You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 157>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 10:41pm
Shane Dial M for Mick 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sponsored Links

Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Already being linked with Derby.
He has to get out of Brighton this summer and not a loan move , i think championship would suit him now will Derby be there is another question 

The team that I placed him at is Cardiff. They have been playing a back 5 under Mick Mack. Duffy would be a fair upgrade on what they have. For obvious reasons I made that link. West Brom under big Sam another option.

What do we think is Duffys chances of getting a PL loan? Clubs like Burnley Palace or even Moyes at WH would he look at Duffy?

Not a hope of it - he was woefully bad in a woeful celtic team before being dropped from the squad altogether . I thought he was going to a massive part in the 10 in a row bid. A total different player from the one that lorded it for us internationally. The death of his father clearly took a massive toll on him because it was like looking at a totally different player. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 10:17am
It really didn't go well for Duffy at Celtic but hopefully he can turn that around.

But when you look at the fact that he was playing for one of the two best teams in that league, with the best resources, and the level of the other teams is very poor... he still struggled badly (I agree that his father passing away had a massive impact)

But a premier league team would be risking a hell of a lot taking a chance on him. I would say a championship team would be a challenge for him too.

Other leagues like Spain, Italy, Holland are all too technically focused for him and he would struggle there too.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 10:41am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 11:09am
I think it's almost certaon he'll end up in Championship next year.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 11:53am
He needs reunited with Chris Hughton. Nottingham Forest would be an excellent fit for Duffy.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 11:54am
If Hughton is still at Forest, that could be another option for him. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 4:25pm
Would see McCarthy lasting longer at Cardif than Hughton at Forest.
Changing managers with different styles probably wouldn't be great for hm either.
The dark side.. And the light
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 4:55pm
Shane Duffy, Robbie Brady, James Mcclean, James McCarthy, Shane Long, Randolph, Horgan and odowda.

You'd have to worry any of these players won't struggle badly next season or just call it a day due to form or injury.

Not like we have players to step in either

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 2:33pm
Starts for Brighton today. Good to see.
The only way is up
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 2:50pm
Will be very interesting to see what kind of condition he's in compared to last season. Looked way out of shape last year but a full pre-season back at a better run club might make a big difference hopefully.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Will be very interesting to see what kind of condition he's in compared to last season. Looked way out of shape last year but a full pre-season back at a better run club might make a big difference hopefully.

He’s had a full pre season so should be fitter by default surely. Brighton already 1-0 down. 💀
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:55pm
had a very good game today… hopefully he can still compete consistently at this level… would be great to see after going through such a tough time last season. Shane really is a top lad
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 9:44am
Last year this guy had the kitchen sink thrown at him and yesterday he started the first game of the season for his team in one of the toughest leagues in the world, played 90 mins and did a job.

The words 'credit where credit is due', would be somewhat of an understatement.

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 9:48am

Aside from being good news from an Irish perspective, I’m really pleased for him that he did well yesterday. Hopefully he’s turned a corner. 
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 10:02am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Aside from being good news from an Irish perspective, I’m really pleased for him that he did well yesterday. Hopefully he’s turned a corner. 
This. Clap Great to see 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 6:54pm
He was excellent yesterday. Credit where it's due as I was very critical of him last season.

Probably the best player on the pitch. Hopefully he can nail down that place now because there is a position up for grabs with White gone.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 7:46pm
Great to see him play well. Just goes to show what a mess Celtic are these days that they managed to turn him into the unfit disaster zone he was last season. He actually started well there as well so the damage really was done in Glasgow - maybe not surprising when you hear stories that some Celtic players were hiring personal trainers to try to stay in shape while Lennon was there because the club training was meant to be so poor. 

Hopefully this is a longer term return to form rather than a one off as he's exactly the kind of player we will need with two games against Portugal coming up.

In terms of his situation at Brighton there would still be a concern that he doesn't suit Potter's style of play, but as long as he's playing well someone at a decent level will definitely want to bring him in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 157>
  Share Topic