FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russia vs Slovakia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Propagandhi® View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Russia vs Slovakia
    Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 6:58pm

I think both Russia and Slovakia are better technically than Italy and of course a lot of teams are better than the French team that we faced. I think they will probably be the two hardest tests of the Trap era. Of course we showed way too much tactical naivete in both Italy matches. I hope history doesn't repeat itself. Maybe the fact that Trap isn't from Eastern Europe will help. I'm resigned to the fact that Kilbane will start both games which will put us at a huge disadvantage from the off. I just hope that Andrews comes in for Green because the stars aren't aligning for a Fahey or Gibson start and of course Meyler, McCarthy and Wilson are stories for a different day. I don't need to elaborate on my opinions of Green and Kilbane. God bless the lad (Green) but he isn't up to this level and Kilbane played adequately against Armenia and Andorra but Russia and Slovakia have some of the best young wingers in international football and I fear that Killer won't know what will hit him.

Sponsored Links

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

congrats to slovakia , it actually makes it easier now for us to come first , but harder to come in the top two !!
if we beat russia at home they are in serious trouble , they will come looking for a draw i think but are dangerous enough to get the win , HUGE game.

slovak goal was fantastic and there was soem excellent defending, zilnia will be tricky

Ya think!? Going to be an extremely difficult game and a draw would be a huge result.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 3:49am
congrats to slovakia , it actually makes it easier now for us to come first , but harder to come in the top two !!
if we beat russia at home they are in serious trouble , they will come looking for a draw i think but are dangerous enough to get the win , HUGE game.

slovak goal was fantastic and there was soem excellent defending, zilnia will be tricky
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Can someone please explain to me how Slovakia winning tonight was a good result for us? Some people on here are nuts thinking this was good for us, absolute disaster of a result.

Agree.
Russia will come all gung ho in October and it more or less means we will have to match Slovakia's result in Moscow.

Draw would have been ideal but f**k it, worry about our own games. 

gung ho...exactly! which leaves themselves vulnerable to attack! i'm confident we can get a 1-0 win.
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:58pm
If we want to qualify on top from this group, we should be concentrating on our results and not sh*tting ourselves about others. We have 6 points, good confidence and neither Russia or Slovakia are world beaters, far from it. Our lads are capable of beating both of these sides at home and hopefully have enough character these days to go away to both countries and get a result. I aint overly worried about that Slovak shock win.
simon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Great result for the Slovaks, congrats Aarhat and the lads. These October games look like they could be the making or breaking of us qualifying, even at this early stage. Like Carmody said above, 4 points and we are still in the driving seat.

Cant see Ireland to get more then 2 draws from next 2 games.Your abillities to win any match are very poor.Defense solid strikers ok but middfield under average.Not able to create decent chances.Set pieces are your only threat.Not saying you cant beat Russia or Slovakia but would surprise me with that a lot.

Next 2 games says  a lot.2 more wins for us with 2 games against Andorra and home game against Armenia in hand and im going to look for acomm.in Ukraine and Poland.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

Can someone please explain to me how Slovakia winning tonight was a good result for us? Some people on here are nuts thinking this was good for us, absolute disaster of a result.
Jasus hardly a disaster sono, If we manage a point off Slovakia next month and take all three against Russia, We are in a seriously good position. Ok, Saying that is one thing and doing it is another, But certainly not a disaster.

Carmody no one expected Slovakia to take all 3 points from that game tonight apart from Barlow, when Trap would have looked at all the games he would have had Russia to be on 6 points after 2 games and not Slovakia, its a disaster IMO, need to go and beat Slovakia next month or else it could be a long campaign.

For the record I cant see us beating Slovakia or Russia away by the way.

Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Agree.
Russia will come all gung ho in October and it more or less means we will have to match Slovakia's result in Moscow.

So we will have to rise the occassion as i said earlier. Russia are well and truly beatable, Whether they come gung ho or not, You know yourself(well hopefully) the 11 players on the pitch will know how much of a massive game it is and therefore give everything(like they did against france) to take a massive three points.

And exactly Thumbs%20Up
Out of order
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:42pm

Agree.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:40pm

Jasus hardly a disaster sono, If we manage a point off Slovakia next month and take all three against Russia, We are in a seriously good position. Ok, Saying that is one thing and doing it is another, But certainly not a disaster.
Out of order
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:38pm
Arhat123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arhat123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:33pm
thanks, september matches signed off macedonia,armenia, let see in october who will be next.... four points for Ireland very difficult task for October, when you earn two draws, then it will detective story probably :))
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:22pm

Great result for the Slovaks, congrats Aarhat and the lads. These October games look like they could be the making or breaking of us qualifying, even at this early stage. Like Carmody said above, 4 points and we are still in the driving seat.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by CPS89 CPS89 wrote:

Some result in Russia, Surley this is a confidence boost for us as now we will go into the game knowing that Russia are well and truly beatable, Not only away, But at home aswell.

Bring on the russians and lets kill them off early !

GWAN IRELAND 

well we'll be playing on the artificial patch in the olympic stadium and it will be a bigger, more hostile crowd so might be more of a task then slovakia had today. also, the goal was an absolute gift from russia. just saying all the same, i always felt that both sides are beatable if we have the right mentality.
Exactly, Are aim must be to top this group.
If we can manage a point in Slovakia and take all 3 off Russia, The ball is in our court and(to an extent)qualification is ours to lose.
Out of order
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:08pm

Some result in Russia, Surley this is a confidence boost for us as now we will go into the game knowing that Russia are well and truly beatable, Not only away, But at home aswell.

GWAN IRELAND 

well we'll be playing on the artificial patch in the olympic stadium and it will be a bigger, more hostile crowd so might be more of a task then slovakia had today. also, the goal was an absolute gift from russia. just saying all the same, i always felt that both sides are beatable if we have the right mentality.

Edited by CPS89 - 07 Sep 2010 at 6:09pm
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
Arhat123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arhat123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:04pm

GWAN IRELAND 

everybody is beatable in national football between first three pots, but have you seen todays Russians game? is hard to say Russians played bad football, they had several semi-chances they no dissapointed me, but we Slovaks were very tricky [;) with seven defence orientated players] be aware of Russians.

Arhat123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arhat123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:57pm
but what was wrong with Vitek under carpet?? he got knee injury and one year he not played football and then you need get full fitness very long time. I no sign off sestak definitely, but I only see situation in squad, what tactic we play. Once again: we play 4-2-3-1 behind central striker-sestak cannot play, are best options: stoch-hamsik-weiss(jendrisek superb play against Italy) and Sestak has difficulty play this, because he has problem to run back and defending. He will in 2012 almost thirty, till this time stoch-hamsik no chance take their possition and weiss,jendrisek improve a lot. Central striker can play only holosko or vitek, then Nemec, or Oravec. But I dont see space for Sestak. Last qualification he played, because stoch,weiss only came in as unexperienced, but why you think he was benched in WC? because in weiss tactics he is unusefull. When we wont have injuries, probably there arising troubles with him, same scenario as Mintal, Jakubko opened mounths and i have seen Sestak talks : why i was benched in WC i deserved etc. this is not good for team spirit. Only injuries, cards could bring him back for several games..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:53pm

GWAN IRELAND 
Out of order
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic