Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 157>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL

Absolutely lost at sea against a lower league Scottish team but laugh away. You must hate Irish football, you were laughing at Connolly's miss earlier as well.

Pathetic.

LOL

LOL
Sponsored Links

Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Quadruple treble will be what is remembered about today. Unbelievable achievement that will never be equalled. Congrats to Duffy and all the medal winners, including the legend Brown, and in particular to young Hazard for those crucial penalty saves. Lenny the hero at the helm yet again.

Fair play they won today and its a great achivement but they have been absolutely dreadful all season. Duffy hasnt been great but to his benefit the team have been poor defenisvely for a long time. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Frabhoy Frabhoy wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Quadruple treble will be what is remembered about today. Unbelievable achievement that will never be equalled. Congrats to Duffy and all the medal winners, including the legend Brown, and in particular to young Hazard for those crucial penalty saves. Lenny the hero at the helm yet again.

Fair play they won today and its a great achivement but they have been absolutely dreadful all season. Duffy hasnt been great but to his benefit the team have been poor defenisvely for a long time. 

To his benefit? LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 9:15pm
He was extremely poor today.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 9:54am
Woeful again yesterday
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 2:11pm
Barely even looks like a footballer anymore. Everytime he gets the ball or an  opposition player runs at him its panic stations. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 2:13pm
It's unbelievable to see what has happened to him. Looks lost out there, if a youth player was playing like that you'd say he'd never make it as a footballer. 

He absolutely cannot start in March given the other options we have available in that position.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 2:15pm
He's done. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 2:41pm
his confidence is shot to pieces. We all know he is no Messi, but since moving to Celtic he has been very poor and not demonstrated any of his strengths. 

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 2:47pm
will end up going back to championship under hughton, who will rejuvenate him
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 2:51pm
If you were picking an Ireland squad of 23 based on form at the moment I don't think you could include him as one of your four centre backs to be honest. Which would have seemed ridiculous even a year ago.

He has been through a terrible year on and off the field. I honestly think it would be best for him to get out of Glasgow and go on loan somewhere in the Championship or somewhere else out of the spotlight for a few months. Getting slaughtered in the media every week in Scotland is probably the last thing he needs. We've all seen in the past how good he can be, at least when a team is set up in a way that plays to his strengths. Hopefully he can get back to his best at some point, age wise he should still have five years left in him at a decent level. But I don't see a future for him at either Celtic or Brighton.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 3:29pm
That’s the thing though a team that plays to his strengths he is fantastic. I could imagine him looking utterly outstanding for let’s say West Ham at the moment where they sit deep he has holding midfielders like Rice protecting him etc.

At Celtic he is essentially under pressure but also they are naturally playing higher up the pitch. He’s essentially proving for Ireland and Celtic that in a high line he’s a League 1/2 standard player at best. There is a reason Porter didn’t really play him either it’s not all a coincidence.

Not a dig at him he’s been fantastic for us over the years. However going forward Kenny if he is playing with a back 4 in this new possession based style really needs to bin him from the team to be blunt about it (have him in the squad as a 4th/5th choice for sure). 

People may point to his personal tragedy recently which is a fair point also.

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Jan 2021 at 3:31pm
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 6:16pm
no win position at the moment celthick fans will slate him no matter what he does . had a bad spell at the end of his blackburn time as well and it took a new move to have him back to his best so maybe this is the same 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

no win position at the moment celthick fans will slate him no matter what he does . had a bad spell at the end of his blackburn time as well and it took a new move to have him back to his best so maybe this is the same 

Brain-dead thugs. If that's how they treat a fellow Celtic supporter...

He's obviously struggling for form and confidence at the moment, partly due to personal tragedy, but you don't become a bad player overnight.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 7:58pm
Should be in his prime years but playing like a headless chicken. Should’ve been sent off today. Hard to feel anything but sorry for him, clearly was an emotional decision joining Celtic instead of West Ham.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:11pm
Funny thing is  apart from the England game, I don't think Duffy actually played that bad in the Ireland games under Kenny so far. 

All his terrible performances have been at club level. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:27pm
it’s all to do with confidence and also the manager if you are rated by your manager and they have faith you can do a job all will be rosey....if you get in the team and you know that you are not managers first choice then the pressure builds and by trying too hard not to make errors you almost certainly do.
I agree he needs a move away and a good call with Chris Hughton but do forest need Shane?
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:30pm
Lennon starting a defensive midfielder ahead of him also a clear indication of where he stands. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 157>
  Share Topic