You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 157>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

On the bench again.

I wonder if it's because Potter is playing a back 4 now rather than a back 5... Webster and Dunk the preferred options.

Other bad news that Connolly just not a consideration even for the bench, unless he's still injured? 

Away from Brighton Collins starts and smallbone on the bench which is positive 

Veltman has replaced him as a centre back in the back 3 in the last game.

They could move Moder to RWB. Will be one to look at in terms of shape because it looks bad for Shane at the moment. Whether they are playing 5 ATB like last game or if they are going with 4 here, he has been dropped.

I honestly felt like Potter was just looking for an excuse to bench him and he got one vs Villa.

I do wonder if some of you think about what you write? If he was looking for an excuse to get rid of him he'd have sold him in the summer and not put him in the teamLOL

The same sh*te is written about Potter's 'treatment' of Connolly. Whom, he's given loads of games and he's still at the club, while not actually scoring very often. 

Sold him to who ffs? He was off the back of one of the worst seasons a centre back could have. He had numerous games where he was the worst player on the pitch. He became synonymous with the Celtic 10 in a row failure. His only suitors were going to be championship clubs on loan. Brighton had just sold a centre back and if they werent getting a replacement it didnt make sense to let Shane go on loan.

What has happened since then is a testament to Duffys character. But let's not pretend Potter rates him highly. If he rated him highly he wouldnt have been on loan last season. Duffy worked his way into the team and from the first game made himself undroppable. Then, Brighton went on a poor run of form, Duffy made one mistake and he dropped him. Other players have made far more errors and retained places and the managers faith. 

I didnt bring up Connolly because Connolly is a completely different case who I wouldnt be as critical of Potter with. Connolly has had plenty of chances at club and international level since that Tottenham game and hasnt taken them. There are rumours of attitude issues - when left out of the squad on opening weekend.

So no, theres no green tint, read back over the pages when Duffy was at Celtic and see how critical I was of him and his situation. The only "sh*te" that was written was by you.
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Come off it lads. Green-tint point scoring here again. Duffy had a contract and nobody wanted him. It wouldn't have been easy to get rid during the summer. It's testament to him that he's got himself back to the level he has with club and country. But he definitely is behind Dunk and Webster and in the firing line for a dropping which Potter is happy to do, while at the same time talking about him being a legend in the media. Potter had no interest in him last season. Duffy has forced his way back into his plans by sheer grit. He is expendable to Potter. 

Connolly is a completely separate conversation but you're using him to try and support your point here and there's no relevance. 
Potter picks what he considers his best line-up. End of. No bias against Duffy or Connolly.  

Your sentence is so contradictory. He uses his judgement to select "his best line-up" and in the last two games he has judged Duffy not to be in his best line-up. His judgement is inherently subjective. End of. 

I did NOT say that he was biased against Duffy (and I didn't even want to bring Connolly into it). I just don't think he rates Duffy as highly as his other options and is more willing to drop him i.e. he is expendable. 
It's his job to pick what he considers his best line-up. Why would he do otherwise? But, of course, you're entitled to your input on the Brighton and Hove Albion team selection. We all display varying levels of green tint - but in your case it's the full 40 shades marauding in a leprechaun body suit. Move on. 

He chose not to start Duffy who was introduced and was named player of the match by the BBC:  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59397419 So he got that decision wrong. Not sure what level of green tint the BBC are displaying on this selection. Jog on. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 7:06pm
Not often I'd be agreeing with Mr Brick but this narrative that Potter has it in for Connolly and now Duffy has come up numerous times by various posters. 

Potter wanted ball playing centre backs and Duffy didn't suit so he moved him on, big deal that's what he gets paid to do. Then Duffy came back and did a fine job and was brought back into the first team. Your post would suggest that Potter is very disappointed in that situation. How ffing dumb is that? 

The manager rates other players, but despite his best attempts to keep him out of the first team the pesky big Irishman keeps on foiling his dastardly plans. It's not a comic strip. 

Potter is the manager. He picks the team. If Duffy isn't in the team that's his decision, which he thinks is to the benefit of the team. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 2:12pm
Captains Brighton today vs Southampton.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Clearly doesn't rate him.....
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I heard Potter threw the Captains armband at Duffy and said "Ugh, I guess you have to be Captain today, gawwd!" and then stormed out of the room in a huff.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 3:03pm
Dunk and Webster, firmly choices 1 and 2 for Potter, are both missing. Dan Burn plays though. Wonder if a fit Dan Burn is Potter's number 3. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 04 Dec 2021 at 3:04pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 3:21pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I heard Potter threw the Captains armband at Duffy and said "Ugh, I guess you have to be Captain today, gawwd!" and then stormed out of the room in a huff.

LOL
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 3:31pm
Not watching but sounds like duffy at fault for the goal going by the sky minute by minute, defense all over the place too
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 3:31pm
Sounds like Duffy was at fault.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 3:35pm
Duffy slide in to block Broja's shot and Broja took a touch back inside and slotted home.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 3:42pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 3:42pm
I wouldn't say he was at fault. Broja faked the shot, turned and slotted home with a great finish. If anything, the keeper was at fault with a poor pass out. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 3:44pm
Booked now.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 3:45pm
Wouldn't say badly at fault but certainly been done 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 5:46pm
Dunk and Webster both out injured so Shane unlikely to be dropped.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 4:58pm
Won't be playing tonight. Suspended.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 10:18am
30 today. Brady, Doherty and Hendrick all also turn 30 this month.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 157>
  Share Topic