Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=24045
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:18am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ciarán Clark
Posted By: Citizen
Subject: Ciarán Clark
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 11:30am
is he eligible for Ireland, he played for england for under 18s and 20s..loked very good today against west ham

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Replies:
Posted By: bossofthemoss
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 11:59am
Met him in Wright's a few weeks ago, He's very proud of his English heritage

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 12:35pm
Thought I read somewhere that his father is Irish, could be wrong though. The FAI scouts haven't done a great job in getting players on board (senior team) so you can basically say that this fella won't be playing for us either.

Posted By: donegalcelt
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 2:18pm

From Donegal Democrat last year

By Alan Foley
Aston Villa have rewarded Ciaran Clark for his progress to date by handing the 20-year-old and two-and-a-half year professional contract.
Although London born and an England underage international, Clark has stong Donegal connections. He is the grandson of Vera Clark, originally from Moyle Hill in Milford, but presently living in Manorcunningham.

Ciaran's father Michael, although born in Edinburgh when his family were working in Scotland for a time, is a former student of Drummond National School in Ballyare and played for Milford United under Fr Michael Herrity as a teenager.

Michael eventually decided to move to England to find work and his wife Peggy, from Drumshambo, Co Leitrim, who trained as a nurse in Letterkenny General Hospital, left with him in early 1989. Michael now works with the London Underground, although makes the trip home on two or three occasions a year to visit his sizable extended family that includes the McGinleys, Lynaghs, McMonagles, Sweeneys and McCuskers.

Clark made his first team debut in August in Villa's 2-0 Premier League win and has represented England at U-17, 18 and 19 brackets, as well as being called up to the U-21 squad.

"I've been with Villa since I was 12," Clark said. "It was great to make my Premier League debut and I hope I can push on and do well for Villa. I'm grateful and thankful for the new contract and now I'm going to knuckle down and work hard.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 5:10pm
Good piece. I hope he's not another Martin Keown though.

Posted By: Donal Cullen
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 11:26am
As ever its up to the person his self to decide whether or not to join us or stay on the dark side. Once he has made his decision there is no going back. Interestingly I was reading a World Cup piece over here in am American mago and they were expecting great things from Wayne Rooney in South Africa. "Of Irish Catholic roots in Liverpool" was how the piece went on as if that made any difference. Like this lad, Rooney made his choice and fair play to him for that.....PR1CK!Big%20smile

-------------
There are friendlier places to drink.

Posted By: Tuff Paddy
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 4:14am
Delighted to hear that Ciaran Clark from Aston Villa will be playing his international football with Ireland.

Anyone seen him play? His family are from Leitrim.

-------------
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 4:18am
Haven't seen him but heard great things.
This 100% TP?

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 4:22am
It was all over the media last month that Aston Villa were offering him to United as part of a deal to sign Michael Owen. Very promising future for the lad and Ireland Thumbs%20Up

I'd imagine there is only a tiny shred of truth in the rumour however anyone being linked with United must have ability Smile 

"Michael Owen could yet seal a switch to Aston Villa this January, with Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson considering a player-swap deal for the striker, with Villa centre-back Ciaran Clark going the other way" (Caughtoffside.com)

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 4:59am
it's in the Birmingham Mail and he has been unceremoniously removed from all parts off www.thefa.com

He was England under-19 and under-20 captain.

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:10am
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

it's in the Birmingham Mail and he has been unceremoniously removed from all parts off www.thefa.com

He was England under-19 and under-20 captain.

Ouch OUCH....a little bit embarrassing for the FA Embarrassed

The Mirror are not happy about it either

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/the-mole/Revealed-How-Aston-Villa-s-Richard-Dunne-is-snaffling-potential-England-players-for-Ireland-The-Mole-Column-article598043.html - http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/the-mole/Revealed-How-Aston-Villa-s-Richard-Dunne-is-snaffling-potential-England-players-for-Ireland-The-Mole-Column-article598043.html

Revealed: How Richard Dunne is snaffling potential England players for Ireland

By The Mole

Published 09:30 10/10/10 

Republic of Ireland skipper Richard Dunne has got a career ahead of him in recruitment once he retires.

Dunne talked ex-Manchester City team-mate Stephen Ireland into signing for Aston Villa in August – now he’s snaffled promising Villa defender Ciaran Clark for Ireland.

