You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12931294129512961297 1451>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by kevblackcat12 kevblackcat12 wrote:

Haha always a first time for everything Mate
 Big smile
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:21pm
Strong rumours that the American investment is on again.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 10:49am

Its official Phil Parkinson is the new manager of SAFC.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

SAFC being linked with Nordie Conor McLaughlin who has been given a free transfer by Millwall.
If Ross could get him playing to his potential, he'd be a very good signing at that level (imo).
Thanks and for the information about Conor on the Nordies thread.

How has Conor Mc been doing for Sunderland?

He's kinda lost his place in the NI team, at least when we play 4 at the back, but he was RWB in a 3-5-2 against Czech Rep the other night and seemed to do OK
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:53pm

SAFC being linked with Nordie Conor McLaughlin who has been given a free transfer by Millwall.
If Ross could get him playing to his potential, he'd be a very good signing at that level (imo).

He's kinda lost his place in the NI team, at least when we play 4 at the back, but he was RWB in a 3-5-2 against Czech Rep the other night and seemed to do OK

Bit of a mixed bag from Conor some average good and very good games for Sunderland.

At times he seems to lack confidence I like his attitude never hides and always gives 100%.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 3:06pm

Bit of a mixed bag from Conor some average good and very good games for Sunderland.

At times he seems to lack confidence I like his attitude never hides and always gives 100%.
Seems about right from what I've seen from him for NI, except maybe the confidence bit, since I'd say he sometimes tries to hang on to the ball too long, or dribble his way out of trouble, so risking getting caught out.

Maybe that's to do with different instructions from his manager at Sunderland?

Meanwhile, I was very impressed by Tom Flanagan playing on the left of a Back Three against Czech Republic the other evening. Made a couple of vital tackles and clearances etc and didn't look out of place alongside two PL CB's in Evans and Cathcart.

Only his 3rd cap (I think), yet he'll be 28 next January. A bit unfortunate that CB has been the one position where we've been v.well stocked this last decade.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 3:24pm

Seems about right from what I've seen from him for NI, except maybe the confidence bit, since I'd say he sometimes tries to hang on to the ball too long, or dribble his way out of trouble, so risking getting caught out.

Maybe that's to do with different instructions from his manager at Sunderland?

Meanwhile, I was very impressed by Tom Flanagan playing on the left of a Back Three against Czech Republic the other evening. Made a couple of vital tackles and clearances etc and didn't look out of place alongside two PL CB's in Evans and Cathcart.

Only his 3rd cap (I think), yet he'll be 28 next January. A bit unfortunate that CB has been the one position where we've been v.well stocked this last decade.

Again another mixed bag from Tom he has played very well on occasions scoring some goals as well but other times he gives the ball away too easily and looses his man.

For me Lynch and Willis are the best two centre halfs at SAFC currently.
kevblackcat12 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 4:35pm
As much as I'd love it to be true I think the new owners surely would have wanted a bigger name than Phil Parkinson
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 4:38pm

As much as I'd love it to be true I think the new owners surely would have wanted a bigger name than Phil Parkinson
Maybe they are leaving that side of things to Donald whilst we are in division one?

Edited by Double Maxim - 17 Oct 2019 at 4:39pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 7:15pm
Fingers Crossed
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 8:50am
As MD Tony Davison has left the club could the Americans investment be closer as they would want to bring their own person in?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 6:11am
Hopefully Marc McNulty will be back from injury today.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 9:59am
I know it's all been said before but reports are saying that the American investors deal is close to happening.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:10am
Great news if true
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:46am

Great news if true
Bottles of Double Maxim all round if it happens. Cool
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 8:50am
Sunderland were dreadful yesterday we desperately need the three points against Tranmere on Tuesday.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 12:22pm

Charlie Wykes injury sounds serious. 

He's damaged his ankle ligaments. 

Edited by Double Maxim - 21 Oct 2019 at 12:24pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 7:17pm
Sunderland playing at home to Gillingham in the first round of the fa cup.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12931294129512961297 1451>
  Share Topic