You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12111212121312141215 1452>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 12:12pm
Expecting a crowd of thirty two thousand for the home game against Sarfend on Saturday. Fair play to the Shrimpers fans they are bringing a 1,000 supporters to the game a better turnout than a lot of EPL clubs have managed! to Wearside!

Edited by Double Maxim - 25 Oct 2018 at 12:12pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 12:27pm
Port Vale FA Cup game is now on the Sunday 11/11/18 14.30 ko live on BBC 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 12:54pm
Is it actually live or are they doing the same as last year where they hop between six games?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is it actually live or are they doing the same as last year where they hop between six games?

Sorry I was given duff info its actually being shown live on BT Sport.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Phenomenal support.

Exactly as is selling 1200 tickets for the trip to Plymouth and 5,000 for Coventry when it was an early ko live on tv.

SAFC have sold out ALL away games so far this season.

Ridiculous support - looking forward to Plymouth/Exeter

I went to Plymouth some years ago left Sunderland midnight on the Friday and got to Plymouth 7.00am the next morning I was packered!

If I go again it will be by plane or train!

Train takes about eight hours. Maybe fly.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Phenomenal support.

Exactly as is selling 1200 tickets for the trip to Plymouth and 5,000 for Coventry when it was an early ko live on tv.

SAFC have sold out ALL away games so far this season.

Ridiculous support - looking forward to Plymouth/Exeter

I went to Plymouth some years ago left Sunderland midnight on the Friday and got to Plymouth 7.00am the next morning I was packered!

If I go again it will be by plane or train!

Train takes about eight hours. Maybe fly.
If I didn't fly I would get the train the day before and stay over thanks.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:22am

Sunderland have been allocated almost HALF of the Wham Stadium's capacity for their upcoming League One clash with Accrington Stanley. Jack Ross' side travel to Accrington ahead of a busy Christmas fixture schedule on December 8, with the Black Cats-faithful receiving a staggering 2,374 tickets out of the 5,057 available.   

There have been sell outs for Sunderland away matches at Luton Town, Gillingham, AFC Wimbledon, Burton Albion, Coventry City, Bradford City, Shrewsbury Town and Doncaster Rovers so far But a first-ever trip to Accrington is set to provide a different and unique feel, with the home fans set to outnumber Sunderland's contingent by a small margin of just over 300 fans.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:33am
I was there last year, the Crown pub is lovely.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:40am

I was there last year, the Crown pub is lovely.

Thanks for the heads up.

Beer
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:28pm

If I didn't fly I would get the train the day before and stay over thanks.

I'm sure you know yourself, but it is often cheaper to book two separate tickets. Maybe book one from Sunderland (or Newcastle) to London, then a separate one to Plymouth a few hours later.

That way you can pick the cheapest tickets for each part, plus the layover breaks up what is otherwise quite a long journey.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:54pm
There's a website called splittickets.com that does that for you, SD. It's a very handy site.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 8:40pm
Yeah, I know of it. However, when you are going via London, it is handier and potentially cheaper again to book two separate tickets with a longer layover.

Split ticketing generally works as follows:

Say you search Newcastle to Plymouth, it may be that a Newcastle to Plymouth ticket on one train is £100. However, on the same train, Newcastle to Birmingham may be £40 only, and Birmingham to Plymoth also only £40. Split ticketing will find those cheaper tickets and enable you to book the Newcastle to Plymouth ticket for £80.

What it won't do is check if, say, Newcastle to Birmingham is £40 on a 10am train arriving at Birmingham at 2pm, while the 6pm train from Birmingham to Plymouth is only £20. It will check each of the quickest connections and see if the ticketing can be split in the middle of that journey with tickets for the same train. It won't search for separate tickets for slower connections with longer layovers, which can often be a cheaper way of making the same journey.

And for Newcastle to Plymouth, personally I would go via London rather than on the cross-country direct service. The LNER trains are nicer than the cross-country ones and if you avoid the newer GWR trains from London to Plymouth, they should be nice too. The cross-country pendolinos are a bit tight because of their shape being built for tilting, even though that is now turned off on a lot of them, if not all of them.

There are plenty of ways to get there and the split ticketing website is good for some of them but not all of them. I'd personally use it for two searches: Sunderland to London and London to Plymouth, and build in a layover in London too.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 8:49pm
Yeah,but London is full of ****s!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 8:34am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, I know of it. However, when you are going via London, it is handier and potentially cheaper again to book two separate tickets with a longer layover.

Split ticketing generally works as follows:

Say you search Newcastle to Plymouth, it may be that a Newcastle to Plymouth ticket on one train is £100. However, on the same train, Newcastle to Birmingham may be £40 only, and Birmingham to Plymoth also only £40. Split ticketing will find those cheaper tickets and enable you to book the Newcastle to Plymouth ticket for £80.

What it won't do is check if, say, Newcastle to Birmingham is £40 on a 10am train arriving at Birmingham at 2pm, while the 6pm train from Birmingham to Plymouth is only £20. It will check each of the quickest connections and see if the ticketing can be split in the middle of that journey with tickets for the same train. It won't search for separate tickets for slower connections with longer layovers, which can often be a cheaper way of making the same journey.

And for Newcastle to Plymouth, personally I would go via London rather than on the cross-country direct service. The LNER trains are nicer than the cross-country ones and if you avoid the newer GWR trains from London to Plymouth, they should be nice too. The cross-country pendolinos are a bit tight because of their shape being built for tilting, even though that is now turned off on a lot of them, if not all of them.

There are plenty of ways to get there and the split ticketing website is good for some of them but not all of them. I'd personally use it for two searches: Sunderland to London and London to Plymouth, and build in a layover in London too.

Good man SD.

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Thumbs Up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 2:33pm
Unchanged team.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 6:24pm
Another vital and well deserved win. Three good goals and great to see Aido open his account for the season.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 7:26pm
McGeadys goal any good dm?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

McGeadys goal any good dm?
Not as good as Maguires but quality he certainly made an impact off the bench today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12111212121312141215 1452>
  Share Topic