You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 640641642643644 989>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 7:11pm
F**king hate regional goobs. There was a bit on RTE news about Shannon and Dublin airport - Shannon CEO saying they need more connectivity to hubs like Frankfurt, Paris and Amsterdam to encourage regional development. Fine. Then some Limerick politician or chamber of commerce lad saying they need to increase landing charges at Dublin to make regional airports more attractive - absolute bollocks. The era of the Shannon stopover proved that the way to strengthen regional airports is not to weaken Dublin.

With the second runway, increased transatlantic routes and frequencies, Brexit, US preclearance, delays with the third runway at Heathrow, and the IAG takeover of Aer Lingus, Dublin stands to have a real chance of being a major hub for loads of European routes to North America, both West Coast and East Coast. The last thing it needs is to be hamstrung by some mis-intentioned goob out to make a name for himself in Limerick to hamper that with misguided efforts to help Shannon. Removing passengers from Dublin won't help Shannon as much as it harms Dublin. It is literally a negative sum game.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

F**king hate regional goobs. There was a bit on RTE news about Shannon and Dublin airport - Shannon CEO saying they need more connectivity to hubs like Frankfurt, Paris and Amsterdam to encourage regional development. Fine. Then some Limerick politician or chamber of commerce lad saying they need to increase landing charges at Dublin to make regional airports more attractive - absolute bollocks. The era of the Shannon stopover proved that the way to strengthen regional airports is not to weaken Dublin.

With the second runway, increased transatlantic routes and frequencies, Brexit, US preclearance, delays with the third runway at Heathrow, and the IAG takeover of Aer Lingus, Dublin stands to have a real chance of being a major hub for loads of European routes to North America, both West Coast and East Coast. The last thing it needs is to be hamstrung by some mis-intentioned goob out to make a name for himself in Limerick to hamper that with misguided efforts to help Shannon. Removing passengers from Dublin won't help Shannon as much as it harms Dublin. It is literally a negative sum game.

Not forgetting the Far East in some aspects with Brexit looming 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:07pm
commentary and pictures not synced on RTÉ coverage of champions league.  Hamilton is like a constant spoiler.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:13pm
PLayers passing the ball back to the corner taker who is caught offside. It's like the player who gets the ball can't help himself when he sees a player wide open. Of course he's open, he's offside!

Surely the corner taker could come up with a signal, hand up unitl he's onside or something
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

commentary and pictures not synced on RTÉ coverage of champions league.  Hamilton is like a constant spoiler.  

It's a regular problem with live games on RTE. Pain in the hoop.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

It's a regular problem with live games on RTE. Pain in the hoop.

George is like the opposite of Aido.  He ets to the point before it happens . 
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:26am
Cracking an egg into a frying pan and the c**ting yoke breaks. 
f**king devastating 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:11am

LOL was doing my head in last night
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:18am
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

LOL was doing my head in last night

Clap  100%
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:19am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

f**king devastating 

I've perfected the art of frying an egg.

Always crack the egg into pan that is on a very low heat. And continue to cook it on a low heat. Finish it off with sticking the pan under the grill for about 30 seconds.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:24am
Americanisms. Goob? Ffs!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

PLayers passing the ball back to the corner taker who is caught offside. It's like the player who gets the ball can't help himself when he sees a player wide open. Of course he's open, he's offside!

Surely the corner taker could come up with a signal, hand up unitl he's onside or something
Agreed.
Defenders on the posts are trained to step out when a corner is taken short.

The idiot attackers should know this.

The corner taker should loop around his pal and not stand offside waiting for the return pass.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:41am

This must be going on ten years and they haven't rectified it.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:51am
Hate that, when the commentary is ahead of the pictures. Ruins the element of surprise in a game.
Its something similar when watching a match on BT Sport or Sky Go on my ipad. Its usually a minute behind real time TV so I have to put my phone away and not look at it as I would sometimes get a message if a goal goes in in a big game, and its still not scored on my ipad!

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Americanisms. Goob? Ffs!

and American spelling - catergorize, humor, center

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:04pm
George Hamilton is a spoiler anyhow, terrible commentator.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:08pm
They're all terrible commentators nowadays. Nobody in the calibre of Brian Moore, Barry Davies,  1980's/Early 1990s Motson anymore Cry

Edited by Denis Irwin - 26 Apr 2018 at 2:09pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

f**king devastating 

I've perfected the art of frying an egg.

Always crack the egg into pan that is on a very low heat. And continue to cook it on a low heat. Finish it off with sticking the pan under the grill for about 30 seconds.

Just put a lid on the pan to cook the egg evenly  without the need to turn over the egg. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 640641642643644 989>
  Share Topic