You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11311132113311341135 1451>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 6:50pm
Four Irish players starting and Kone on the bench!

Edited by Double Maxim - 31 Oct 2017 at 6:50pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 7:05pm
I read today that Sunderland have gone 17 homes games without a win .
Their record is 19 i think .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 9:31pm
The wankfest over South Shields FC Sunderland fans have is the only thing more cringy than the team itself.
I get the team is playing badly but half the fans wanted promotion at the start then sod off supporting a different club when they don’t get their own way.

There’s about 1500 here at Mariners who should be about 20 miles south supporting their supposed actual team, I hope the Metro fails on them on the way home.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 10:05pm
Grayson sacked.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 11:00pm
Feel sorry for Grayson because he was given f**k all chance right from the start, the club needed investment as the squad is threadbare but still as bad as things look there is noway this group of players should be where they are.

Ellis Short needs to realize the further this club falls, the less money he will get from a potential sale.

It's absolutely shocking to think a couple of million spent on a decent keeper, centre back and a striker we would be fine. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 11:01pm
Give it Giggsy till the end of the season
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Give it Giggsy till the end of the season

Call me an old romantic but I really want to see Peter Reid, Roy Keane or even Mick McCarthy back on a short term basis just to tide us over and make sure we stay up!

Someone who knows the club inside and out.

If we were more stable as a club, I would absolutely love to see someone like Giggs get the job. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 11:28pm
If Giggs offered to Manage for free I'd still tell him to f**k off.
He was so bad at Utd he made Poyet's Sunderland look like Barcelona under Pep. That 35 consecutive pass move which resulted in Borini ended hitting in the bar was actually against Giggs' Utd.

The timing of the sacking without naming a Caretaker for Sunday suggests there's already someone coming in - Personally it needs to be a boring defensive minded Manager to get us keeping clean sheets again, forget winning, Sunderland need to actually stop conceding against awful teams firstly.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

If Giggs offered to Manage for free I'd still tell him to f**k off.
He was so bad at Utd he made Poyet's Sunderland look like Barcelona under Pep. That 35 consecutive pass move which resulted in Borini ended hitting in the bar was actually against Giggs' Utd.

The timing of the sacking without naming a Caretaker for Sunday suggests there's already someone coming in - Personally it needs to be a boring defensive minded Manager to get us keeping clean sheets again, forget winning, Sunderland need to actually stop conceding against awful teams firstly.

If Mick McCarthy wanted to come back I would welcome him with open arms.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 11:55pm
Really don't get the Giggs shout no managerial experience or personality would be a big mistake.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Really don't get the Giggs shout no managerial experience or personality would be a big mistake.

With all due respect Tony, look at what happened Grayson and Moyes for all the experience they had?

Giggs has loads of contacts build up from his time at Man United, surely a few players could be sent our way not to mention his standing in World Football!

If there was investment thrown our way to sign players, I'm sure many players who relish the chance to work with Giggs compared to the likes of an Alan Stubbs or a Robbie Stockdale. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:21am
You're living in a world which isn't gonna happen GD, I'm afraid to say.

Ellis Short is that disinterested in Sunderland he doesn't even live in the UK anymore, house in Chelsea up for sale and everything. 
There's more of chance of investment from me than there is from Ellis Short and I work at South Shields FC LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:24am

You're living in a world which isn't gonna happen GD, I'm afraid to say.

Ellis Short is that disinterested in Sunderland he doesn't even live in the UK anymore, house in Chelsea up for sale and everything. 
There's more of chance of investment from me than there is from Ellis Short and I work at South Shields FC LOL

I didn't say Giggs would be coming here, I'm merely saying that some people can't say much about experience and all that lark when our club has bombed under two very experienced managers in the space of what, 15 to 16 months?

In truth, I don't know who the hell is going to lead this team!

It's all rather depressing. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:36am
Getting the fundamental basics wrong on the pitch was inevitably the downfall.

Sunderland have scored only 1 less than Cardiff who are 2nd, but have the 2nd most conceded behind poor Burton Albion who are turning into the whipping boys they were expected to be last season.

Emphasises why I said the next Manager has to be defensive minded, The Big Sam blueprint of keep clean shirts then you'll win games is exactly what's needed here.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:41am

Getting the fundamental basics wrong on the pitch was inevitably the downfall.

Sunderland have scored only 1 less than Cardiff who are 2nd, but have the 2nd most conceded behind poor Burton Albion who are turning into the whipping boys they were expected to be last season.

Emphasises why I said the next Manager has to be defensive minded, The Big Sam blueprint of keep clean shirts then you'll win games is exactly what's needed here.

I'm fully aware of what we need, but it's all well and good saying it when we could end up with just about anyone.

Suddenly we get a defensive minded coach in and then the goals dry up, what then?

You don't have to be a defensive minded coach by trade to sort out the stupid goals we're conceding, these are absolute basis mistakes happening every week! Any manager worth his salt at this level should be able to. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

With all due respect Tony, look at what happened Grayson and Moyes for all the experience they had?

Giggs has loads of contacts build up from his time at Man United, surely a few players could be sent our way not to mention his standing in World Football!

If there was investment thrown our way to sign players, I'm sure many players who relish the chance to work with Giggs compared to the likes of an Alan Stubbs or a Robbie Stockdale. 

I'd be well pissed off if we got boring Giggs.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 6:52am

Apparently a lot of money is going on Karanka he would probably sort the defence out but I doubt he would take the job and I wouldn't want him.

Knowing Sunderland AFC they will probably go for the cheap option Kevin Ball.

FFS

Embarrassed
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 7:14am
Wouldn't go for Giggs.His own dad said he wouldn't trust him to run a bath.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11311132113311341135 1451>
  Share Topic