The 6ft 2ins centre half, who played for England at Under-18, 19 level and captained the Under 20s, has an Irish mother and grandparents.

Dunne said: “I overheard Clarky say that in the dressing room, so I went straight to the FAI and told them he’s going to be a top player.”

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:14am
Seriously high hopes for this lad at villa, this is great news for Ireland, good man Ciaran.

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:25am
Great news and some switch! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciaran_Clark - His Wiki page has been updated too.

Seems that Dicky Dunne had a hand in this.

I'd say the English FA are none too happy.

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:40am
ClapClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:42am
He will get his chance with Villa too, think he was named MOTM after West Ham game at start of season.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:44am
Get him in for Norway.

We need a ready made replacement for Dunne who isnt getting any younger.

Great news and fair play to Dunne for acting upon his earwigging.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:52am
hopefully he can play a few games beside Dunne at villa this season

Posted By: jb37
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:52am

Great stuff!

Posted By: JoeyLapira
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 6:47am
Bit more here:
http://greenscene.me/2010/10/richard-dunne-claims-ciaran-clark-has-declared-for-ireland/ - http://greenscene.me/2010/10/richard-dunne-claims-ciaran-clark-has-declared-for-ireland/

“I had a word with Clarky a couple of months ago, so I’m to blame,” Dunne admits. “I went straight onto our recruitment guy and he’s been in touch. It’s great. I think he has declared so once it goes through it will be great to have him in the squad."

Posted By: MintBerryCrunch
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:06am
Sure he probably will get picked for a cap and wont get called up because hes young

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:07am
He's one of the brightest young players in the Premier League, he's a huge talent. We are blessed to have young lads like this coming up. Be more positive please!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:09am
Im just saying Trap might think hes too young and shy to call him up. Big%20smile

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:19am
Get him the fook in to the squad asap Trap, this lad is a serious talent from what I have seen, can't wait to see him in the Irish jersey.

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:37am
Interview Tuff??

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: JoeyLapira
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:56am
He's already played more games this season in the Premier League than Wilson. Surely Trap should give him a chance (that said I'm a huge fan of Wilson).

Posted By: devondudley
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 8:08am
this is a great capture for us we dont have many center backs coming through,

when this story was in the star last week they also mentioned a lad from QPR who has declared as well

-------------
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 8:10am
Yeah this is all repetition of what came up in another thread last week.

Hogan Ephraim is the other lad.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 8:17am
Ciaran Clark and Shane Duffy are going to be two very good centre halves for us in the near future.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 8:20am
what a great looking back 4:

COLEMAN DUFFY CLARK CUNNINGHAM

-------------

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:03pm
Clark is class. Cannot wait to see him in green.

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 7:11am

Fook me that is gonna be quality! Clap

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: Carmody 10
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 7:14am
Clap

Need to get him capped asap

-------------
Out of order

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 8:11am

When you put it that way TP, the future looks so bright.
Fantastic potential from that quartet. Can you find another young 'keeper too?

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 8:13am
Ah Stoked, Westwood looks more than capable and is only 25/26.
I hope he gets the nod for Norway. Need to see more of this guy.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 8:18am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Ah Stoked, Westwood looks more than capable and is only 25/26.
I hope he gets the nod for Norway. Need to see more of this guy.

Yeah, I suppose, given that 'keepers can go on a lot longer - but I was thinking younger along the ages of the above quartet!

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 8:26am
Zoff won a World Cup at 40. Shay can go on for ages yet!

-------------

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 6:58am
Ciaran Clark added to Irish Abroad: http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/PlayerDetails?playerID=50716&seasonID=140 - http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/PlayerDetails?playerID=50716&seasonID=140

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 7:18am
good stuff

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 7:35am
Great news that a player with potential is declaring for us.  Good stuff. 

Wonder why he only chose to now though.  But welcome on board Ciaran. 

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 9:11am
Let's get a YBIG interview done with Ciaran Clark. So happy with this news.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:59am
he came on for Dunne after 12 minutes, didn't see what happened to dunner

edit: bad cut to ankle apparently

Posted By: daffyp
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 12:00pm
He's on for Dunne now,
big test for him vs Chelsea

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 12:00pm
G'wan ciaran!

