You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 157>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 2:38pm
O'Shea has played 1 game this season.

Keogh and Clark have played nearly every game this season - Even more due to the fact the Championship have more games.

Clark has been Newcastle's best CB by miles, it has to be Clark and someone else. O'Shea isn't the answer the fact he's 35 and played 1 game this season, if Derby can start climbing up the league I'd be more than happy with Clark/Keogh
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 3:00pm
Clark performed pretty well over the two matches, he was very positive on the ball last night in particular and deserves to keep his place.
Duffy is a strange one, I've been very critical of his technical ability in the past but his composure and use of the ball were a fair bit improved in both matches, it was his basic defensive skills which unfortunately abandoned him.
We're decent enough..
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 3:00pm
Always thought Keogh never let us down and then between O'Shea and Clark. Although if Clark is playing and O'Shea isn't then that should be settled. 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 4:10pm
Taking a 10 year old off for making a mistake..no wonder Irish football is in sh*te
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

If one of my u10s defended like Duffy did last night for the Moldova goal he would get a massive kick up the hole. To say it was schoolboy stuff is an insult to schoolboy players. Standing ten yards inside the opponents half when he was last man !!!!!
I'd have taken him off straight away.

I think Glenn Whelan got off very lightly for this one. Watch it back and you'll see that he pulls out of jumping for a header and doesn't challenge for the ball when it bounces in front of him which allows the Moldovan defender to lump it forward to the striker to finish.

I would think that Duffy stepped forward on the assumption that Whelan was going to challenge for the ball. If he had challenged, no way would the defender have been able to play a pass like he did. Duffy was not blameless but Whelan was more at fault in my book.

This.

While yes Duffy was a little high up the pitch, the cowardlyness of Glenn Whelan in the build up cannot be ignored. He's there to protect the defence and in that moment he hung them out to dry.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 7:46pm
Bang on
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 8:16pm
Funnily enough, Clark doesn't seem to have gotten much blame for this one.  The goal was on his side of the CB pairing and he had moved up. 

Duffy is strongest at set-pieces and would be even better if he didn't give away silly fouls when we have teams on the rack (hands in the back).

I don't think there is a huge amount of difference between our centre halves, but Keogh has never let us down (was one of the better players in Belgrade) and has a surprising amount of pace, like when he outran Dzeko in the play-offs.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 2:11am
Clark is the form player and JOS has had one game for sunderland this season. I'm very much against dropping clark to be honest. If we're talking about blame for the goal, you can say what you want about clark but duffy taking two steps up crucified us. Unforgivable error. And i really do like Duffy. Clark and Keogh for me in CB for the next game. Duffy will come again IMO but take him out of the firing line
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:11am
I'm not sure where you're all getting the idea that O'Shea has only played once this year, he's appeared in 3 Premier League games (2 starts) and 1 EFL Cup game so far. That's 4 appearances for the mathematically challenged among us.
We're decent enough..
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 8:47am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I'm not sure where you're all getting the idea that O'Shea has only played once this year, he's appeared in 3 Premier League games (2 starts) and 1 EFL Cup game so far. That's 4 appearances for the mathematically challenged among us.
Yeah but he's only been on Match of the Day once !!!!

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 4:47am

He played 2 games in defensive mid, the games against Man City and Middlesbrough which is absolutely irrelevant to the topic of which CB's are best to pair. Stop trying to be a smart arse.

He's played 1 game this season as a Centre Back which was the topic being discussed

Edited by coyne - 14 Oct 2016 at 4:49am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 9:39am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He played 2 games in defensive mid, the games against Man City and Middlesbrough which is absolutely irrelevant to the topic of which CB's are best to pair. Stop trying to be a smart arse.

He's played 1 game this season as a Centre Back which was the topic being discussed

You know full well that's not what was meant when it was said he'd "only played 1 game this season", don't try to twist it to hide the fact it was incorrect. He's played 4 games, what position he played is irrelevant to that fact.
We're decent enough..
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:26am

Keogh and Clark have played nearly every game this season - Even more due to the fact the Championship have more games.

Clark has been Newcastle's best CB by miles, it has to be Clark and someone else. O'Shea isn't the answer the fact he's 35 and played 1 game this season, if Derby can start climbing up the league I'd be more than happy with Clark/Keogh
Totally agree, I would have Egan in the squad before O'Shea. O'Shea was a great servant but time waits for no man.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Totally agree, I would have Egan in the squad before O'Shea. O'Shea was a great servant but time waits for no man.

You realize we have McShane, Pearce etc all making squads regularly. 

O'Shea is a still a better player than Duffy, I'd have Clark and O'Shea partnering eachother vs Austria. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 10:37pm
MotM vs Leeds, Who scored Rating of 8.38.

- 12 duels won
- 10 clearances
- 10 headers
- 3 interceptions
- 100% tackle success

Don't ban me for no reason, please.
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 8:49pm
Scored his first Brighton goal tonight, against Blackburn of all teams.  

Duffy + Clark have been 2 of the best CBs in the Championship this season, thrilled for them hope they can keep it going

Edited by LHurlz - 13 Dec 2016 at 8:49pm
BlackKat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Scored his first Brighton goal tonight, against Blackburn of all teams.  

Duffy + Clark have been 2 of the best CBs in the Championship this season, thrilled for them hope they can keep it going

Egan also doing ok. Clean sheet for him tonight again
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 10:11pm
Duffy's a goal-scoring machine. No player has scored more against Blackburn all season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 157>
  Share Topic