You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 603604605606607 992>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

The latest fad ... Lifestyle coach . We went from every second person being a personal trainer to now being lifestyle coach . I called it ages ago that these lads will be caught out and they would be ditching the shorts for slacks and getting back to the 9/5 as the PT situation is ridiculous. Now the last throw of the dice is life style coaching before real work looms again

The personal trainer thing was ridiculous. Any ol prick can throw a few cones down in a field and tell some chubby fecker to run.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 24 Jan 2018 at 9:03am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 9:12am
Dry January
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 9:13am
Personal trainer like your man from Tallafornia on first dates last night

Girl - “Do you make money from it” ..

Not - “Not really”

Sums up personal trainers in one.

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 9:27am
I wouldn't class all PT's as useless. I went to a lad who was recommended to me. I did six 1 hour sessions over 8 weeks (it was supposed to be one a week but holidays got in the way). I went from 96 kilos to 82/83 kilos. It's hard to get an appointment with this lad so I don't think he is struggling. 
El Puto Amo
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 9:38am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I wouldn't class all PT's as useless. I went to a lad who was recommended to me. I did six 1 hour sessions over 8 weeks (it was supposed to be one a week but holidays got in the way). I went from 96 kilos to 82/83 kilos. It's hard to get an appointment with this lad so I don't think he is struggling. 

There’s good and bad alright , like everything really. It’s a gig that’s definitely top heavy with bluffers and posers all the same !
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 9:40am

I assume you changed your diet and were playing ball too? That some weight loss for 6 sessions. 

Currently doing an 8 weeker. Couldn't walk down the stairs after first session. Quads were in agony. 

Edited by McG - 24 Jan 2018 at 9:41am
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:00am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I assume you changed your diet and were playing ball too? That some weight loss for 6 sessions. 

Currently doing an 8 weeker. Couldn't walk down the stairs after first session. Quads were in agony. 

Yeah, I changed my diet and I was playing a fair bit of ball. One interesting thing that did happen was that I got injured in mid November and only started back training around mid January and the weight didn't really go back on (I'm a week back training and am about 84kg's). That's factoring in the Xmas period and a holiday with an all inclusive meal/drink set up for some of it. I'd put that down to a key piece of advice yer man gave me which was to cut all excess sugar from my diet. I wasn't allowed eat anything with more than 5% sugar in it (bar fruit). Pretty much anything else was gameball. Now, it's a pain in the hole at the start. It was like coming off drugs with all the mood swings, lack of energy and generally feeling poxy for about a week. It's also annoying spending ages wandering around the supermarket checking all the labels looking at sugar content in whatever. It's amazing how sugar is in fooking everything. Once I got past that initial period, it was a piece of p1ss. I was feeling great and knew what I could and couldn't eat so I was able to fly around the shops picking up the right stuff. 

Long story short, get off the sugar. If you need a fix then have one of those Fulfill bars, they aren't too bad and they taste pretty good. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 24 Jan 2018 at 10:01am
El Puto Amo
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:18am
As Babbs said, there's good and bad. The same could be said about tradesmen, how many electricians were there in the early to late 00's. As with anything, if you're bad at it, you'll be found out quickly.

McH, the triple chocolate Fulfil bars are top notch Clap  If you're tracking calories strictly, just be aware that although it says there's only 1.5g of sugar per bar, there's 12g of polyols (sugar alcohol which add to the calories) in each bar.

Edited by The Huntacha - 24 Jan 2018 at 10:24am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:20am
€2.50 a pop for wan of them
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:35am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

As Babbs said, there's good and bad. The same could be said about tradesmen, how many electricians were there in the early to late 00's. As with anything, if you're bad at it, you'll be found out quickly.

McH, the triple chocolate Fulfil bars are top notch Clap  If you're tracking calories strictly, just be aware that although it says there's only 1.5g of sugar per bar, there's 12g of polyols (sugar alcohol which add to the calories) in each bar.