Apparently a bad gash to dunnes ankle but should be ok

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 12:04pm
Any chance the words have actually came from his mouth. Would love it to be officially confirmed. Maybe waiting for paperwork to go through

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 12:12pm
ha.. he's been in my fantasy football squad all season and only coming across this thread.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 12:22pm
well everything about him has been removed from the FA's website. This lad has huge potential and Villa fans rave about him. Can't wait to see him in green. Exciting times.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 12:27pm
all of a sudden we seem to have very big potential coming through, all already playing premier league football. Now we just need a striker to come from nowhere!

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 1:20pm
it will happen, it always does. Look at some of the quality young lads bursting their up - Duffy, Coleman, Cunningham, McCarthy, Clark, Brady, Clifford.

Big, big days ahead. Clark just hit the post.

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 1:22pm
Have you seen Clifford Tuff? Hear he could be an amazing player for us. I hope he brings his promise thru to senior level.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: greenscene
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 2:34pm

it will happen, it always does. Look at some of the quality young lads bursting their up - Duffy, Coleman, Cunningham, McCarthy, Clark, Brady, Clifford.

If Meyler can recover from his injury and regain the form he had Id have him at the top of that list.
Im begininng to get excited about our futureBig%20smile

-------------
WWW.GREENSCENE.ME

Posted By: Belfast Green
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 3:10pm

Tuff,  agree totally with your post, we have real quality coming through, you could add Meyler & Wilson to that list also.

Robbie Brady is showing real promise since his return from injury and was superb for the u19's in the qualifiers.

Shane Duffy is with the 1st team squad for the merseyside derby tomorrow, some progress since his horrific injury.

I would like to see the Carling nations cup used specifically to give these lads proper senior international experience.

-------------
http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Belfast Green Belfast Green wrote:

Tuff,  agree totally with your post, we have real quality coming through, you could add Meyler & Wilson to that list also.

Robbie Brady is showing real promise since his return from injury and was superb for the u19's in the qualifiers.

Shane Duffy is with the 1st team squad for the merseyside derby tomorrow, some progress since his horrific injury.

I would like to see the Carling nations cup used specifically to give these lads proper senior international experience.

Agree 100%

This Carling Nations cup should be a way to fast track the likes of Coleman, Duffy, Wilson, Cunningham and McCarthy.
These lads need a few caps under their belt to get a feeling of how Traps system works.

Keane, Doyle, Dunne and Given etc have nothing to prove at this stage.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 3:53pm
I have no interest in seeing keane dunno etc play in friendlies, we need to blood these youngsters in these games. They do need to play with experienced players along side them to guide them through it. Can have a great bunch of lads ready in couple years if they're given a run out now. It's important to get them involved with the current crop of senior lads now

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 5:48pm
When you do blood them though you need some of the more experienced players to play as well and give them advice and help.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 5:48am
Originally posted by fear-glas fear-glas wrote:

When you do blood them though you need some of the more experienced players to play as well and give them advice and help.

Yea mix of the young and experienced would be great for Norway game. Probably wont happen though

Posted By: swhyte07
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 6:47am

Big, big days ahead. Clark just hit the post. [/QUOTE]
If Meyler can recover from his injury and regain the form he had Id have him at the top of that list.
Im begininng to get excited about our futureBig%20smile
[/QUOTE]

meyler retuned to training on friday.....................Clap

Posted By: city4life
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 8:16am
we will soon have to put 3 lions on our jersey why dont we go all out and play 11 english lads on the team!there is no way anybody who has played and captained england or any country for that matter be allowed play for us!

Posted By: baddler
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 8:48am
Originally posted by city4life city4life wrote:

we will soon have to put 3 lions on our jersey why dont we go all out and play 11 english lads on the team!there is no way anybody who has played and captained england or any country for that matter be allowed play for us!

i don't know whether to laugh or cry Confused

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 9:01am

Confused

You really are a gimp

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 9:04am
so denis you agree with a former english captain playing for ireland?you really have no pride

Posted By: Belfast Green
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 9:05am

Idiot Confused

-------------
http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 9:06am
Anti English man here who calls himself City4life

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 9:08am

so denis you agree with a former english captain playing for ireland?you really have no pride

Says the man part of whose username refers to Man City LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: Darren
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 10:29am

That James Connolly - born in Scotland and been in the British Army - he'll be OK to fight for Ireland's freedom, but no way could he be trusted to play football for us

Posted By: Mr Marbles
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 10:55am

I really hope this lad is a wind up merchant

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Mr Marbles Mr Marbles wrote:

I really hope this lad is a wind up merchant

I'd like to think so too. But Sadly I think he's very much a real poster

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 10:57am
i dont give a sh*t if its mongolia he played for,if you play for 1 country there is no way should be allowed play for another!would a former dublin captain play for meath?no.a former tipp captain  play hurling for for kk?no.a former english rugby captain play for ireland?no cos they all have pride in where they come from!

