You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 157>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 12:38am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Had a very good game. Brilliant goal line clearance at the end of the first half to keep it level. I was fairly critical of him in years gone by, but anyone who can't see that he's become a good Premier League defender is kidding themselves.

Really?! LOL

Was that when he played underage for Northern Ireland? 

Point of Information:

Shane "Doughnut" Duffy didn't just play underage for NI, he also played in one of our rare "B" internationals, which counts as adult football (vs Scotland "B" in 2009)

Moreover, he was also on the bench for a senior ("A") international away to Italy the same year and was visibly hopping mad on the touchline, and reportedly sulking like a big child in the dressing room, when he didn't get on to make his senior NI debut.

The irony being that Worthington fully intended to bring him on, until someone reminded him that he had already used his six permitted substitutes and to bring on the seventh would void the friendly, and with it NI's appearance fee:

Edited by Territorial - 24 Apr 2019 at 12:39am
Sponsored Links

Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 12:42am
That's brilliant! Never heard that before. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 12:48am
The epitome of gormless 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:23am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The epitome of gormless 

He's the type of fella who would get scammed and drugged by hookers in a brothel and take off with his wallet and credit cards.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:27am

The epitome of gormless 
I'd say when he goes home for a visit they still time him going to the shop.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 6:53am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The epitome of gormless 

LOL
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 7:12am

Had a very good game. Brilliant goal line clearance at the end of the first half to keep it level. I was fairly critical of him in years gone by, but anyone who can't see that he's become a good Premier League defender is kidding themselves.

Really?! LOL

Shows how short your memory is. As recently as Euro 2016 I was dead against him being a starter for us.
We're decent enough..
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Really?! LOL

Point of Information:

Shane "Doughnut" Duffy didn't just play underage for NI, he also played in one of our rare "B" internationals, which counts as adult football (vs Scotland "B" in 2009)

Moreover, he was also on the bench for a senior ("A") international away to Italy the same year and was visibly hopping mad on the touchline, and reportedly sulking like a big child in the dressing room, when he didn't get on to make his senior NI debut.

The irony being that Worthington fully intended to bring him on, until someone reminded him that he had already used his six permitted substitutes and to bring on the seventh would void the friendly, and with it NI's appearance fee:

Point of information for who? That's just about the most shoehorned "point" I've ever seen inserted into a thread around here. You really do wait on tender hooks for any reason whatsoever to post about precious NI on this forum, don't you? LOL
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 7:44am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The epitome of gormless 

LOL

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The epitome of gormless 

He's the type of fella who would get scammed and drugged by hookers in a brothel and take off with his wallet and credit cards.

I'd say thats probably 99% of our travelling support.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 11:45am

Really?! LOL

Point of Information:

Point of information for who? That's just about the most shoehorned "point" I've ever seen inserted into a thread around here. You really do wait on tender hooks for any reason whatsoever to post about precious NI on this forum, don't you? LOL
Information for eg those half dozen other posters who were sufficiently interested to follow it up with a post of their own?

As for how I happened upon it, I had just watched Duffy play earlier that evening against my team (Spurs) and when his thread appeared at the top of the section, I had assumed it was to do with that.

Oh and btw, here are another couple of points of information, especially for you:  1. Your post should have read "for whom", and 2. It's "tenterhooks" you mean, not tender hooks.

P.S. No need to thank me, it's all part of the service. LOL

Edited by Territorial - 24 Apr 2019 at 11:46am
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 12:30pm

Really?! LOL

Point of Information:

Information for eg those half dozen other posters who were sufficiently interested to follow it up with a post of their own?

As for how I happened upon it, I had just watched Duffy play earlier that evening against my team (Spurs) and when his thread appeared at the top of the section, I had assumed it was to do with that.

Oh and btw, here are another couple of points of information, especially for you:  1. Your post should have read "for whom", and 2. It's "tenterhooks" you mean, not tender hooks.

P.S. No need to thank me, it's all part of the service. LOL
LOL, Just a quick question, have you, Hans, and Molex ever been in the 1 room at the same time Wink?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Just a quick question, have you, Hans, and Molex ever been in the 1 room at the same time Wink?
Yes. The bedroom. Having sex.

But you're not invited, so you'll just have to go f**k yourself.

Again. LOL

P.S. For the avoidance of doubt, one part of that reply was made up, but the other remains valid. I'll leave it to others - and Doc - to figure out which is which. Wink

Edited by Territorial - 24 Apr 2019 at 1:22pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:49pm

Just a quick question, have you, Hans, and Molex ever been in the 1 room at the same time Wink?

Again. LOL

P.S. For the avoidance of doubt, one part of that reply was made up, but the other remains valid. I'll leave it to others - and Doc - to figure out which is which. Wink

I'm going for you all being the same person and you were indeed having a wank in the bedroom
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Again. LOL

I'm going for you all being the same person and you were indeed having a wank in the bedroom
OK, you caught us/me out.

But Dublin Doc can still go f u c k himself, right?
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 4:12pm
imagine devoting so much time and effort to threads like this...just so odd in my opinion
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 4:50pm
Did he really fail his driver theory test 13 times?LOL
Also how the fook does McClean get to training every day if he doesn't have a licence??

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 4:51pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Again. LOL

OK, you caught us/me out.

But Dublin Doc can still go f u c k himself, right?
Cry why all the hate for the good doc Terrance, be careful of the oul incest, I think my good friend Baggio has nailed it Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 157>
  Share Topic