You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13291330133113321333 1451>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 9:19pm
Bring back Peter Reid. Why was he particularly singled for a need to 'cheer up' by the way? Seemed fairly chipper whenever I saw him on TV. 

There are many more dourerer managers than he. 

Carlo Ancelotti springs to mind. 

Edited by NewtNewbie - 20 Jul 2020 at 9:19pm
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Bring back Peter Reid. Why was he particularly singled for a need to 'cheer up' by the way? Seemed fairly chipper whenever I saw him on TV. 

There are many more dourerer managers than he. 

Carlo Ancelotti springs to mind. 

It wasn't really having a go at Reidy for being miserable.

It was the Sunderland fans song Cheer Up Peter read which changed the line in the Monkees song Daydream Believer cheer up sleepy Jean.

Though Reidy gave us great moments he's past it now as a football manager.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:40pm
Any of you heading up to Ashington for Jack Charltons funeral procession tomorrow? 
I hope to head up but I've a work call at 10am that I need to get through quickly to make it up. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Any of you heading up to Ashington for Jack Charltons funeral procession tomorrow? 
I hope to head up but I've a work call at 10am that I need to get through quickly to make it up. 

No sadly not able to make the tribute to the great man.

Anything happening in Jack's honour in the Irish Centre tomorrow?
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

They've had a bit on social media this week to celebrate him but can't plan a party. They only opened up again last week so are being strict on big groups and meetings. The membership there is very old so they need to be careful.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 12:01am

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

They've had a bit on social media this week to celebrate him but can't plan a party. They only opened up again last week so are being strict on big groups and meetings. The membership there is very old so they need to be careful.

Fair enough.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 7:49pm

Some positive news Bailey Wright is set to sign a two year contract for Sunderland.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 3:31pm

It's been confirmed that the new division one season starts the weekend of the 12th September 2020.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 3:45pm
Club appears to only be attracting conmen investors it’s becoming depressing.

We have Donald who’s an established conman
Then there was the yank who even the Scottish FA told to do one
Today’s new one is someone who frauded the Haas Formula 1 team LOL

But when you’re valuing a club in League 1 at 56.6 million (36 mil in assets + the 20 loan) I don’t think there will be any genuine investors for the foreseeable future.

To put in perspective, Drumaville bought the club for £10 million when they were in the Championship to show how he’s outrageously overvaluing the club.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 7:25pm
Tom Flanagan has signed a contract for another two years at Sunderland. Good news, he had other options but wanted to stay.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Tom Flanagan has signed a contract for another two years at Sunderland. Good news, he had other options but wanted to stay.

I'm reasonably happy with Flan staying he has his critics but he is certainly good enough for this level and knows the club.
SunlunBhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunlunBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 3:52pm
ThatsT good news canny player
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 6:38am

Local Radio journo Nick Barnes posting on twitter:-

I understand Stuart Donald has entered a period of exclusively with a prospective buyer.

I believe it's not Mark Campbell or William Storey - with a view to selling before the season starts.
kevblackcat12 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 1:54pm
Sounds promising, Michael Grays consortium maybe? Would be great to have a local lad who has the club and city at heart involved
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunlunBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 2:19pm
Good 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by kevblackcat12 kevblackcat12 wrote:

Sounds promising, Michael Grays consortium maybe? Would be great to have a local lad who has the club and city at heart involved

I'd be happy if Michael has managed to get the rife right people involved.

O'Brien Wastte Management also rumoured  to be  interested?

Edited by Double Maxim - 26 Jul 2020 at 2:25pm
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunlunBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 2:34pm
As for O'Brien's that seems like a load of rubbish to me.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by SunlunBhoy SunlunBhoy wrote:

As for O'Brien's that seems like a load of rubbish to me.

😂😂😂
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13291330133113321333 1451>
  Share Topic