Pepe Reina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pepe Reina
    Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 11:59pm
Any quotes Carmody? Maybe Kenny has persuaded him to stay. He would be a massive loss.
Sponsored Links

Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 8:42pm
Will be a Liverpool player next season going by his interview with LFC magazine Clap
Out of order
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 11:32am
Clap i reckon he'll be staying for at least another 2 seasons!!

and if he really wants to leave, Liverpool can choose who to sell him to! utd? don't think so!
Ahh heya!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 10:17am

Reina 'fully committed' to Reds

Goalkeeper Jose Reina insists he is fully committed to his long-term contract at Liverpool and has not told Roy Hodgson he wishes to leave.

Reports had suggested the Spain international, who signed a new six-year contract towards the end of last season, had expressed his desire to quit Anfield.

However, the 28-year-old has said this was untrue.

"I have not told the manager that I wish to leave in January or at any time," he told liverpoolfc.tv.

"It is important our fans know this. I have a long-term contract at the club and am fully committed to the club."

Reina added: "I have seen a newspaper has made this suggestion. It is completely untrue."

Rumours about the goalkeeper's future have been circulating since the summer - when Arsenal were linked with a bid - but intensified this week when he was reported as claiming he would look at his position at the end of the season.

When asked about it on Tuesday Hodgson shrugged it off, saying the player was entitled to assess his position.

"That's fair enough, what's wrong with that," he said. "He is an excellent goalkeeper and I hope he plays for Liverpool for years to come."

Liverpool have had to cope with a huge amount of speculation this season in particular, partly caused by the uncertainty of the ownership.

However, once New England Sports Ventures completed their £300million takeover last month a degree of stability has been brought to the club both on and off the field.

And Reina insists the players will not be distracted by rumours, having met with NESV principal owner John Henry only last week to talk about the way forward.

"Our new owner met me and some of the other players last week and I was very happy with what he told me," he added.

"The entire squad and staff are working very hard to get us back competing at the top of the table.

"We will not be distracted by inaccurate media speculation."

Out of order
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 7:33am
Do you honestly think Liverpool would sell one of their best players to Man UnitedStern%20Smile

They'd be more likely to stick him in the reserves with a Man City jersey then sell.

Look at Ferguson's action when Heinze was supposed to be on his way to Liverpool
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

£25 million and he can go and then we get that young lad in goal for atletico madrid

Yeah - that sounds like a good move. Reina is an excellent 'keeper, but he's prone to doing absolutely weird things a little too often for my liking.

Really like the look of the lad at Atletico - he might be a bit too young for United to risk it, but if Reina does want to leave in the summer then I think he'd be a smashing signing. Definately has the potential to be a stronger keeper than Reina IMO.

Can anyone really see Reina moving to United though??Shocked
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

He only really says he thinks he will leave Liverpool there. I would love to see Reina go to United. Schmeichel's right in that they were looking for a goalkeeper for years until Van Dar Sar came along. It is difficult to spot new keepers when they're young and turn them into reliable ones, which is why it is better to go with tried and trusted. Ferguson has probably learnt that ne needs a different policy for buying keepers as they are a different breed to outfield players. City have chosen Hart over Given as they know Hart has the quality and has almost a full career ahead of him.

I don't believe everything i read, Grazza, but you get to know tell tale signs of what players say when they're planning to leave. Ronaldo dropped plenty of them during his last season at United.
In fairness he says a lot more than that "The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this. A lot of goalkeepers are mentioned, but Reina seems to be the one that fits in the team

That's his opinion rather than the views of the club.

Anyway, it would be great if the rumour was true. I'm sure they are looking at plenty of keepers at the moment because VDS has hit the 40 mark and might not be around next season. Don't think Kuscack or Amos are the answer either.

As i have said already i dont think he will go to united but he has clearly heard something from inside the club and he would more than likely still have strong connections within the club The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this

Key word, "Rumour".

Reina wont be aloud join United just like Heinze wasent aloud join the Pool. Off to Inter or if Liverpool "match his ambitions" he will stay there.

As i have said i think he will go to inter as he has said all along benitez brought him to liverpool and was a major reason why he went there

Dont get why liverpool fans thinks he loves the club
He is a spaniard and wants to play in the champions league and win trophies like the vast majority of top spanish players

Just find it a bit strange that schmeichel has openly come out and said he has heard strong rumours from within ot about this- dont ever remember schmeichel saying anything like this before
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 6:15am

He only really says he thinks he will leave Liverpool there. I would love to see Reina go to United. Schmeichel's right in that they were looking for a goalkeeper for years until Van Dar Sar came along. It is difficult to spot new keepers when they're young and turn them into reliable ones, which is why it is better to go with tried and trusted. Ferguson has probably learnt that ne needs a different policy for buying keepers as they are a different breed to outfield players. City have chosen Hart over Given as they know Hart has the quality and has almost a full career ahead of him.

I don't believe everything i read, Grazza, but you get to know tell tale signs of what players say when they're planning to leave. Ronaldo dropped plenty of them during his last season at United.
In fairness he says a lot more than that "The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this. A lot of goalkeepers are mentioned, but Reina seems to be the one that fits in the team

Anyway, it would be great if the rumour was true. I'm sure they are looking at plenty of keepers at the moment because VDS has hit the 40 mark and might not be around next season. Don't think Kuscack or Amos are the answer either.

As i have said already i dont think he will go to united but he has clearly heard something from inside the club and he would more than likely still have strong connections within the club

The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this
Key word, "Rumour".

Reina wont be aloud join United just like Heinze wasent aloud join the Pool. Off to Inter or if Liverpool "match his ambitions" he will stay there.
Out of order
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 6:08am
they can want Reina all they want. But we don't have to sell. If we were to sell him it'd probably be to Inter. but they have a great keeper as it is
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 6:05am

As i have said already i dont think he will go to united but he has clearly heard something from inside the club and he would more than likely still have strong connections within the club

The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:42am

In fairness he says a lot more than that

"The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this. A lot of goalkeepers are mentioned, but Reina seems to be the one that fits in the team

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:34am

In fairness he says a lot more than that

"The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this. A lot of goalkeepers are mentioned, but Reina seems to be the one that fits in the team

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:32am
I think it's a ploy to basically get the owners to spend money. "I won't go back to Spain" basically saying either Inter or another Prem club but really don't think he'll leave.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:31am

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:31am
£25 million and he can go and then we get that young lad in goal for atletico madrid
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:03am
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6501717,00.html

Schmeichel seems to have some inside information that United are gonna make a big bid for him

I still defo think he will follow the waiter to Inter
grazza View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 1:13pm

Judging by those comments he is out of there at the end of the season, unless the owners convince him they are going to spend big and challenge for proper trophies. So he's gone.

Do you believe everything you read??

For the last few years Gerrard & Torres were reported to be leaving and they went nowhere. He's staying
grazza View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 1:12pm

Judging by those comments he is out of there at the end of the season, unless the owners convince him they are going to spend big and challenge for proper trophies. So he's gone.

Do you believe everything you read??

For the last few years Gerrard & Torres were reported to be leaving and they went nowhere. He's staying
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic