You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 903904905906907 988>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Hyprochindria

Clap

He will have aids if we keep going.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 8:24pm
Them annoying ads when at the start of youtube videos. You have to wait 10 seconds before you can skip the ad and then close the little pop up ad in the window aswell.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 8:21pm
Hyprochindria

Edited by horsebox - 12 Jan 2013 at 8:28pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Having a cold/flu for 5 weeks Confused Angry
people who call a cold 'the flu'. I f ya had the f**king flu you would be in hospital, what you have is a runny nose, a cough and a serious case of being a moaning bastard.

People who are 'intolerant' of certain foods. 'I am intolerant of dairy, it gives me slight acid reflux'. 'Does this dish have any gluten in it? I am intolerant'. Intolerable more like.

Right then you medical marvel. I was sent home from work on Monday on account of looking so run down but I had got into the habit of overriding the feeling and trying to forget about it. Went to the doctor and it turns out I had a throat infection, abnormal respiratory patterns as well as several other strong flu related symptoms, which had intensified over the last week. I've been on four different types of medication since Monday and spent the majority of the week in bed. Of course, it's a pity I didn't have your expert medical opinion to save all this unnecessary messing around. And funnily enough, like FW, I know two coeliacs who both describe themselves as intolerant to gluten and have told me how serious the effects can be if they don't monitor what they eat carefully and, for that reason, I've no problem with them taking as long as they need to order something. Ye gobsh*te Clown
They are not 'intolerant' to anything. They have coeliac disease, a disease which triggers an immune reaction to certain foods such as wheat, rye and barley. If they describe themselves as intolerant they are falling foul of using a more widespread word which should only be used for more trifling matters. Much the same as people who use cold for the term flu. Or use the term cold/flu to describe abnormal respiratory patterns.
Oh and I don't give a f**k how long people take to order food, what annoys me is people taking on pretend allergies to cover up their own pretiousness and fussiness which dilutes the necessities of people who suffer from genuine allergies and autoimmune disorders. Ya prick

Not that I should be bothered explaining this to the likes of you, but anyway. The most common causes of influenza are chills, fever, muscle pain, sore throat, muscle pain, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. I was sent home work on Monday as I was randomly breaking into cold sweats and looked in a jocker altogether. The doctor himself said that after examining me the cold I had had developed into the flu. I'm not going into all the symptoms but I've had them all and one or two others (still not 100% and won't be out the weekend). As a result, I've been bed ridden for the last 5/6 days, barely leaving the house. Now what exactly makes you qualified to dispute any of this? I would kindly suggest you keep your mouth shut when it comes to making diagnoses over the internet, which you know nothing about.

Coeliacs are intolerant to gluten - they are extremely intolerant to the point where it causes the nutrients normally absorbed to certain parts of the body to go elsewhere, bringing on the symptoms. The symptoms don't necessarily come on straight away. People with milder intolerance to gluten run the risk of developing coeliac disease if they eat too much gluten, aka don't monitor their intake. The people who told me this stuff are both coeliacs are for several reasons I would take their word over yours.

I'm sure you have grand notions about your superior knowledge to the medical professions and indeed everyone else but in reality you haven't got a fookin clue.
I do not know why I bother arguing with you as you are clearly semi-literate but here I go again. YOU are the one who called a cold/flu. While I empathise with your illness I find people who say they are 'suffering from the flu' to be idiots. If you actually have the flu and refer to it as a cold, then equally you are an idiot. I have not tried to dispute any of this, I haven't a clue about your illness but I would strongly advise checking the side effects of any tablets you are taking, it seems inability to understand basic English is one of them.

You also need to comprehend the word intolerance and it's relationship to food. Medically I believe intolerance is referred to as non-allergic food hypersensitivity. Therefore these people either are coeliac or are not. If they are not and are that worried a recommend a home based diet of vegetables and water

I said I've had a cold/flu for 5 weeks - I never said I had both of them at the same time. If you bothered reading what I posted, or were able to, you would notice that I had a cold for several weeks, which developed into the more serious influenza. You assumed incorrectly and that comes as no surprise whatsoever.

