Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 157>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Great to see him play well. Just goes to show what a mess Celtic are these days that they managed to turn him into the unfit disaster zone he was last season. He actually started well there as well so the damage really was done in Glasgow - maybe not surprising when you hear stories that some Celtic players were hiring personal trainers to try to stay in shape while Lennon was there because the club training was meant to be so poor. 

Hopefully this is a longer term return to form rather than a one off as he's exactly the kind of player we will need with two games against Portugal coming up.

In terms of his situation at Brighton there would still be a concern that he doesn't suit Potter's style of play, but as long as he's playing well someone at a decent level will definitely want to bring him in.

I'd say it was more to do with his Dad and godmother dying than anything else. It's clear he was in a bad place and luckily he's on the other side of it now.

Delighted to see his start yesterday.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:30pm
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 9:47am
Very good interview from Duffy. Seems to revel in the idea of helpng other players around him. That came through very strongly in an interview after the last Ireland game too. He was high in his praise for Stephen Kenny and Duffy said he was really enjoying being part of the Irish squad and helping the other lads around him. He's the kind of defender we will need in Portugal and if he's in the mood, he'll be a big help in keeping the Portuguese at bay. Bring it on Shane, glad to have you back!!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 5:40pm
Couldn't have put that any more in the top corner. Great header.

Edited by You Tell Me - 21 Aug 2021 at 5:41pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 5:42pm
Great header from the big man! Far play to him after a very tough year last year!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 5:44pm
Duffy seems to be turning his form around very well, shows some character to go through a slump like that and pick himself up.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 5:49pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 5:50pm
The frog commentary Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 7:28pm
I do hope that Aaron Connolly looks and learns from Shane Duffy at Brighton. Duffy again very good today. 
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 7:29pm
Outstanding today,apart from the goal he played some great balls into midfield and defended well.Delighted for him.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 7:46pm
Well done to him. He has gone from a position where there were justifiable concerns over his Ireland squad place to a nailed on starter for the coming games. Great to see.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 7:51pm
Played really well today . I’ve never seen him pass the ball so well in any game . Don’t think he wasted one ball . Fantastic headed goal too

Edited by Liam Green - 21 Aug 2021 at 7:53pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 8:12pm
He looked so comfortable. But I suppose, it isn't that hard to achieve when you've got a great base level of footballing ability. And he looks fit as well. He must have gone very heavy on the training both in terms of skill and fitness. Delighted. 
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 8:41pm
Duffy looks to have slimmed down to pure muscle during preseason. Fair play to him. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 8:52pm
Looking like the Player of the Year he was for Brighton not so long ago. He and Dunk were class for Brighton when they were struggling, a great central defensive partnership. They have more quality around them now so good luck to the team, if they can keep Lallana fit in particular they will be well up the table from last year.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Played really well today . I’ve never seen him pass the ball so well in any game . Don’t think he wasted one ball . Fantastic headed goal too
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 9:07pm
An inform Duffy, is our best chance of a goal in Faro. Hopefully he stays fit over the next week
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 10:10pm
Outstanding again today.

I said enough how terrible he was at times last season so only fair to recognise when he is playing excellently.

Really impressed that he has managed to turn himself around. Hope it continues.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 157>
  Share Topic