Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 157>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:32pm
Potter is a bluffer. Hasn't improved Brighton in the slightest. They may average more passes per game but they do absolutely nothing with it. They  are worse in defence and blunter in attack now than they were under Hughton.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Potter is a bluffer. Hasn't improved Brighton in the slightest. They may average more passes per game but they do absolutely nothing with it. They  are worse in defence and blunter in attack now than they were under Hughton.

agree 
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 10:19pm

More points per game though, they are already on the same number of points as they accumulated in all last season with games still to play. So one might reasonably argue that is an improvement when evaluating a manager because its those same points they are employed to win. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 10:24pm
Needs a move 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

More points per game though, they are already on the same number of points as they accumulated in all last season with games still to play. So one might reasonably argue that is an improvement when evaluating a manager because its those same points they are employed to win. 

0.95 points per game last season vs 1.03 points per game so far this season. I'd call that well within the "margin of error", and certainly not any sort of substantive improvement.
We're decent enough..
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 11:17pm
Shane signed a new five year deal a couple of years ago which does not expire until 30/6/23. It reflected the confidence Chris Hughton had in him and the partnership with Dunk was widely seen as Brighton's principal strength. He deserves first team football and if he's not going to get it with Potter he should seek a move. He would improve some Premiership defences-including Brighton's at the moment, it has to be said.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 2:47am

I hope your not saying that about us in a years time...with the names changed of course.
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 9:39pm
Joel Veltman after signing for Brighton, surely Shane Duffy will be moving on
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:01pm
Would a promoted team take him or would he drop down to the championship? 

Might suit a team like Burnley.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:10pm
Veltman's more of a RB I thought. It's Ben White Duffy should be most worried about.
We're decent enough..
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Dyche would love a player like Duffy were Tarkowski to move on.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Dyche would love a player like Duffy were Tarkowski to move on.

I’m sure a premier league club would take him. The transfer fee wouldn’t be crazy and he has an odd goal in him.

The main thing for Ireland is to get him back playing either premier league or championship. 

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:35pm
if Chris Hughton gets the Bristol City job he might end up playing there. Would be a backward step as I still think he is plenty good enough to play in Premier League . Maybe West Ham with David Moyes
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 12:00am
It would be absolutely criminal if Duffy was playing Championship football next year. More than good enough for most PL sides and decent ones like West Ham Crystal Palace or Everton should be all over him.
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 12:01am

Veltman's more of a RB I thought. It's Ben White Duffy should be most worried about.

Yup. White has huge potential, and I just can’t see Leeds getting the opportunity to buy him. Veltman spends a lot of his time at RB, which is exactly what Brighton need. Somewhere like Leeds United would be excellent for Duffy. 

Edited by Olaf - 30 Jul 2020 at 12:02am
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 3:05am
Duffy is the type of centre back they def don't need. He would get less game time at Leeds than Brighton. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 3:14am
Graham Potter doesn't give a toss how good you are in the aerial battle or how far you can hoof a ball, it's what you're passing is like from the back what counts most.

Veltman is an exquisite signing for that mindset, unfortunately for Duffy he's played under 2 dinosaurs and an okay'ish manager in Hughton which is entirely against Potter's philosophy simple as. 

I dare say Potter rates Duffy very highly, but he puts distribution over any other attribute in his central defenders. It's a managerial thing, people come in and have their own way which players can't do and that's it, sometimes it happens in football.

I think Duffy would benefit from a move at a club like Burnley - Competition, leaders either side of him, not a over-expectant way of playing as a defender, and more importantly, they're very short on numbers as of typing. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 6:09am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Graham Potter doesn't give a toss how good you are in the aerial battle or how far you can hoof a ball, it's what you're passing is like from the back what counts most.

Veltman is an exquisite signing for that mindset, unfortunately for Duffy he's played under 2 dinosaurs and an okay'ish manager in Hughton which is entirely against Potter's philosophy simple as. 

I dare say Potter rates Duffy very highly, but he puts distribution over any other attribute in his central defenders. It's a managerial thing, people come in and have their own way which players can't do and that's it, sometimes it happens in football.

I think Duffy would benefit from a move at a club like Burnley - Competition, leaders either side of him, not a over-expectant way of playing as a defender, and more importantly, they're very short on numbers as of typing. 

That's a good call actually.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 157>
  Share Topic