URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=25055
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 10:25pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pepe Reina
Posted By: Carmody 10
Subject: Pepe Reina
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 4:42pm

Reina drops Liverpool exit hint

Pepe Reina has dropped a big hint that he could leave Liverpool in the summer if they fail to end their trophy drought this season.

Reina has been linked with a move away from Anfield for much of the season, but the Spaniard has made it clear he is not interested in a return to his home country.

However the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United could be interested in the goalkeeper and the 28-year-old has hinted he has grown tired of Liverpool's wait for a trophy.

Reina said in the Daily Mail: "I signed a six-year contract seven months ago and I'm happy at the club, but every footballer wants to be competing for trophies and winning things.

"I will stay at Liverpool at least until the end of the season. I know there are rumours about me leaving, but I want to make it clear that I have no intention of going back to Spain."

Reina also admitted he was disappointed with Rafael Benitez's exit from the club in the summer.

"Rafael Benitez was an essential person for this club and the reason I came to Liverpool," he added

-------------
Out of order

Replies:
Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 4:58pm

Wouldn't say no to him at United

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 4:59pm

CryCryCryCry

lets hope we can win the FA Cup or the Europa League so!!

-------------
Ahh heya!

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

CryCryCryCry

lets hope we can win the FA Cup or the Europa League so!!

LOL 

Aye becuse winning the Europa league will make him stay

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:03pm
well he wants trophies!! he hardly expects us to win the Champions League when we're not in it!?

-------------
Ahh heya!

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:06pm
Could see him going to Inter

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Could see him going to Inter

What about Julio Cesar?

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:12pm

Unless they continue to get their act together; he is far too good for that team and wouldnt blame him leaving. Love the fella. He genuinely loves the club and is a top class keeper.

-------------

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Unless they continue to get their act together; he is far too good for that team and wouldnt blame him leaving. Love the fella. He genuinely loves the club and is a top class keeper.

how do you know?Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:39pm
"Rafael Benitez was an essential person for this club and the reason I came to Liverpool,"

Dont get why liverpool fans think reina loves the club

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:42pm
Yea he hates the place

Quote from the start of the season

"'I realise just how lucky I am to represent this club. I couldn't be happier here. My family is well settled down and my children especially feel like Liverpool is home."

-------------
Out of order

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

how do you know?Confused

just by reading the way he talks about the club you arsehole

-------------

Posted By: Billy O'Toole
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 6:11pm
quality keeper..but he can go if he puts in a request but only for €20m+ imo

shocking statement to come out with so early on in the season

-------------
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 6:14pm

how do you know?Confused

attack the post not the poster Thumbs%20Down

-------------

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 6:16pm
Judging by those comments he is out of there at the end of the season, unless the owners convince him they are going to spend big and challenge for proper trophies. So he's gone.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Posted By: Billy O'Toole
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 6:19pm

how do you know?Confused

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 6:21pm

how do you know?Confused

How do you attack a post? Confused

I stand by my comments.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 6:22pm

how do you know?Confused

How do you attack a post? Confused

I stand by my comments.

Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 12:40pm
it could just be a message to the owners to spend money in January! Sure only recently Reina was saying he wants his kids to grow up with a scouse accent!!

"It's probably the best news of my life that I'll be here for the next six years. Me and my family are really happy here.

To play for Liverpool is very special. I've been here for five years and now I will be here for six more and it's very exciting.

"It's very important that my family love it here as well, as family life is just as important as my career.

"My wife told me from the beginning she was more than happy here.

"My kids enjoy it and they have picked up the Scouse accent already. I am really proud of that.

"In the years ahead they will speak much more Scouse too."

-------------
Ahh heya!

Posted By: grazza
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Judging by those comments he is out of there at the end of the season, unless the owners convince him they are going to spend big and challenge for proper trophies. So he's gone.

Do you believe everything you read??

For the last few years Gerrard & Torres were reported to be leaving and they went nowhere. He's staying

-------------

Posted By: grazza
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 1:13pm

Do you believe everything you read??

For the last few years Gerrard & Torres were reported to be leaving and they went nowhere. He's staying

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:03am
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6501717,00.html

Schmeichel seems to have some inside information that United are gonna make a big bid for him

I still defo think he will follow the waiter to Inter

-------------

Posted By: Gavintheslob
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:31am
£25 million and he can go and then we get that young lad in goal for atletico madrid

-------------
Its very frustrating being a Slob

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:31am
He only really says he thinks he will leave Liverpool there. I would love to see Reina go to United. Schmeichel's right in that they were looking for a goalkeeper for years until Van Dar Sar came along. It is difficult to spot new keepers when they're young and turn them into reliable ones, which is why it is better to go with tried and trusted. Ferguson has probably learnt that ne needs a different policy for buying keepers as they are a different breed to outfield players. City have chosen Hart over Given as they know Hart has the quality and has almost a full career ahead of him.

I don't believe everything i read, Grazza, but you get to know tell tale signs of what players say when they're planning to leave. Ronaldo dropped plenty of them during his last season at United.

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:32am
I think it's a ploy to basically get the owners to spend money. "I won't go back to Spain" basically saying either Inter or another Prem club but really don't think he'll leave.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:34am

He only really says he thinks he will leave Liverpool there. I would love to see Reina go to United. Schmeichel's right in that they were looking for a goalkeeper for years until Van Dar Sar came along. It is difficult to spot new keepers when they're young and turn them into reliable ones, which is why it is better to go with tried and trusted. Ferguson has probably learnt that ne needs a different policy for buying keepers as they are a different breed to outfield players. City have chosen Hart over Given as they know Hart has the quality and has almost a full career ahead of him.

