You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11251126112711281129 1451>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He's never ever said that. You're making up stories again.

Simon Grayson  “O'Shea will miss it (the Hull game) because he picked up a calf injury against Sheffield United which he had with Ireland previously.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:38am
I see Lens is stuggling at Besiktas theres a surprise!
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 1:25pm
According to Simon Grayson Marc Wilson and John O'Shea should be recovered from injuries for tomorrow.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by heppies heppies wrote:

According to Simon Grayson Marc Wilson and John O'Shea should be recovered from injuries for tomorrow.

James Hunter local journo saying Marc Wison JOS and Aido facing fitness tests for tomorrow.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 6:37am

Its nine months since Sunderland won a home league game really can't see that changing today sadly!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 2:22pm
After seeing that starting line up I fear the worst.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 7:37am

Division 1 here we come.

Grayson sounds like someone who is out of his depth
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Division 1 here we come.

DM this was coming , but how can he be out of his depth I the Championship as he did a good job with Preston  ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Division 1 here we come.

DM this was coming , but how can he be out of his depth I the Championship as he did a good job with Preston  ?
Bizarre team selections tactics and substitutions have not helped Graysons cause.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 4:46pm

Division 1 here we come.

We both said it and we were both ridiculed for it! 
Hence why I said people who expected promotion or playoffs during the summer are beyond deluded.

To put into perspective at how bad the situation is - Club is already £70 million in the red this season, then a further £70 million in the red next season. Then afterwards the parachute payments stop - I saw some post last week about Short not backing Grayson and I honestly thought 'Are you for f**king real LOL'

There is no contingency plan because of the massive austerity measures the board put in place when they took over. I said 3 years ago Short was a liability but the fans still licked his arse, I said 2 years ago Short was a liability and I said it last year and they still licked his arse.
And guess what, he's not going to lose a penny from us because of the legal obligations to pay every penny back.

He must go before the club goes into indefinite administration in approximately 24 months from now, said it years ago man. Fresh investment and a fresh approach is the only way the boat stops sinking.

Edited by coyne - 24 Sep 2017 at 4:47pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:28pm
Its been no surprise to me we've struggled so far this season given the lack of money spent and the squad we have.

I always thought to get a mid table finish was the best we could have hoped for.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 7:20pm

Division 1 here we come.

Hence why I said people who expected promotion or playoffs during the summer are beyond deluded.

To put into perspective at how bad the situation is - Club is already £70 million in the red this season, then a further £70 million in the red next season. Then afterwards the parachute payments stop - I saw some post last week about Short not backing Grayson and I honestly thought 'Are you for f**king real LOL'

There is no contingency plan because of the massive austerity measures the board put in place when they took over. I said 3 years ago Short was a liability but the fans still licked his arse, I said 2 years ago Short was a liability and I said it last year and they still licked his arse.
And guess what, he's not going to lose a penny from us because of the legal obligations to pay every penny back.

He must go before the club goes into indefinite administration in approximately 24 months from now, said it years ago man. Fresh investment and a fresh approach is the only way the boat stops sinking.

Sunderland as a Championship club would be a hell of a lot more appealing than a League 1 club for potential buyers, so his asset stripping of the club is now being seen as rather foolish.

£5m - £10m would have seen the club easily being more competitive than what is being served up at the moment, right now we looked doomed already.

You could write a book on the failings of Sunderland football club, from the top to the bottom and it's no surprise where we are now.

I could gladly take finishing 18th or 19th somewhere as depressing as that sounds.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 7:49pm
Exactly GD I had a friend over from Dublin yesterday and I felt for him having to watch another depressing performance what a state we are in and Ipswich will be tough.

Edited by Double Maxim - 24 Sep 2017 at 7:50pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Division 1 here we come.

Sunderland as a Championship club would be a hell of a lot more appealing than a League 1 club for potential buyers, so his asset stripping of the club is now being seen as rather foolish.

£5m - £10m would have seen the club easily being more competitive than what is being served up at the moment, right now we looked doomed already.

You could write a book on the failings of Sunderland football club, from the top to the bottom and it's no surprise where we are now.

I could gladly take finishing 18th or 19th somewhere as depressing as that sounds.

Agreed pal. My only problem with Grayson at the moment is he's not sticking to his principles, he's just doing things out of desperation - He made a reputation for developing players and making has-beens look like Ronaldo for a season so why he's playing players out of position is against everything he stands for.

We have Wilson who's nearing the end of his career doing some good stuff but let down by everyone around him.
Adam Matthews the best from the dead return since The Undertaker, as much as Peter Lawwell is still laughing at that cheque he was given, he's actually done better than half a dozen of the players who's hearts just dont belong here anymore and literally all of them were regulars last season - The only exception I'd give to is N'Dong who I think is a severe confidence issue, he looks and plays like he's scared of the ball.

I'd much rather play them 3 than the likes of Kone and Cattermole who were finished with the club years ago.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:05pm
I think we've all learned that when supporting Sunderland be prepared for the lows far more often than the highsLOL

Funnily enough I really believed that this season we would be marooned in midtable with stability coming out of our ears, how wrong was I Dead

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I think we've all learned that when supporting Sunderland be prepared for the lows far more often than the highsLOL

Funnily enough I really believed that this season we would be marooned in midtable with stability coming out of our ears, how wrong was I Dead

Your certainly right about the lows GD this season already reminds of our relegation season to the old third division. I'm sick to death of walking over Wearmouth Bridge post match after another bad result.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:14pm
I don't think we'll go down again, I'll maintain what I said in the summer.

I think the exact same course Villa took will take place, I think around December time someone will give Short a cut your losses offer and he'll take it and we'll spend a bit more than a Freddo and a Kit Kat and finish in the bottom half.

But I do think Grayson needs to stick to his principles and don't go full Moyes because what he had intended isn't working.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:20pm

I don't think we'll go down again, I'll maintain what I said in the summer.

I think the exact same course Villa took will take place, I think around December time someone will give Short a cut your losses offer and he'll take it and we'll spend a bit more than a Freddo and a Kit Kat and finish in the bottom half.

But I do think Grayson needs to stick to his principles and don't go full Moyes because what he had intended isn't working.

I hope you're right mate!!! LOL

I agree on Grayson too, he's changing tactics non stop and it's frustrating as f**k because it takes time for players to adapt to certain systems/style of play etc no matter how much money they're on a week!

I'm still gobsmacked as to why we were left so short up front mind, the loan market really should have been used to bring another striker. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11251126112711281129 1451>
  Share Topic