Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 157>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:55pm
I don't discount there value either
But to say there an abundance of international expierance is incorrect IMO
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I don't discount there value either
But to say there an abundance of international expierance is incorrect IMO
Well that's a question of semantics. Perhaps I should have added "under-age". I think that experience of competitive u19 and u21 games is valuable, as is being a part of senior squads without having played.
End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 3:17pm
I accept your apology
Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 3:20pm
No apology. If anything, you should be apologising to me. Smile

He has an abundance of international experience - nothing incorrect about that. Just not at senior level. Smile

Edited by Predator - 28 Jan 2012 at 3:20pm
End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!
BoboDub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:52am
Duffy is a good player and a good lad. The way st ledger's club career is going, it seems Shane will eventually come in for him at international level, but Sean has done enough to date to keep his place for the next campaign at least.

In terms of importance of full international experience for playing in tournaments, just look at 2002. Richie dunne played a blinder in several critical qualifiers, including the key game against the Dutch, but at the end of the day he was nowhere near the starting xi come tournament time - in fact he didn't see a single minute of playing time at the world cup.

Even though dunne has since proved he is one of Ireland's best centre backs of all time, I still think McCarthy made the right choice with staunton and breen. Ok, maybe I'd have give dunne 15 mins against the Saudis.

As others have posted, Duffy wil get his chance at some stage, but barring several injuries he's not getting on the plane to poland and will be lucky to play anything other than friendliest over the next year or two

Edited by BoboDub - 29 Jan 2012 at 10:54am
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 11:18am
It up to him if he keep playing well for everton well into the future trap will give him a chance after the euros.Trap is a big fan of duffys so if he just keeps it going he be grand.No change of making the squad this time around though
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 1:18pm
I think Shane is eligible for our 21's for another 2 seasons, so we will still get to see him in Green. Although I do believe if he maintains his form, then Trap will bring him in for the World Cup qualifiers. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

I think Shane is eligible for our 21's for another 2 seasons, so we will still get to see him in Green. Although I do believe if he maintains his form, then Trap will bring him in for the World Cup qualifiers. 

I would like to see him in the U-21s for another few games because with a player of his quality playing for them will better the chances of the team getting to the u-21s finals.They have a great chance of getting there as it is.He has at least a 12-14 year international career ahead of him, if he keeps playing the way he is so theres no rush on him.
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 12:40pm
Shane  dropped tonight for Hibbert at centreback.

Absolute disgrace, Moyes has become a f**king coward sticking with his favouritees, shane has done nothing wrong but and has been playing very well and as soon as 1 of his old faves comes back he ships him out the team. The lad must be gutted.

Moyes has done the exact same with barkley, constantly playing Cahill whos been shocking all year.

Hope this doesnt knock shanes confidence too much
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

Absolute disgrace, Moyes has become a f**king coward sticking with his favouritees, shane has done nothing wrong but and has been playing very well and as soon as 1 of his old faves comes back he ships him out the team. The lad must be gutted.

Moyes has done the exact same with barkley, constantly playing Cahill whos been shocking all year.

Duffy has done very well in his past few games , i'm sure his confidence is sky high! Moyes know's his players better than we do , given Duffy's lack of experience who would you rather play between himself and Hibbert against Man City? Young players need to be protected aswell , no one does that better than Moyes! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 12:50pm
Im an everton fan GD and have great time for Moyes but when it comes to young players he is a coward. He used not be but in the last few years he has become gutless especially against the top teams. Duffy and heitinga were forming a very good centre back partnership and the lad was playing fantastic. He sh*ts it with young players, as I said look at Barkley being inexplicably dropped altogether for a lumbering Cahill or remember when Coleman first burst on tyhe scene, was afraid to play him despite all everton fans wishes, loaned him out and only played him then when he had no other option.

Gutted for Duffy.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 4:02pm
Probably get battered by 2 or 3 anyway might be as well out off it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 9:59pm

Clean sheet,looks like Moyes knows his squad better then you,shock horror wha
Good decision by Moyesie and fully vilified
Duffy will get his chance again
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 10:26pm
Ill hold my hands up and admit I was wrong on this occasion. Duffy is no evertonss 4th choice centre back and should move up to 3rd choice in the summer behind Heitinga and Jagielka
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 10:42pm

Ill hold my hands up and admit I was wrong on this occasion. Duffy is no evertonss 4th choice centre back and should move up to 3rd choice in the summer behind Heitinga and Jagielka

Moyes was correct dude as was i Wink

Chin up though great win for Everton Clap Duffy's time will come that's pretty obvious.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 10:44pm
Moyes' decision was fully justified. Shane will be back soon.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Moyes was correct dude as was i Wink

Chin up though great win for Everton Clap Duffy's time will come that's pretty obvious.
Self praise is........
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 10:46pm
Great management by moyes - shane is only a young lad and should be gradually brought into pl football...putting him in against dzeko and aguero could have potentially knocked him back a bit tonight. Wouldnt be surprised if he starts next game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 157>
  Share Topic