I don't believe everything i read, Grazza, but you get to know tell tale signs of what players say when they're planning to leave. Ronaldo dropped plenty of them during his last season at United.

In fairness he says a lot more than that

"The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this. A lot of goalkeepers are mentioned, but Reina seems to be the one that fits in the team

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:42am

In fairness he says a lot more than that

"The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this. A lot of goalkeepers are mentioned, but Reina seems to be the one that fits in the team
That's his opinion rather than the views of the club.
Anyway, it would be great if the rumour was true. I'm sure they are looking at plenty of keepers at the moment because VDS has hit the 40 mark and might not be around next season. Don't think Kuscack or Amos are the answer either.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 6:05am

In fairness he says a lot more than that "The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this. A lot of goalkeepers are mentioned, but Reina seems to be the one that fits in the team

Anyway, it would be great if the rumour was true. I'm sure they are looking at plenty of keepers at the moment because VDS has hit the 40 mark and might not be around next season. Don't think Kuscack or Amos are the answer either.

As i have said already i dont think he will go to united but he has clearly heard something from inside the club and he would more than likely still have strong connections within the club

The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 6:08am
they can want Reina all they want. But we don't have to sell. If we were to sell him it'd probably be to Inter. but they have a great keeper as it is

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 6:15am

In fairness he says a lot more than that "The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this. A lot of goalkeepers are mentioned, but Reina seems to be the one that fits in the team

As i have said already i dont think he will go to united but he has clearly heard something from inside the club and he would more than likely still have strong connections within the club

The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this
Key word, "Rumour".

Reina wont be aloud join United just like Heinze wasent aloud join the Pool. Off to Inter or if Liverpool "match his ambitions" he will stay there.

-------------
Out of order

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

As i have said already i dont think he will go to united but he has clearly heard something from inside the club and he would more than likely still have strong connections within the club The rumours are very, very strong around Old Trafford with this

Key word, "Rumour".

Reina wont be aloud join United just like Heinze wasent aloud join the Pool. Off to Inter or if Liverpool "match his ambitions" he will stay there.

As i have said i think he will go to inter as he has said all along benitez brought him to liverpool and was a major reason why he went there

Dont get why liverpool fans thinks he loves the club
He is a spaniard and wants to play in the champions league and win trophies like the vast majority of top spanish players

Just find it a bit strange that schmeichel has openly come out and said he has heard strong rumours from within ot about this- dont ever remember schmeichel saying anything like this before

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

£25 million and he can go and then we get that young lad in goal for atletico madrid

Yeah - that sounds like a good move. Reina is an excellent 'keeper, but he's prone to doing absolutely weird things a little too often for my liking.

Really like the look of the lad at Atletico - he might be a bit too young for United to risk it, but if Reina does want to leave in the summer then I think he'd be a smashing signing. Definately has the potential to be a stronger keeper than Reina IMO.

Can anyone really see Reina moving to United though??Shocked

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 7:33am
Do you honestly think Liverpool would sell one of their best players to Man UnitedStern%20Smile

They'd be more likely to stick him in the reserves with a Man City jersey then sell.

Look at Ferguson's action when Heinze was supposed to be on his way to Liverpool

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 10:17am

Reina 'fully committed' to Reds

Goalkeeper Jose Reina insists he is fully committed to his long-term contract at Liverpool and has not told Roy Hodgson he wishes to leave.

Reports had suggested the Spain international, who signed a new six-year contract towards the end of last season, had expressed his desire to quit Anfield.

However, the 28-year-old has said this was untrue.

"I have not told the manager that I wish to leave in January or at any time," he told liverpoolfc.tv.

"It is important our fans know this. I have a long-term contract at the club and am fully committed to the club."

Reina added: "I have seen a newspaper has made this suggestion. It is completely untrue."

Rumours about the goalkeeper's future have been circulating since the summer - when Arsenal were linked with a bid - but intensified this week when he was reported as claiming he would look at his position at the end of the season.

When asked about it on Tuesday Hodgson shrugged it off, saying the player was entitled to assess his position.

"That's fair enough, what's wrong with that," he said. "He is an excellent goalkeeper and I hope he plays for Liverpool for years to come."

Liverpool have had to cope with a huge amount of speculation this season in particular, partly caused by the uncertainty of the ownership.

However, once New England Sports Ventures completed their £300million takeover last month a degree of stability has been brought to the club both on and off the field.

And Reina insists the players will not be distracted by rumours, having met with NESV principal owner John Henry only last week to talk about the way forward.

"Our new owner met me and some of the other players last week and I was very happy with what he told me," he added.

"The entire squad and staff are working very hard to get us back competing at the top of the table.

"We will not be distracted by inaccurate media speculation."

-------------
Out of order

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 11:32am
Clap i reckon he'll be staying for at least another 2 seasons!!

and if he really wants to leave, Liverpool can choose who to sell him to! utd? don't think so!

-------------
Ahh heya!

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 8:42pm
Will be a Liverpool player next season going by his interview with LFC magazine Clap

-------------
Out of order

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 11:59pm
Any quotes Carmody? Maybe Kenny has persuaded him to stay. He would be a massive loss.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net