You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 157>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 5:39pm
Can see Duffy warming the bench for Brighton next season then walking on a free. Would Brighton get much for selling him, and they'd have to bring in a replacement to act as back up if he leaves.

Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 9:26am
Sounds like Shane is off to Fulham on loan 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 9:32am
SSN reporting it on the ticker anyway. Good move for him, but maybe not one I would have expected.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:11am
Fantastic move for him if it goes through 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:45am
Great move for him and for us as he wasnt going to play for Brighton. That's most of our senior squad pretty well sorted now bar Knight who really needs to step up from L1, Christie who is still a free agent and maybe Robinson.
Idah Dream!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:46am
More Irish players being signed by non-British/Irish PL managers in this transfer window than in the previous thirty years combined.

What's going on?!

Whatever about Collins and Bazunu, I never would've seen Marco Silva signing Duffy.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:54am
May well be a decent fantasy football asset now with Harry Wilson's delivery. He aint the most cultured, but he's a decent back to the wall defender and he is still one of the biggest aerial threats in the Premier League.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

More Irish players being signed by non-British/Irish PL managers in this transfer window than in the previous thirty years combined.

What's going on?!

Whatever about Collins and Bazunu, I never would've seen Marco Silva signing Duffy.

I think there's just a limited availability of experienced centre backs at this level within Fulham's budget. If Duffy was Silva's first choice he'd have been in for him weeks ago I'm sure, but they've probably worked through a few other options on their list without success and have ended up at Duffy. On recent form he'll be a solid signing and will do a job, hopefully he will help to keep them up - 17th would be a successful finishing position for Fulham.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:11am
I think its a good move. Fulham need a traditioal rock solid defender they didn't have to defend much last season as they were so dominant and I don't any of their backing is proven PL quality 

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:23am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

What's going on?!

I think there's just a limited availability of experienced centre backs at this level within Fulham's budget. If Duffy was Silva's first choice he'd have been in for him weeks ago I'm sure, but they've probably worked through a few other options on their list without success and have ended up at Duffy. On recent form he'll be a solid signing and will do a job, hopefully he will help to keep them up - 17th would be a successful finishing position for Fulham.

Duffy moving this late might have more to do with him being third or possibly fourth choice CB depending on whether Veltman plays RB or CB. Colwell coming in has pushed him down the pecking order further.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:25am
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

I think its a good move. Fulham need a traditioal rock solid defender they didn't have to defend much last season as they were so dominant and I don't any of their backing is proven PL quality 

When you look at what he'll be up against for a starting place, it's Tosun Adarabayo who's a decent centre back but not outstanding and the American lad is a 35 year old journeyman. He could expect to play quite a bit if that's the competition, though they might want to sign another centre back before the deadline - but again a good experienced one that would be willing to join Fulham will be hard to find.

They maybe should have gone for Lenihan on a free earlier in the summer, but lack of EPL experience will have counted against him. There's also Egan of course, who has the experience. But he would command a sizeable fee and is unlikely to have a sell on value as he turns 30 in a couple of months.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:54am
Loan deal confirmed now. Hopefully it goes well for him and he gets plenty of first team game time.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:58am
duffy is a proven premier league defender and will make a great addition to this fulham team. think his contract expires this year and can see fulham snapping him up after that.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Loan deal confirmed now. Hopefully it goes well for him and he gets plenty of first team game time.

I concur and hope he gets plenty of game time.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 12:00pm
Yes, he's in the last year of his contract so that's him effectively finished at Brighton.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 12:06pm
Duffy would have been considered an excellent defender in the 90s. 

Modern managers see defenders being a good defender almost as a bonus these days and want poncy ball players.

Ave it!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 12:10pm
Good move for both parties...Fulham will be doing plenty of defending & whatever about his ability with the ball at his feet Duffy is a good defender. 

Do Fulham generally play with 2 or 3 CB's?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 12:27pm
Usually two. They only had two until this morning!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 157>
  Share Topic