Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 158>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 10:33am
I was at that match, and no he wasn't the stand-out performer actually.
He was also playing CM and not LB as you say.

He's too young and he's too inexperienced and he has plenty of time on his side.

Trap will not pick him due to the reasons above and also he has not really been involved in the senior side.

Trap already knows his 23.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 10:35am
The lad  has real talent there no doubt about that and trap is a fan.Hopefully now he will remain injury free and Moyes keep faith with him.If he could get that bit of luck that is needed to make it at the top level Duffy could be a huge player for ireland and everton for years to come.
Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:01am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's too young and he's too inexperienced and he has plenty of time on his side.

Trap will not pick him due to the reasons above and also he has not really been involved in the senior side.

Opinions. Smile
CM? LB? You must have been at a different couple of games. He was at CB. With O'Dea. McShane at RB and Greg Cunningham at LB.  And he was 18 at that stage.

When he was 17, he already had 2 European games under his belt, as well as 3 U21 caps for Northern Ireland. Trap included him in a training camp at 18 with little experience.

He is 20 now, in a much better position than he was then, with more experience. He has 6 U21 caps 1 goal. 19 games for S****horpe, 1 goal. 1 game for Burnley and 4 games for Everton. That's not a career of experience, granted, but who said you needed a specified amount?

This mantra of being too young and inexperienced to be selected doesn't always hold water.

I think the chances of him making the Euros squad are slim, but stranger things have happened.

Edited by Predator - 28 Jan 2012 at 11:02am
End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Predator Predator wrote:

Opinions. Smile
CM? LB? You must have been at a different couple of games. He was at CB. With O'Dea. McShane at RB and Greg Cunningham at LB.  And he was 18 at that stage.

When he was 17, he already had 2 European games under his belt, as well as 3 U21 caps for Northern Ireland. Trap included him in a training camp at 18 with little experience.

He is 20 now, in a much better position than he was then, with more experience. He has 6 U21 caps 1 goal. 19 games for S****horpe, 1 goal. 1 game for Burnley and 4 games for Everton. That's not a career of experience, granted, but who said you needed a specified amount?

This mantra of being too young and inexperienced to be selected doesn't always hold water.

I think the chances of him making the Euros squad are slim, but stranger things have happened.

Great prospect but Trap already has his centre backs. He won't trust anyone other than Dunne, Sledge, O'Dea, O'Shea or at worst Kelly.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Predator Predator wrote:

Opinions. Smile

The reality for Duffy is that there is not a fooking hope of making the plane. So you need to get a reality check and stop talking like there is.

I like Duffy as I believe that he has a very bright future ahead of him, but his time will come.
I would say there is at least 8 players ahead of him at the moment.

Trap is not going to pick him as he said himself that there will be little chance in the squad of 23.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 12:58pm

He has'nt a hope of getting into that plane.
The chap is 20 years of age who has only played about 3 games at EPL level.

We have plenty of cover for centre half. Dunne, O'Shea, O'Dea and Sledge.
Also hoping to make the plane will be Ciaran Clark and Marc Wilson another 2 players who have experience of playing at centre half.

If he keeps playing and keep developing his game he may get a squad place for the WC qualifiers.

What plane ?? No-one said anything about the Euros...

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Another good performance in a big game for Everton , if he can stay in the Everton team from now until the end of the season who know's he could be fast tracked into the Ireland set up for the WC 2014 qualifiers! 

Early day's in his career but he's taking his chance at club level now and its great to see Clap

Confused

Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:10pm

The reality for Duffy is that there is not a fooking hope of making the plane. So you need to get a reality check and stop talking like there is.

I like Duffy as I believe that he has a very bright future ahead of him, but his time will come.
I would say there is at least 8 players ahead of him at the moment.

Trap is not going to pick him as he said himself that there will be little chance in the squad of 23.

Woah, hold on a minute. I need a reality check and I need to stop talking like there is a possibility? Perhaps you should stop to read what I've written.

Let's look at the actual reality: Duffy is a 20 year old Irish centre back who has been impressing in his baptism of fire at Everton. Prior to that he was S****horpe's best defender. He has an abundance of international experience, he has played in the Europa League. That is the reality.

Having seen quite a lot of him, I believe Duffy is already a quality player and that he is better than O'Dea, St Ledger and Wilson in the CB position.  Relative to those guys however, he lacks experience and hasn't worked with Trapattoni since May 2010 when he almost died on the pitch.

I merely don't like to rule out possibilities. Anything could happen. I have also acknowledged Trap's comments and think that it's unlikely that Duffy will be in the squad.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:24pm
The only possibility of Duffy making it to the Euro's if the following get injured.

Dunne
St ledger
O'Dea
O'Shea

McShane
Foley

Wilson
Clark

The lads above are all ahead of Duffy - this is the reality.

His time will come though.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:31pm

The only possibility of Duffy making it to the Euro's if the following get injured.

Dunne
St ledger
O'Dea
O'Shea

McShane
Foley

Wilson
Clark

The lads above are all ahead of Duffy - this is the reality.

His time will come though.

I'll try again...

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE EUROS ?? Confused

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:39pm
Why did he get called into the Everton first team, mores to the point who was/is injured. When are they due back?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:42pm
How does Duffy have " an abundance of international experience"??
Have I missed something ??
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Why did he get called into the Everton first team, mores to the point who was/is injured. When are they due back?

Because Jagielka and Distin are both injured. Distin due back fairly soon, Jagielka out for a while yet.

Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

How does Duffy have " an abundance of international experience"??
Have I missed something ??
At 17 he had already amassed a number of u17, 19 and u21 caps for Northern Ireland. Even had  B cap and was in senior squads. He is 20 now and was in a senior training cap at 18. He has U19 and U21 international experience for Ireland too.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:11pm
Jaysus most players have underage caps
Fuk all in comparison to playing senior football
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

Because Jagielka and Distin are both injured. Distin due back fairly soon, Jagielka out for a while yet.

Will he keep his place when Distin comes back
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:33pm

Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

Will he keep his place when Distin comes back

I say Distin will be given a chance to regain his place when he is fit again but if Duffy stays on form, Distin will have to play well
Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Jaysus most players have underage caps
Fuk all in comparison to playing senior football
Your opinion, of course.
I've been to many under age international games. Competitive games at U21 and U19 in particular are worthy endeavours. I don't discount them in the manner that you do.
Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:55pm
A couple of injuries to regulars could change everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 158>
  Share Topic