Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 157>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 1:46pm
Prefer if we went with Clark and Keogh
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 1:35pm
It should be O'Shea and one of Clark and Keogh, Duffy is a bombscare.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 1:14pm
If he picks Duffy and Clark together the next time its goodnight vienna.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 1:09pm
I don't mind if we play one of Clark or Duffy. Playing them two of them together is just asking for trouble. They need to play beside somebody with a bit of sense.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I would still go for O'Shea and Keogh. Clark and Duffy are disasters waitijg to happen. The Austrians will remember Clark fondly for his gift in 2013.

Clark deserves his chance on form for his club. Ward was a disaster waiting to happen but i dont hear anyone saying it now
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 11:56am
I would still go for O'Shea and Keogh. Clark and Duffy are disasters waitijg to happen. The Austrians will remember Clark fondly for his gift in 2013.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 11:54am
I'd be inclined to go with O'Shea and Clark for Austria at this stage alright but like I said hauling him off at half time last night would have been counterintuitive in the long run.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

It was a really poor mistake but substituting him instantly would have been a bad idea in fairness. It would have totally destroyed his confidence with Austria coming up next month rather than allow him another 45 minutes against very limited opposition to get some of it back. I'd say MON lost the rag with him at half time which was the appropriate response.
He shouldn't be picked for Austria, he has no positional sense whatsoever. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 11:37am
Keogh has never really let us down in any of his starts.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 11:37am
Brian Kerr is right when he says that we need to settle on the partnership. I figure that we have had 5 different combinations in the past 4 months with Clark-O'Shea, Keogh-Duffy, Keogh-O'Shea, and Duffy-Clark all starting at different times since the Sweden game in June.

I think O'Neill needs to ascertain what role JOS is here to do. Is he simply a cool head with a link to the past who is the de-facto captain and spiritual leader on the training ground, or is he a genuine alternative, particularly in the games against Austria and Wales. He also needs to decide if Keogh is in fact our regular starting CH. Keogh by himself is a good and generally reliable player.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 11:30am
It was a really poor mistake but substituting him instantly would have been a bad idea in fairness. It would have totally destroyed his confidence with Austria coming up next month rather than allow him another 45 minutes against very limited opposition to get some of it back. I'd say MON lost the rag with him at half time which was the appropriate response.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

If one of my u10s defended like Duffy did last night for the Moldova goal he would get a massive kick up the hole. To say it was schoolboy stuff is an insult to schoolboy players. Standing ten yards inside the opponents half when he was last man !!!!!
I'd have taken him off straight away.

+1 I am amazed he wasn't taken off.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

If one of my u10s defended like Duffy did last night for the Moldova goal he would get a massive kick up the hole. To say it was schoolboy stuff is an insult to schoolboy players. Standing ten yards inside the opponents half when he was last man !!!!!

I think Glenn Whelan got off very lightly for this one. Watch it back and you'll see that he pulls out of jumping for a header and doesn't challenge for the ball when it bounces in front of him which allows the Moldovan defender to lump it forward to the striker to finish.

I would think that Duffy stepped forward on the assumption that Whelan was going to challenge for the ball. If he had challenged, no way would the defender have been able to play a pass like he did. Duffy was not blameless but Whelan was more at fault in my book.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 10:12am

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 2:02am
Won all the long punts down the field which should have had us even more on the front foot. Did fine against a side who were never going to be nifty enough around the edge of our box to move him out of position. I really worry about his positioning in general, think he needs someone alongside him to correct those issues for him. Not sure if we have that someone, maybe O'Shea.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 10:33am
It may not be a great accolade but he probably played the pass of the night. A switch out to the left midway through the second half.
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 10:27am
Thought he did fine.

Very vocal throughout,trying to move the whole team forward 
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 10:25am
#SD7
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 157>
  Share Topic