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 10:59am

i dont give a sh*t if its mongolia he played for,if you play for 1 country there is no way should be allowed play for another!would a former dublin captain play for meath?no.a former tipp captain  play hurling for for kk?no.a former english rugby captain play for ireland?no cos they all have pride in where they come from!

Confused 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 11:01am
By your theory City we would have done fcuk all in regards to qualifying for major tournaments becuase according to yourself, Aldridge,Houghton,McCarthy,Hughton,Townsend,Morris etc... shouldn't have  played for Ireland.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 11:11am
well at least back then we really had nobody 2 play for us, now we are begging every sort of a prick that drank a pint of guinness here 2 play for us and shaft real irish lads who want to play for us like andy reid,shamefull stuff we are the laughing stock of world football robbing players from scotland and the north and begging english rejects to play and falling out with our own lads who do want to play!

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 11:17am

well at least back then we really had nobody 2 play for us, now we are begging every sort of a prick that drank a pint of guinness here 2 play for us and shaft real irish lads who want to play for us like andy reid,shamefull stuff we are the laughing stock of world football robbing players from scotland and the north and begging english rejects to play and falling out with our own lads who do want to play!

LOL 

What part of Andy Reid was acting the bollix do you not understand. He's played fcuk all for Sunderland this season as well. PS begging players from the north Confused if they're are born on the island of Ireland they are entitled to an Irish passport.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 11:22am
ye and he has served his punishment by now enough is enough!he would still be better than green even if he had to tie his guitar 2 his ankle  during the game!

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 11:23am

ye and he has served his punishment by now enough is enough!he would still be better than green even if he had to tie his guitar 2 his ankle  during the game!

Reid has played fcuk all games for Sunderland this season and hasn't even played that well for them in it.

-------------

Posted By: 4tothefloor
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 11:40am
Where has all this Clark info come from? Cos AFAIK there's been nothing official from anyone. All there is is that quote from Dunne. Is this official?

Posted By: The Drifter
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 12:24pm

because an english-born player decided to pledge for us? we weren't chasing anybody here. he'd be of more use to our team than leon best and paul green that's for sure. man, the boy captained england but has decided to pledge his allegiance to us, he would actually have a good chance of making the england squad but he sees his future with ireland because of his roots, not because he'd feel he'd be playing second fiddle trying to play for england.

-------------
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 12:40pm
he captained england 4 ffs,he cant just turn around now and say he is irish!look at the way artetta can play 4 england but do you think they will lower themselves 2 ask him 2 play 4 them?not a chance cos the fans and players would cause uproar,pity we wont do the same!

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 12:53pm

he captained england 4 ffs,he cant just turn around now and say he is irish!look at the way artetta can play 4 england but do you think they will lower themselves 2 ask him 2 play 4 them?not a chance cos the fans and players would cause uproar,pity we wont do the same!

arteta only chose to england because he wasn't getting a spain call up...

this boy has every chance of an england call up so it's not a case of us as a backdoor to international football.

-------------

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 1:09pm
this is fantastic news, this lad will be a very important player for us in the future..well done richie dunneClap

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: baddler
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 1:40pm

who the hell are you to say whether he feels more Irish than English?  Are you his ma or something?

Grow up ffs

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 1:48pm
City4life you are an absolute idiot. You know nothing about this lad and I would just like to distance all decent Ireland fans from comments like yours.

By the way - my kids have English accents and they wear Ireland shirts. I'd love to see you try telling them what nationality they are.

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 1:50pm
Arteta and Almunia playing for England has been ruled out AFAIK...

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 1:50pm
Lads do not even enterain a wind up merchant like this. 

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 2:11pm

Granted but in this guys case, his whole mams side of the family are irish AFAIK. He's born in England and got called up for England first. But obviously he feels Anglo-Irish and he is happy to come on board and play with us now the opportunity is there

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 3:12pm
city4life, you really do make some stupid arguments at the best of times.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 4:15pm
i see your point tuff paddy but your kids have not played for england?my point is you just cant play for a country and then turn around and play for another its just wrong

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 4:16pm
Get Clark in the squad.

