You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13801381138213831384 1451>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 6:25pm
If the owners are serious about promotion we have to Invest in the squad, The team is still short in a number of areas and if we don't strengthen I fear we may miss out on the automatic places again I don't think any of us Sunderland fans want to go through the lottery of the playoffs any more, I trust in Lee Johnson to deliver if he is given the funds, I think most supporters are fully behind him
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 6:07am
Originally posted by kevblackcat12 kevblackcat12 wrote:

If the owners are serious about promotion we have to Invest in the squad, The team is still short in a number of areas and if we don't strengthen I fear we may miss out on the automatic places again I don't think any of us Sunderland fans want to go through the lottery of the playoffs any more, I trust in Lee Johnson to deliver if he is given the funds, I think most supporters are fully behind him

You are right about the team lacking in depth the full back situation is a good example of this.

The owners have got to back Johnson in the January window or risk another season in this division.

I'm a pro Lee Johnson man too and have faith in him to deliver if backed by the board.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 8:13am
Important win for Sunderland yesterday and we played some good attacking football particularly in the first half.

Pritchard and Broadhead were outstanding.

This win was for Mensi.

RIP big man.

Edited by Double Maxim - 12 Dec 2021 at 8:21am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 12:53pm

Get well soon John MacPhail what a peno taker he was.

16 goals in a season and he was a centre half!

Cool 

Sunderland Legends John MacPhail : SAFCBlog following ...

john MacPhail 16 goals in Sunderland’s title Season. 1987/88 saw Sunderland storm to the title, John played 46 games and scored an amazing 16 goals. Eleven of these goals were from the penalty spot, but….. you don’t take the pens unless you are decent and also got some serious bottle.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 12:57pm
Cirkin, Hume And Evans back in training.

Thumbs Up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 1:09pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:09pm
Sunderland being linked with Georgie Kelly but we're not the only ones 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 9:20am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 5:14pm
Classic game of two halves Ipswich the better team in the first have Sunderland had the better chances in the second period.

A draw was a fair result.

Broadhead SAFCs top man.

That's five goals in five games for Nathan.

SAFC unbeaten in seven games.

Edited by Double Maxim - 18 Dec 2021 at 8:50pm
kevblackcat12 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 6:36pm
Absolutely gutted to have missed out on going Today as it was a game I was really looking forward to but had to give it a miss for obvious reasons, Not a bad point to take away from Portman Road it's never an easy place to go to and Sunderland must do everything to sign Nathan Broadhead 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 5:24am
Originally posted by kevblackcat12 kevblackcat12 wrote:

Absolutely gutted to have missed out on going Today as it was a game I was really looking forward to but had to give it a miss for obvious reasons, Not a bad point to take away from Portman Road it's never an easy place to go to and Sunderland must do everything to sign Nathan Broadhead 

You did the right thing not going with the current situation.

I'm supposed to be going to Donny 27/12/21 but can't see that going ahead re covid.

Love to sign Nathan but doubt it will happen.

It was a good point at Portman Road but a shame the other three results didn't go for us.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 11:08am
Lee Johnson quote from the Times. 

“I was sitting on the train coming up to Ipswich and the minute Joyce snaps into talking about football, you see her whole body language change, the pupils dilate, the chest puffs out, the shoulders go back. I think, ‘Does she wanna fight me here or is she being passionate?!’ That sums Sunderland up. 

“Football is right up there with family in importance for individuals in Sunderland. They are the first to air their feelings about me and the team but they are also the first to fiercely protect me and the players.” 

The Newmarket-born 40-year-old has managed at Oldham Athletic, Barnsley and Bristol City but not experienced anything close to the depth of passion found on Wearside. “It’s phenomenal,” he says. “I bump into Sunderland fans in mad places. I was in Portugal strolling the streets of Vale do Lobo and a fella comes up to me in a Sunderland shirt. I was thinking, ‘Wow, there’s no escaping!’ That’s really nice. 

“Everybody I’ve met has been really humble and extremely passionate. The further north you go I feel people speak to each other more in the street. In London, people walk past each other, it’s hectic, whereas up north there seems to be that little bit more time to have a chat, to actually get to know people. That’s a really nice trait.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 2:23pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 10:22pm
Whilst Arsenal showed their premiership class tonight the scoreline was a little flattering towards them.

Sunderland matched them in periods (certainly in the 1st half) and our goal was absolute quality. 

As for the significance of the result it doesn't really matter promotion has got to be the ultimate aim this season.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 10:58am

Sunderland's head coach also confirmed that Thorben Hoffmann's absence from the squad for the Arsenal league cup game was neither injury nor COVID-19 related.

So much for the rumours about him having covid.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 11:34am
Looking forward to Arsenal v Sunderland being a regular fixture again in seasons to come, I always enjoyed going there. Difference last night was between a top four PL side and a top four L1 side. promotion is indeed what matters this season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Looking forward to Arsenal v Sunderland being a regular fixture again in seasons to come, I always enjoyed going there. Difference last night was between a top four PL side and a top four L1 side. promotion is indeed what matters this season.

Do you know much about Trai? 

I know he's been linked with Celtic.

Edited by Double Maxim - 23 Dec 2021 at 6:25pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 3:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13801381138213831384 1451>
  Share Topic