An intolerance to a food type can lead to a more serious allergy or disease if ignored - that's a fact.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 6:50pm
Posts that contain multiple really really really long quotes!
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 6:46pm

people who call a cold 'the flu'. I f ya had the f**king flu you would be in hospital, what you have is a runny nose, a cough and a serious case of being a moaning bastard.

People who are 'intolerant' of certain foods. 'I am intolerant of dairy, it gives me slight acid reflux'. 'Does this dish have any gluten in it? I am intolerant'. Intolerable more like.

Right then you medical marvel. I was sent home from work on Monday on account of looking so run down but I had got into the habit of overriding the feeling and trying to forget about it. Went to the doctor and it turns out I had a throat infection, abnormal respiratory patterns as well as several other strong flu related symptoms, which had intensified over the last week. I've been on four different types of medication since Monday and spent the majority of the week in bed. Of course, it's a pity I didn't have your expert medical opinion to save all this unnecessary messing around. And funnily enough, like FW, I know two coeliacs who both describe themselves as intolerant to gluten and have told me how serious the effects can be if they don't monitor what they eat carefully and, for that reason, I've no problem with them taking as long as they need to order something. Ye gobsh*te Clown
They are not 'intolerant' to anything. They have coeliac disease, a disease which triggers an immune reaction to certain foods such as wheat, rye and barley. If they describe themselves as intolerant they are falling foul of using a more widespread word which should only be used for more trifling matters. Much the same as people who use cold for the term flu. Or use the term cold/flu to describe abnormal respiratory patterns.
Oh and I don't give a f**k how long people take to order food, what annoys me is people taking on pretend allergies to cover up their own pretiousness and fussiness which dilutes the necessities of people who suffer from genuine allergies and autoimmune disorders. Ya prick

Not that I should be bothered explaining this to the likes of you, but anyway. The most common causes of influenza are chills, fever, muscle pain, sore throat, muscle pain, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. I was sent home work on Monday as I was randomly breaking into cold sweats and looked in a jocker altogether. The doctor himself said that after examining me the cold I had had developed into the flu. I'm not going into all the symptoms but I've had them all and one or two others (still not 100% and won't be out the weekend). As a result, I've been bed ridden for the last 5/6 days, barely leaving the house. Now what exactly makes you qualified to dispute any of this? I would kindly suggest you keep your mouth shut when it comes to making diagnoses over the internet, which you know nothing about.

Coeliacs are intolerant to gluten - they are extremely intolerant to the point where it causes the nutrients normally absorbed to certain parts of the body to go elsewhere, bringing on the symptoms. The symptoms don't necessarily come on straight away. People with milder intolerance to gluten run the risk of developing coeliac disease if they eat too much gluten, aka don't monitor their intake. The people who told me this stuff are both coeliacs are for several reasons I would take their word over yours.

I'm sure you have grand notions about your superior knowledge to the medical professions and indeed everyone else but in reality you haven't got a fookin clue.
I do not know why I bother arguing with you as you are clearly semi-literate but here I go again. YOU are the one who called a cold/flu. While I empathise with your illness I find people who say they are 'suffering from the flu' to be idiots. If you actually have the flu and refer to it as a cold, then equally you are an idiot. I have not tried to dispute any of this, I haven't a clue about your illness but I would strongly advise checking the side effects of any tablets you are taking, it seems inability to understand basic English is one of them.

You also need to comprehend the word intolerance and it's relationship to food. Medically I believe intolerance is referred to as non-allergic food hypersensitivity. Therefore these people either are coeliac or are not. If they are not and are that worried a recommend a home based diet of vegetables and water
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What 4 different types of medication?
Surely strong flu symptoms is a just another way is saying you have a cold.
What does abnormal respiratory patterns mean?

See above. What you on about anyway? You smoking some of Clonbhoy's wacky tobacky?
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

When a Capri-Sun straw doesn't go into the hole, just leads to hardship.

