You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ciarán Clark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 114>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 9:05am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by city4life city4life wrote:

i dont agree with playing for 2 countries but now that its official il support him as anything that edges mcshame closer to the door has to be good news,did ye see the state of the clown again last nite?cost hull another game what a retard!

You really are the biggest clown in the history of YBIG, what are ya, 10 or somethin, disgraceful!!

Agreed.  Disgraceful.
Sponsored Links

delidamo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delidamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 9:25am
Potentially great day for Irish Football, this lad is the future and i hope he continues to improve in the way he has over the past few months, should learn a lot from playing with Richie Dunne but at club level and internationally.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 10:35am
According to Irish Villa fans, he's a lot more closer to Ireland than grandparents. Dunney reckons he's got an Irish mum as well as Grandparents on his Dad's side.

http://astonvilla.ie/content.php?r=254-Ciaran-Clarke-for-Ireland&page=2

I'm absolutely delighted to see him come on board. Anyone who's questioned his commitment or his Irishness, needs their heads examined.

city4life View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote city4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 10:41am

how could you question the irishness of someone who has captained england and who has admitted he will play for ireland now cos he is not good enough to play for england!!!!!!!!!

bossofthemoss View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bossofthemoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 10:41am
from the villa website

"I did it for myself and my family. My family have done a lot for me over the years since I was a little boy and I owe them a lot so I've done it for them.

"My mum is from Ireland and all the family and the dad's side of the family, Irish all over the place.

"Dunney mentioned it to Ireland and they looked into it and got in contact with me and the club and they gave me time to think about it and about my decision.

"If all the paperwork has gone through by the next game, I'll be in contention so fingers crossed that happens. You just keep working hard and see what happens.

"They contacted me a week or so after the first game of the season. They gave me time to think it over and talk with the family and I've made my decision.

"I've been at Villa since I was 12. I came through the youth side. I grew up in London and then moved to Bedford when I was a young age and lived there since with my family"
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 10:45am

how could you question the irishness of someone who has captained england and who has admitted he will play for ireland now cos he is not good enough to play for england!!!!!!!!!

city4life , stop the fcuking sh1t now or you are going for a holiday until you calm down .

you have made your points no need to repeat them 100 times , no one agreed with them the first time LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
city4life View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote city4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 10:50am
im entitled to my opinion!there are lads coming on here saying he is as irish as they come,he is not!i will support him but you cant blow this under the carpet he has played for another country we are his 2nd choice!
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 10:53am

im entitled to my opinion!there are lads coming on here saying he is as irish as they come,he is not!i will support him but you cant blow this under the carpet he has played for another country we are his 2nd choice!

your opinon that paul mcshane is a retard on the other thread is not only wrong but its offensive , same as casting aspersions on clarks irishness ,

any more offensive guff from you and it will be picture no sound for a few days, your choice now

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 10:54am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

city4life , stop the fcuking sh1t now or you are going for a holiday until you calm down .

you have made your points no need to repeat them 100 times , no one agreed with them the first time LOL

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

your opinon that paul mcshane is a retard on the other thread is not only wrong but its offensive , same as casting aspersions on clarks irishness ,

any more offensive guff from you and it will be picture no sound for a few days, your choice now

Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sharpshooter View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharpshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 11:26pm
So how does Clark qualify?  Are both his parents Irish or what?

Edited by Sharpshooter - 21 Oct 2010 at 11:27pm
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 12:15am
both his parents are born in ireland, yes
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 12:42am
Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

both his parents are born in ireland, yes

Thought his ma was Irish and his da was Scottish....could be wrong.

Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 1:36am
he qualifies in the exact same way as me and my kids qualify - he's IRISH.

Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
Mick_G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

he qualifies in the exact same way as me and my kids qualify - he's IRISH.

Sorry Paddy I dont buy that at all,i'll support him and im delighted to have him on board but the fact is he prity much said he wasnt moving foward in the English set up so picked the Irish, come on hes not in the team for the Love of Ireland,its cause he cant get his game for England
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 2:35am
did you read what he actually said? He's 21, he's a young lad and it's easy just rattle some words off to a journo.
Mick_G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 2:38am
Yeah i did read what he said but if he was so "Irish" he would have been playing for us at underage level,nothing wrong with him wanting to play for his country but to call him Irish is stupid imo
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 2:41am
er . . . James McCarthy has been with us since he was 15 and I'm still reading rubbish here about him "going back to Scotland". You people are never happy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 114>
  Share Topic