You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13931394139513961397 1452>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 5:38pm
Can you imagine not liking Football though? Another late winner and a huge 3 points considering Wycombe and Sheffield Wednesday slipped up as well, Not the best performance in general but one thing this team seems to have is resilience, Again another substitute making the difference and Alex Neil has to take some credit for that, let's enjoy the weekend and go again against Shrewsbury 
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by kevblackcat12 kevblackcat12 wrote:

Can you imagine not liking Football though? Another late winner and a huge 3 points considering Wycombe and Sheffield Wednesday slipped up as well, Not the best performance in general but one thing this team seems to have is resilience, Again another substitute making the difference and Alex Neil has to take some credit for that, let's enjoy the weekend and go again against Shrewsbury 

You're so right football is intoxicating and as you say Neil gets his substitutions right so often.

Alex Neil certainly is a class act.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

You're so right football is intoxicating and as you say Neil gets his substitutions right so often.

Dunno what he's like as a manager, but whenever I see reference to Alex Neill, I am inevitably reminded of PG Wodehouse's wonderful observation:

“It is never difficult to distinguish between with a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine.”

LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Dunno what he's like as a manager, but whenever I see reference to Alex Neill, I am inevitably reminded of PG Wodehouse's wonderful observation:

“It is never difficult to distinguish between with a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine.”

LOL

You been drinking.?

Big smile

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 5:30pm
The late late show yet again but I'm not complaining.

I'm currently celebrating on the DM.

Slainte.Beer
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 5:32pm

Slainte.Beer

I don't know how you can stand Ryan Tubridy.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Slainte.Beer

Ha ha Big smile 

I would  have won £66 if it had stayed 2 2 but rather Sunderland got the three points.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 5:55pm

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Slainte.Beer

Ha ha Big smile 

I would  have won £66 if it had stayed 2 2 but rather Sunderland got the three points.

I'm on course to lose all four BTTS accumulators because of one game letting me down.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 10:41am

Sounds like Alex Pritchard could be fit for the Plymouth game on Monday.

Thumbs Up

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 12:08pm

'I don’t know...' - Sunderland's Aiden McGeady discusses ...

‘I don’t know…’ – Sunderland’s Aiden McGeady discusses post-playing plans in honest interview Thomas Kelly-Hansford @Tom_KH7 7 seconds ago Sunderland’s Aiden McGeady has opened up for the first time about his future and what the next step could be for the veteran winger.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 5:05pm
Very disappointed with that really needed to win today. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 10:14am

SAFC dropped out of the top six play off positions last night with Sheff Wednesday winning.

Still in our own hands with having a game in hand on Plymouth and Wycombe.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 8:21am
I'm off to a sports dinner in Sunderland tonight in aid of Sunderland Primary schools football football.(the government withdrew the funding) 

Speakers are Mick McCarthy and Kevin Ball.

Should be a cracking night. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 8:06am
Mick Mac and Bally were superb last night.

Honest humourous great craic and a lot of money raised for a very worthwhile cause.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 5:35pm
That's more like it five goals and up to fourth.

Alex Neil has certainly had a word with the Gooch to get his crosses in early.

Need to get a positive result Rotherham on Tuesday.

Re crowd today 32,500 third highest in all the divisions yesterday.

Impressive stuff considering Sunderland were seventh in the third tier going into the game.

Edited by Double Maxim - 24 Apr 2022 at 6:20am
kevblackcat12 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 5:50pm
Brilliant win, Great to see Ross Stewart back on the scoresheet, That will do his confidence the world of good, All in All I think that point at Plymouth looks like a decent one now, we could of done without Wycombe winning today but we have just got to look after ourselves and concentrate on winning our games, if only the club had not of messed around in hiring a new Coach I do think we would be right in the mix for automatics but what is done is done, Need to secure our playoff spot now hopefully on Tuesday
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by kevblackcat12 kevblackcat12 wrote:

Brilliant win, Great to see Ross Stewart back on the scoresheet, That will do his confidence the world of good, All in All I think that point at Plymouth looks like a decent one now, we could of done without Wycombe winning today but we have just got to look after ourselves and concentrate on winning our games, if only the club had not of messed around in hiring a new Coach I do think we would be right in the mix for automatics but what is done is done, Need to secure our playoff spot now hopefully on Tuesday

Nail on the head my great Cork friend.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 10:00pm
I was talking to some people from Tyrone post match tonight who were over for the match.

They were sound even the Leeds fan.

Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13931394139513961397 1452>
  Share Topic