Getting the Capri-sun straw in the hole is one tough skill to master.

Your right there, if ya dont master it, your fooked.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 6:05pm

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Getting the Capri-sun straw in the hole is one tough skill to master.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 5:01pm
Flat screws Angry
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 3:47pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 3:32pm

What 4 different types of medication?
Surely strong flu symptoms is a just another way is saying you have a cold.
What does abnormal respiratory patterns mean?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 12:43pm

Only one biscuit left in the wheatabix box

bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, tea. Tongue
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 12:40pm

My condolences, this is a terrible thing to experience in the morning!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 12:35pm
You re right kimbap. I was only there 90 minutes before the flight but normally im in the airport a good few hours before the flight where i read a book, have a pint etc. ive flown to alot of places and of course there are people being slow but ive never witnessed anything as slow as i seen in chopin airport tbh. I wont be cutting it fine again like that as i nearly blew a gasket.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Security at Dublin airport this morning. In the q for over half an hour. The amount of idiots who decide when they actually get to the front then decide to take all the sh*t out of their pockets, realise that they have toiletries over the the allowance, take off their belts and generaly acting the prick. These clowns had plenty of time in the line to sort this sh*t out and I just about made me flight. If i had me way if you are not fully prepared and organised when you arrive at security you should be fooked to the back of the q. Why are airports full of the worlds biggest gimps?

<div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popUpDivOff" =":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.Name='popUpDivOn';" style="display: none;">
<div name="popupMenu" id="popupMenu" style="display:none" ="popupMenu">
        <div id="div1">
            Upload Photo to Facebook

<div id="div2">
          Google share picture

<div id="div3">
          Twitt

<div id="div4">
          Send by Gmail

<div name="popupMenuVideo" id="popupMenuVideo" style="display:none" ="popupMenuVideo">
        <div id="div1">
            Search

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">
          Twitt

<div id="div4">
          Send by Gmail

100% agree

Last time i was in the airport i was in a bit of a rush to try and get through security. The line was short so i thought i'd be through in no time. Women going through taking every little thing out of their bag, and what about this? and this, and this.... oh does this have to go into the clear plastic bag.

It's been over 11years now since we started doing these more stringent checks. How the f**k do people not know how to go through these without taking 20mins to do so Angry

to be fair people are usually efficent in dublin. i was coming back from poland in chopin airport and everyone was fcuking clueless. nobody took anything off untill the security prompted them. i was running late and was cursing out loud, getting really stressed. took it out on the security fella but shouldnt have. told them how slow they were in poland at this. went up to passport control then. stupid cxxts waited until they went up to the passport booth to take out their passports out of their handbags. at this stage i lost it, i was on the phone roaring and cursing in the queue and rang the auld pair who told me to be calm or id be arrested. i was completely stressed and raging with people stupidity. Got to the booth and in ireland they look at it for 3 seconds and let ya through.not here. The police woman started fcuking typing my details. i got bull thick with her saying come on come on im gonna miss my plane and she goes not my fault you re not in time. i said as i was leaving under my breath that id have to have been here 10 fcuking hours before departure but she didnt hear all that. got my plane in good time.
Id normally not be like that but its amazing how people can drive ya nuts

Have to disagree with there a bit Irishmu,

There's no doubt it can be very frustrating with lots of stuff in airports,Ive spent what seems like half my life in airports and i fcuking hate them.The thing is you have to expect that there are going to be a lot of idiots/clueless/anxious/sometimes just ignorant people traveling as well.For this reason you have to give yourself way more time than you think to make sure it all goes smoothly.Unfortunately this sometimes means you're sitting at a departure gate 2 hours before take off or sometimes you'll have encounters like you mentioned and just make it.Better be safe than sorry and you can always have a couple of beers if you have to wait at the airport.Thats the way Ive always done it and only missed 2 flights in 10 years.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 12:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 903904905906907 988>
  Share Topic