You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 157>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 10:16pm
Shane was quality last night reminded of a vintage Dunner performance.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:28pm
Duffy is what he is, a giant of a man who attacks every ball, whether he should or not, with 100% commitment and wins more than his fair share of them because of it.  Just an old school centre half really, and there is nothing wrong with that in the slightest. Excellent performance last night, and he never stopped shouting at his back 4 or Meyler in front of them, so good to see he appears to have those leadership qualities as well. 

He only has 2 passes in his locker, one is sideways to Clark, the other one is a hoof forward as far away from him as possible, but that can be worked on to a degree (hopefully, though I'm not too optimistic LOL) Played like a man possessed last night & deserved MOTM. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:08am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Duffy is what he is, a giant of a man who attacks every ball, whether he should or not, with 100% commitment and wins more than his fair share of them because of it.  Just an old school centre half really, and there is nothing wrong with that in the slightest. Excellent performance last night, and he never stopped shouting at his back 4 or Meyler in front of them, so good to see he appears to have those leadership qualities as well. 

He only has 2 passes in his locker, one is sideways to Clark, the other one is a hoof forward as far away from him as possible, but that can be worked on to a degree (hopefully, though I'm not too optimistic LOL) Played like a man possessed last night & deserved MOTM. 

LOL

I wouldn't mind but he absolutely rifles it at his teammate when he does. Way too much power on the pass. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:04am
What a performance - I LOL'd at this Deise316 

He only has 2 passes in his locker, one is sideways to Clark, the other one is a hoof forward as far away from him as possible
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:51pm
Was fantastic against Wales. Him and McClean must be first two names on the teamsheet everytime theyre available.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 3:00pm
Gone off injured now for Brighton.Hopefully nothing too serious.
pepper67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 4:06pm
some people on here might have their wish for Duffy not to play...for me however he has been superb for us and will be a  big miss...
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 4:07pm
f**k f**k f**k f**k f**k
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 4:09pm
Considering he's become one of our main "goal threats", he'd be a big loss alright.
We're decent enough..
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 4:09pm
Just under 4 weeks too the playoffs so hopefully he might be ok

We're f**ked without him
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 4:19pm
didnt look too bad, thought he was f**ked, the managed to get up, was gona play on and then walked off
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Considering he's become one of our main "goal threats", he'd be a big loss alright.

Ah come on, that's not the reason. It's his position in defence and how good he has been. FFS. 

It's the fact that Keogh or a 36-year-old JOS may play instead. Though hopefully Kevin Long is next in line.

It's not the goal threat aspect that's important.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

We're f**ked without him

Ah here, steady on. May not have a large queue behind him but let’s not get carried away.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 4:39pm
John O'Shea can slip back in no problem
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Ah come on, that's not the reason. It's his position in defence and how good he has been. FFS. 

It's the fact that Keogh or a 36-year-old JOS may play instead. Though hopefully Kevin Long is next in line.

It's not the goal threat aspect that's important.

Defensively I don't think he's any better than the other options behind him, he's brilliant in the air certainly but people quickly forget how calamitous he has been for us at times prior to the last few games. I think you could put O'Shea in and lose nothing from a solidity POV, the biggest loss would be his threat from set pieces which O'Neill now seems to have become very reliant on.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

We're f**ked without him

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:11pm
Clark not on for Newcastle today for some reason
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Clark not on for Newcastle today for some reason

Benitez wasn't even sure who his starting 11 was before the game "I didn't realise I had made two changes"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 157>
  Share Topic