You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jonny Hayes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

He had a good game. Looked more than capable when taking on the opposition. Had written him off as a serious prospect for Ireland, but if he can reproduce that form and get regular game time, could well be an option.

Has been excellent there last few games 

I must be the only person to think he was really poor against Kilmarnock.

Good to see him get a decent run of games.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:11am
He's still got good athleticism, and he seems to have bulked up quite a bit, so a few good years as a converted left-back/wing-back wouldn't be out of the question.
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

He had a good game. Looked more than capable when taking on the opposition. Had written him off as a serious prospect for Ireland, but if he can reproduce that form and get regular game time, could well be an option.

Has been excellent there last few games 

I must be the only person to think he was really poor against Kilmarnock.

Good to see him get a decent run of games.
No, he was really poor against Kilmarnock, yet he still deserved his MOTM award.LOL
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 4:51pm
i like him, hes versatile and a bit underrated. as mentioned though, we do seem to have a few players at both lb (ward, stevens, cunningham, williams) and left wing (brady, mcclean, etc) the past few years/currently so i think it will be tough for him to add to his 4 caps. glad to see him getting some games for celtic though
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 11:16am
Starts the Old Firm game today.
ChampagneFever View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChampagneFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 9:46am
Thought he was very good, was sacrificed at half time due to being booked and Celtic were going for the kill. Few cracking deliveries from corners and did his defensive duties well
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by ChampagneFever ChampagneFever wrote:

Thought he was very good, was sacrificed at half time due to being booked and Celtic were going for the kill. Few cracking deliveries from corners and did his defensive duties well

read that he had a knock apparently
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 7:36pm
He had a knock alright, but Tierney had only just come back from injury. It was crazy to take Hayes off. He isn't the best player, but he knows that and his attitude is brilliant. I hope he stays around the squad next season. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 7:43pm
Yeah, it was a strange one because he hadn't done a huge amount wrong. Didn't see the 2nd half, but his replacement Sinclair was apparently very poor.
We're decent enough..
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He had a knock alright, but Tierney had only just come back from injury. It was crazy to take Hayes off. He isn't the best player, but he knows that and his attitude is brilliant. I hope he stays around the squad next season. 

i hope he stays as well, thought it was all around poor management from lennon with the starting xi and the subs
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

i hope he stays as well, thought it was all around poor management from lennon with the starting xi and the subs
The first half was a very good performance, Celtic should have been out of sight, even without the red card. It was just strange to bring Hayes off for a knock when Tierney wasn't right. I don't buy the yellow card excuse either, I think that he felt the game was won and Sinclair would add flair and another goal threat. Had Sinclair scored the chance he was presented he might have been vindicated, but he didn't.
Ntcham, who was excellent in the first half, was totally done by the start of the second half and Rogic was nowhere near fit, which is why I am suspicious of Hayes' supposed 'knock'. I think it was tactical and it nearly backfired spectacularly.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:28pm
Having a great game for the  Bhoys.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Joxer34 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joxer34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:59pm
Yeah was great today, surely deserves a call up now
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:11pm
What position did he play today?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

What position did he play today?
Left-wing. He won the penalty for the second, although it was appalling defending, but he really was very good.
As I said on the Celtic thread, he is like McClean, just without the rashness and stupidity. He has a better delivery too.
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:40pm
Very impressive today.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:50pm
Decent player, certainly in with a shout of being a regular squad player for us.
We're decent enough..
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 8:28pm
Has started Celtics last 2 games at left back and been superb - particularly in Rome v Nazio

Is it possible he can be added to the squad for these upcoming games?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic