejits.
Secondly, I'd be even less likely to purchase it after they have shown all the f**king eejits what not to do when robbing a house, or maybe it is a cunning plan to sell another product of theirs that catches burglars when they go around the back and is only available after purchasing the other yoke.
robbing ****s protecting you against robbing ****s....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 704705706707708 989>
  Share Topic