Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 157>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

I'd take him at United. He's better than Smalling, Jones & Rojo. 

He has the distribution of Smalling, the fighting spirit of Jones and the tackling ability of Rojo - 3 for the price of one for United.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

I'd take him at United. He's better than Smalling, Jones & Rojo. 

He has the distribution of Smalling, the fighting spirit of Jones and the tackling ability of Rojo - 3 for the price of one for United.

Sad truth is all those guys would be on 3 times what Duffy is on.

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 9:18am
Image result for shane duffy goal denmark

The height he gets off the ground is something. I remember seeing him under 21s a couple of times and he wasn't up to much. Delighted he has done well at club and country especially when you think he could have died after that freak accident in a friendly game.

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 10 Jun 2019 at 9:20am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 9:38am
And credit to him, that life threathening injury has never sseen him shirk a challenge. Others would have wilted with their game.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:14am
I would marry Shane Duffy Hug
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:36am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

The height he gets off the ground is something. I remember seeing him under 21s a couple of times and he wasn't up to much. Delighted he has done well at club and country especially when you think he could have died after that freak accident in a friendly game.

The two players they had marking him both ended up eating turf. A very satisfying end to the game
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

The two players they had marking him both ended up eating turf. A very satisfying end to the game

yeah he absolutely bullied those two lads out of the road to to get to that ball and get the goal... great to see!! great to have him in our side Clap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 4:18pm
As excellent as Duffy was the other night, he wasn't half helped by the Danish striker being more Lord  Bendtner than Jon Dahl Tomasson. Hopefully he stays in the team for them tonight.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:44am
Last night showed part of the reason why he is a lower EPL defender. Despite having all the time in the world and playing against semi-professionals, he never once carried the ball and help drag Gibraltar out of position. Even Dickie Keogh did a couple of times.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Last night showed part of the reason why he is a lower EPL defender. Despite having all the time in the world and playing against semi-professionals, he never once carried the ball and help drag Gibraltar out of position. Even Dickie Keogh did a couple of times.

I just don't think he was arsed PM, just wants his summer holidays. He carried the ball against the Danes FFS

BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:26pm
Scored a header from a corner in the last few mins of the match today vs Valencia: https://streamja.com/9pqy
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:31pm
What’s the transfer value of duffy?

The benchmark is £80M for big head.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:35pm
I see dunk is been touted as a replacement for maguire. No word about duffy. Why. Cause dunk is english. Prob cost 30 or 40 mill mo doubt. Madness.

Edited by doherty - 02 Aug 2019 at 11:35pm
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 4:31am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I see dunk is been touted as a replacement for maguire. No word about duffy. Why. Cause dunk is english. Prob cost 30 or 40 mill mo doubt. Madness.
And he can pass the ball more than 10 meters without hoofing it in to the stand
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

And he can pass the ball more than 10 meters without hoofing it in to the stand

Since when?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 3:07pm
Rodgers like ball playing CB's. He has shown, on many occasions, that he is not that sort of player.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Rodgers like ball playing CB's. He has shown, on many occasions, that he is not that sort of player.

Nor is Maguire to be fair, depite what the English press would have you believe.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 3:22pm
I actually think he's a lot more comfortable on the ball than people give him credit for. He looks awkward because of his size, and I'm not saying he's as good as Van Djik or anything, but he's far better than Duffy. 

As brilliant a defender as Duffy is, and as much as we like to hype him up, his ability on the ball (and lack of pace) will stop him ever playing for a top 6 club unfortunately.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 157>
  Share Topic