Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Niall Quinn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 23>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 10:09am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

Apologies to those looking on here for my last post. For some odd reason I picked up on the Xavi quote in Roberto Baggio`s post and on reflection, my rant about Xavi was both unfair and irrelevant to this thread - which is a celebration of Quinner`s birthday.

I wrote it from a context of being absolutely skint and about to tap up my sister for a loan. So sub-consciously, I was prob mad jealous of the gifted Xavi`s millions Cry

As for Quinner, (to stay in thread), he`s a great role model for the young footballers who dream of playing for the ROI, same as O`Driscoll is for the rugby youngsters. Both are modest, share the same love and pride in wearing the green jersey, and their combined legacy sets down a great benchmark for future generations.    

I suppose pics are out of the question?
not an unreasonable request IMO
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 10:12am
i like her already, she has money LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 1:46pm
Gave a good insight, on second captains last night on rte, into the problems of youth soccer in Ireland and how he regrets bringing over 15 and 16 year olds from ireland to sunderland when he was chairman knowing that they would probably never make it at sunderland. He also says how their should be a system to ensure that young players can play in ireland at a good level up to the age of 19 and 20 and then successfully move across to england. Said how he had a choice between signing mignolet or an irish keeper for 1m but went with mignolet as mignolet was also focused on education and not just the money. 
Also took roy keane of the wall of top 10 irish sports players LOL
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
stan the man View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan the man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Gave a good insight, on second captains last night on rte, into the problems of youth soccer in Ireland and how he regrets bringing over 15 and 16 year olds from ireland to sunderland when he was chairman knowing that they would probably never make it at sunderland. He also says how their should be a system to ensure that young players can play in ireland at a good level up to the age of 19 and 20 and then successfully move across to england. Said how he had a choice between signing mignolet or an irish keeper for 1m but went with mignolet as mignolet was also focused on education and not just the money. 
Also took roy keane of the wall of top 10 irish sports players LOL

Migs is a bright guy. Thumbs Up
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 5:34pm
I wish Quinny was still at SAFC I miss him.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 6:14pm
T'was triffic on 2nd Captains last night
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 6:21pm
second captains should knock the humour on the head. Do not think it works. Rep of telly is funnier for feck sake :).

anybody got Niall quinn's broadband.
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 6:38pm
That second captains is awful pish.Sid Waddell's rugby post about it was brilliant
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
085immersive View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 085immersive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 10:41pm
Rubbish programme but good points from Quinn about young players going to England etc. Points that have been made over and over on here. He should be running the FAI.
benchwarmer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benchwarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 11:34am
Originally posted by 085immersive 085immersive wrote:

Rubbish programme but good points from Quinn about young players going to England etc. Points that have been made over and over on here. He should be running the FAI.

He'd have to marry into the Delaney family to be considered as a possible head of the FAI.
Made some good points on second captains. The funny banter worked on radio but looks really stale on tv. There is f**k all else of note to watch in respect of irish sport so i can put up with it.

''I'm a utd fan cause me da was a utd fan''- Irish utd fan
Amby Fogarty View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amby Fogarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 12:09pm
How is the big fellas internet company doing in Ireland ?
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 2:31pm
His gaff in Kildare is up for sale at a cool 2.5m

http://balls.ie/football/niall-quinn-selling-house-suitably-tall-price/
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 2:42pm
Top quality gaff. Wonder where he is off to.

Mrs Quinn Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 3:25pm
Anywan ever don a suit and arrange aviewing for one of these big gaffs for a nosy
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 3:30pm
Its a stunning house.Quinn invited me down to the house to sign his shirts I had of his and also his own shirts from his career.Sound man.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 12:31am
Interesting comment about Second Captains and how cringey the concept looks when televised. I thought the OTB team were excellent on Newstalk and Mc Devitt, Murph and Earley were the quintessence of engaging radio. I listened every night while bringing my dog for an extended walk but now listen to Radio 5 or TalkSport, as the revamped OTB massively disappoints me.

Quinner has often talked about the issue of young Irish football talent going to Britain - whether that`s to England, Scotland or Wales. There`s this myth that unless you go away at 16 and avail of a club`s professional coaching, then you`ll never make the grade.

Half the ROI squad began their careers in the LOI and many of them didnt leave these shores till their early 20`s. My cousin is a scout for a Premier League team and the big difference with Irish parents as opposed to their British counterparts is the emphasis on education.

John O`Shea is a classic example of this, where his parents insisted on him completing the Leaving Cert before signing for Man Utd. Kevin Moran went further, completing a Commerce degree in UCD before playing for Shelbourne and then starting every game as a centre-half for Man Utd.

No doubt Quinner would approve, to see starry-eyed Irish youngsters get an education first and a skillset to equip them for the job market, in case their dream of pro football doesnt work out.
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 10:38pm
Quinner on ss1 now
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 7:03am
Quinn on talksport in the next hour.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 23>
  Share Topic