Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 157>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

Playing against Salah , Aguero , Mane , Sterling and Hazard he'll always been improving and challenging himself . He'd be playing in the championship total different quality opposition then go to the euros and play against France or England .. massive step up 
Of course, but any move can go wrong and he could be playing nobody. When Blackburn sold him their fans were amazed anybody wanted. Transfers are a gamble. Anyway, I don't think it can make him that much  better or worse at this stage.
One thing I would be fairly certain of about is that he won't have to worry about the Euros.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:52pm
Would agree, it's highly unlikely we'll have to worry about the Euros. Also, he clearly has very little football intelligence. He reminds me of those CBs who are like dogs chasing a ball. Nothing is thought through. Everything is 'win the ball', 'win the ball', 'win the ball'. That makes for a terrible CB a lot of the time.

Would disagree also about how the Irish defence would look without him. He really isn't that far ahead of Clarke or Keogh imo. If he even is ahead of them.

I think the height thing gives people a perception of him that doesn't match reality whatsoever.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:58pm
He’s nowhere near as bad as Hans is saying
He’d probably get in most EPL starting XIs outside the top 6

A discussion on 5 live recently when they were naming their best premier league XI outside the top 6 using only one player from each team had him in it 

Hans is making out like he’s irish league standard who can just head the ball 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 17 Apr 2019 at 10:58pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He’s nowhere near as bad as Hans is saying
He’d probably get in most EPL starting XIs outside the top 6

A discussion on 5 live recently when they were naming their best premier league XI outside the top 6 using only one player from each team had him in it 

Hans is making out like he’s irish league standard who can just head the ball 

The day that Everton bring him back, or Wolves buy him, I'll p*ss myself laughing because it would be a matter of games before their fans realised he is completely out of his depth. Imagine himself and Michael Keane together at Everton, I'd pay to see that LOL

He simply isn't that good. Nothing more to it. I'd expect possibly Burnley to look at him if Brighton go down. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Would agree, it's highly unlikely we'll have to worry about the Euros. Also, he clearly has very little football intelligence. He reminds me of those CBs who are like dogs chasing a ball. Nothing is thought through. Everything is 'win the ball', 'win the ball', 'win the ball'. That makes for a terrible CB a lot of the time.

Would disagree also about how the Irish defence would look without him. He really isn't that far ahead of Clarke or Keogh imo. If he even is ahead of them.

I think the height thing gives people a perception of him that doesn't match reality whatsoever.

He's well ahead  of them 2. Ask Chris Hughton if he'd swap any of them 2 for him .. There's a reason he plays every week in the premier league and they don't. 
The reality is he plays for a premier league team regularly , He's the first name on the Ireland team sheet as centre back and he has been player of the year for Ireland 2 years in a row for Ireland. That's not because of his height 
I think some judge him in his performances under Trap and O'Neill when we were sitting deep , backs to the wall football and not for Brighton when he's been defending on the ground and passing the ball from the back. 

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:07pm

Surely it's highly unlikely that we WON'T have to worry about the Euros, after our start we're essentially guaranteed a playoff at the least? This is a hard Euros not to qualify for, and given how well we played against Georgia, if we can continue that it's not at all hard to see us being there.
We're decent enough..
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Surely it's highly unlikely that we WON'T have to worry about the Euros, after our start we're essentially guaranteed a playoff at the least? This is a hard Euros not to qualify for, and given how well we played against Georgia, if we can continue that it's not at all hard to see us being there.

Huh?

We have no chance of top 2 in our group imo.

We are going to be in a playoff SF most likely and then it will be dependent on the level of opposition obviously. We get hugely lucky and face N Ireland and 2 similar standard sides, we have a chance. I wouldn't be backing us with your money though.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 17 Apr 2019 at 11:14pm
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:14pm

What do you mean we're going to win the euros . Beat England 6 - 5 in the final . Curry Rice with the winner OG 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:31pm

Huh?

We are going to be in a playoff SF most likely and then it will be dependent on the level of opposition obviously. We get hugely lucky and face N Ireland and 2 similar standard sides, we have a chance. I wouldn't be backing us with your money though.

We're top of the group, of course we have a chance of finishing in the top 2, it's nothing short of idiotic to suggest we don't. More than that, it's almost inconceivable that we would finish outside the top 3, so clearly we have a fairly reasonable chance of making the Euros.
We're decent enough..
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:35pm

Huh?

We're top of the group, of course we have a chance of finishing in the top 2, it's nothing short of idiotic to suggest we don't. More than that, it's almost inconceivable that we would finish outside the top 3, so clearly we have a fairly reasonable chance of making the Euros.

I don't think you understand the qualification system. 3rd is a total irrelevance. After beating Georgia I expect us to finish 3rd now.

The table is totally false. It will be ludicrously false in the summer when we've beaten Gibraltar again. We have done the sum total of zero in those group so far. The only way of finishing top 2 is to get a good few points off the Swiss and Danes in those 4 fixtures, which just won't happen imo.
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:44pm

Huh?

I don't think you understand the qualification system. 3rd is a total irrelevance. After beating Georgia I expect us to finish 3rd now.

The table is totally false. It will be ludicrously false in the summer when we've beaten Gibraltar again. We have done the sum total of zero in those group so far. The only way of finishing top 2 is to get a good few points off the Swiss and Danes in those 4 fixtures, which just won't happen imo.

Get a result in Denmark and i believe we'll do it ..
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:58pm
A result away to Denmark would be huge, no doubt about that. If we lose in Denmark though, we will need some great results in succession in 6 months time.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 7:18am

Huh?

We've "done" a sum total of 6 points out of 6 ffs LOL
We're decent enough..
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:53am
If he was 5'10 he wouldnt be a footballer.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:16am
Hans you are one miserable ****! Sick of listening to you bring doom and gloom to practically every single thread.

Your level of negativity on here is tedious and at times insufferable.

Shane Duffy could easily be playing for a top 8 Premier League side, he is a proven leader and solid top flight player. Brighton have hit a sticky patch and suddenly he's a Championship level player. A bit of intelligent perspective please Wacko

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 18 Apr 2019 at 9:18am
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:18am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

And if Lionel Messi was 6"5 he wouldn't be the best player in the world

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:40am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

If he was 5'10 it would have completely altered his development as a player/playing style. He'd probably be quicker, better balanced etc. Theres no way of knowing if he'd have made it or not.
We're decent enough..
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:12pm
Duffy is getting some unfair criticism, he is a good lower-end premier league defender and I think there would be plenty of teams looking to sign him if Brighton go down. You'd imagine most promoted teams would love to sign him as would some of the other relegation battlers. He is poor enough on the ball but he is brilliant in the air, strong, brave, good tackler. An old school centre half, he is prone to the odd error but he is by a distance our best centre back and one of the first names on our team sheet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 157>
  Share Topic