We are a unique country that has a very wide diaspora.

The irish are all over the world.

Why would we ever want to stop some of them coming home and playing for us?

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 6:35pm

Clark came on for Dunne the other day ahead of the more experienced Cuellar who was kept on the bench and has been very good this season, this can only be seen as a huge indication of how highly Houllier rates him, lets get him in Trap and give the lad a chance.

Posted By: n.iron
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:10pm

i see your point tuff paddy but your kids have not played for england?my point is you just cant play for a country and then turn around and play for another its just wrong
FIFA rules state that you can change associations once. As long as your under twenty one,

Not having played for a full international cap,

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:13pm
them rules are a joke,i know thats what they are but its still just wrong!

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:20pm

City4life you are an absolute idiot. You know nothing about this lad and I would just like to distance all decent Ireland fans from comments like yours.

By the way - my kids have English accents and they wear Ireland shirts. I'd love to see you try telling them what nationality they are.

Kinna confused with what your saying Paddy.Are you trying to say that your kids are Irish and not English?
If they where born in England with Irish parents or any other nationality .
They are  English born.
They can still play and support Ireland or England.
I hope I picked this up right .And no offence if didn't.Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by n.iron n.iron wrote:

Kinna confused with what your saying Paddy.Are you trying to say that your kids are Irish and not English?
They are  English born.

Born in England. But they are Irish.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:25pm

them rules are a joke,i know that's what they are but its still just wrong!
What are you on about.Rules are Rules.And as an ROI supporter .You better start thinking twice.Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

They are  English born.

Am i missing something.
Born in England=English
Born in Ireland =Irish
Born in china =Chinese.

Now if you wanna say that the kids are Irish .That's fine with me.(but they ain't).
They may have Irish parents Irish background.Irish behaviour.BUT, They where not born on Irish soil.Hence making them English with Irish Parents.Thumbs%20Up

Opps sorry they could have Irish passpots,

Posted By: Swing Mickey
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:42pm
Lost in Time due to poxy moderation

Posted By: Sharpshooter
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 8:02pm
So by you're logic Paul McGrath or David O'Leary aren't Irish?

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 8:09pm

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

They are  English born.

Am i missing something.
Born in England=English
Born in Ireland =Irish
Born in china =Chinese.

Now if you wanna say that the kids are Irish .That's fine with me.(but they ain't).
They may have Irish parents Irish background.Irish behaviour.BUT, They where not born on Irish soil.Hence making them English with Irish Parents.Thumbs%20Up

Do you say that to the folk up there? Born in Ireland yet somehow British

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 8:15pm

What does it matter like if it wasnt for the Granny Rule we wouldnt of had the great tournaments of Euro 88 , WC 90 , WC 94 and WC 2002 Thumbs%20Up  Our Domestic League isnt strong so theres barely any foreign players plying their trade here , but i still think its a credit to our National team that every player has some sort of connection to Ireland wheather its Kevin Doyle from Wexford , St Ledgers family from Carlow or Gibson from Derry...Going down the route of Germany with Cacau , Croatia with Eduardo and Serbia with Cleo just because they played club football long enough to earn a passport is something i do not agree with....Maybe Liam Lawerence might never thought of playing for Ireland before but does he give a 100% everytime he plays? Yes he does...Does he feel Irish? Dame right he does , whats the problem Confused Lads like Jamie O"Hara , Kevin Nolan and Dave Kitson forget about them we are clearly not "good enough" Angry i understand most lads we"ve got from England would never get a call up for them but atleast they want to play for Ireland and thats what counts.....Future"s bright lads come on Ireland Clap

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: PaddyDolan86
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 11:39pm
Am i missing something.
Born in England=English
Born in Ireland =Irish
Born in china =Chinese.

Do you say that to the folk up there? Born in Ireland yet somehow British

WinkClap

I am born in America but would gladly jump at the chance to play for Ireland due to my Irish heritage.  If Clark feels more Irish than English, than that is his right, and we should be happy to have him!

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 1:08am
If a dog is born in a stable, does it mean he is a horse??

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 2:02am
I don't know where to begin laughing at that post. But keep producing international footballers for Ireland, you're doing a great job for us.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net