That's interesting Hunty, I didn't know that. Fair play. 
Check this short video out:

What is the world coming to when you can't even trust big corporations and lobby groups to look after us? 
El Puto Amo
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:36am

€2.50 a pop for wan of them

Keep eye on Dunnes they were doing 6 pack of those and 20 pack was working out at approx. €1.30 a bar.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:58am

This. I’ve used a PT before although not in a 1 on 1 set up. 4 weeks & 15 pounds down. Theresgood and bad as with all industries. A lot of posers too but you can’t tar em all
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 11:04am

Yeah, I changed my diet and I was playing a fair bit of ball. One interesting thing that did happen was that I got injured in mid November and only started back training around mid January and the weight didn't really go back on (I'm a week back training and am about 84kg's). That's factoring in the Xmas period and a holiday with an all inclusive meal/drink set up for some of it. I'd put that down to a key piece of advice yer man gave me which was to cut all excess sugar from my diet. I wasn't allowed eat anything with more than 5% sugar in it (bar fruit). Pretty much anything else was gameball. Now, it's a pain in the hole at the start. It was like coming off drugs with all the mood swings, lack of energy and generally feeling poxy for about a week. It's also annoying spending ages wandering around the supermarket checking all the labels looking at sugar content in whatever. It's amazing how sugar is in fooking everything. Once I got past that initial period, it was a piece of p1ss. I was feeling great and knew what I could and couldn't eat so I was able to fly around the shops picking up the right stuff. 

Long story short, get off the sugar. If you need a fix then have one of those Fulfill bars, they aren't too bad and they taste pretty good. 

What kind of stuff did this eliminate for you that'd you'd normally eat?
Some people just deserve a slap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

[QUOTE=MC Hammered]

[/QUOTE

Literally any purchase I was making, I would check the content to make sure it had less than 5g's of sugar per 100g. So chocolate and a lot of sauces were out. I found it surprising just how much sugar was in things like pasta sauces and ketchup. Most processed packaged foods have loads also. But it varies between different brands. Also, products that are advertised as "low fat" are often higher in sugar.  

So basically, I ate loads of fish and didn't really cut back on red meats. Yer man didnt tell me to avoid breads but I tried to anyway. 

Another thing, if you're out for dinner or you're boozing then try and make the best choice on offer. Don't have extra sauce or have fizzy drinks. 

The weight will fall off
El Puto Amo
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:08pm
The UEFA Nations League.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:13pm

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

[QUOTE=MC Hammered]

[/QUOTE

Literally any purchase I was making, I would check the content to make sure it had less than 5g's of sugar per 100g. So chocolate and a lot of sauces were out. I found it surprising just how much sugar was in things like pasta sauces and ketchup. Most processed packaged foods have loads also. But it varies between different brands. Also, products that are advertised as "low fat" are often higher in sugar.  

So basically, I ate loads of fish and didn't really cut back on red meats. Yer man didnt tell me to avoid breads but I tried to anyway. 

Another thing, if you're out for dinner or you're boozing then try and make the best choice on offer. Don't have extra sauce or have fizzy drinks. 

The weight will fall off
Sound Thumbs Up
For probably the first January ever i'm actually sticking to a resolution and trying to make it work. Bought a spin bike last week, cant get time to do much outside home with the kids so I do 45 minutes on this 3/4 times a week - put the class on the laptop, put the headphones on and  pedal like a fooker! Definitely going to have to start checking the foods though after what you've said above
Some people just deserve a slap
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

A dump 
wipe away
then have a shower wash your hole as per usual
45 mins later, serious dirt in the eyeConfused Confused Angry

Eh...have you tried washing your eyes?

Dirt in your eye, is an expression for an itchy hole Ouch
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 1:27pm

I know two friends that use them, one was 19 stone and was called FAT (Fat American Tourist) he is now 13 stone, and working out all the time. Another one eventually did it and he hasn't a pick on him, so they can be good.

But a lifestyle coach is a whole load of wank altogether - that said there's probably some good ones if that's what you need but ehh no thanks.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 603604605606607 992>
  Share Topic