Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 157>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Eh, make that suspended 11 times now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 6:45pm
there is nothing wrong with us saying we dont want mcshane in the squad,we want to go as far as we can in the euros and mcshane is just too big of a liability,he is nowhere near good enough and never will be!
Sponsored Links

darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 6:48pm
Delighted For Duffy on his call up to the senior squad, lad deserves it after his displays for everton.But I say Clark would have got the call if he wasn't injured
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 6:59pm
Delighted for the lad, can see him being a key player for us for years to come, getting him familiar with the squad now will do him no harm whatsoever.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:51pm
Delighted for Shane after all he's been through with that injury Clap
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

One of my issues with McShane is the lad is so deluded it's unbelievable. He was on iTalksport and when they were beaten 7-1 he said that he was carrying the team and that others should step up to the plate.

Funny the way now that as a 26 year old in his prime he has gone from 
United -> West Brom -> Sunderland -> Hull -> Barnsley -> Palace.

Can you see the trend here?

Mate i don't think anyone is denying that McShane isn't upto the standard of international football , what's annoying is that people continue to slate a lad that merely offer's his service's to his country and happen's to get picked? Like people calling him McShame is totally wrong , what good is everyone repeating the same negative comments over and over about him/keogh/green doing? 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
trapnoclue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 8:13pm
fans forking out hard earned money deserve better than having to put up with mcshane,green and keough,hopefully none of them ever get called up again!we pay to watch our country so we are entitled to our views as well!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by trapnoclue trapnoclue wrote:

fans forking out hard earned money deserve better than having to put up with mcshane,green and keough,hopefully none of them ever get called up again!we pay to watch our country so we are entitled to our views as well!

Never once did i say you or anyone else were not entitled to your views , i merely stated whats the point in running down the same 3 chaps week in week out? The fact is you don't come across as a fan never mind a great one  , a fan doesn't run down players constantly and give out at any chance possible. 

Your view's have well and truly been hammered home at this stage , like could you not offer some positive post's for a change? Could you not focus on Duffy being called up , instead of slating Green , McShane and Keogh? 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

scaldy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaldy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 8:31pm
at the end of the day these guys are CALLED up to the squad, and fair play to anyone who doesn't shirk the responsibility just because people rate him so poorly. Players like McShane shouldn't be playing, but shouldn't be lambasted for being asked to play.
trapnoclue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 8:34pm
im delighted duffy is called up,id also have mcclean and clark in it,i know clark is now injured.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by scaldy scaldy wrote:

at the end of the day these guys are CALLED up to the squad, and fair play to anyone who doesn't shirk the responsibility just because people rate him so poorly. Players like McShane shouldn't be playing, but shouldn't be lambasted for being asked to play.

Exactly. The same lads that call him McShame and sh*te would be the first to throw abuse at him if he said he had no interest in playing for the team, or switched to the North
Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 9:17pm
Some of the comments on here about McShane and Keogh are shameful. While they may not be world class players, they should be respected for their efforts.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Drummerboy Drummerboy wrote:

Some of the comments on here about McShane and Keogh are shameful. While they may not be world class players, they should be respected for their efforts.

+1 Clap

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 5:33am
Congrats to Shane Duffy on his call up, delighted by this.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:55pm
Hopefully he can get some game time and win himself a cap.

Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 3:35pm
Bad news for Dunne, but I'm delighted for Duffy.

After that horrendous training ground accident two years ago, when it was feared he might never play again, his rehabilitation is complete. 

I hope he gets a chance. He has the potential to be a better option than some of the fringe defensive players.

Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 4:18pm
Delighted for Duffy. Disgusted by some of the comments on here, but happy that none of these muppets will be anywhere near Poznan or Gdansk or match tickets this summer. 

These lads give their all for their country, every time. 
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 5:25pm
There was me thinking this thrrad was about Shane Duffy. If people want to slate a player go to their individual thread so the rest of us dont have to read such sh*te
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 8:05pm
it's gas that the lads who are defending paul mcshane and andy keogh would be the same people who would be criticising them if we conceded a goal and they are at fault. they are both awful players. 
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 157>
  Share Topic