Subject: Russia vs Slovakia
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:13am
0-0 will do nicely in this one. Kicked off 10 minutes ago

Replies:
Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:15am
hoping for a 0-0 alright. Or 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc for that matter haha

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: dunloybhoy
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:20am
def take a 0-0

-------------
put em under pressure!

Posted By: keitho5
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:29am
wat a goal

-------------
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:29am

edit 1-0 slovakia

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:31am
Take a bow son!!

Keeper Dead

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: PropagandhiŽ
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:35am
Russia are no great shakes. The aura around travelling to Russia is more intimidating than their team. I'm more worried about Slovakia. It's a pity Macedonia had to concede on Friday. Angry

-------------
"I Shall Not Be Provoked." Propagandhi, 2010

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:40am
1-0 Slovakia? Well much better than 1-0 Russia. Hopefully stays like this and then last minute goal for Russia. Think this group will be very open

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:44am
Draw please....

Not bothered bout Slovak goal, its better than if Russia had gone ahead.

The draw is still on....

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:48am

Christ lads, slovakia look very dangerous.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:53am
Slovakia getting 3 points at Russia is a disaster for us if we want to win the group. Equaliser for Russia would do nicely.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:54am
draw still on.Slovakia definitely not bad, Stoch is a very tricky player.True shame indeed Macedonia couldnt hold on for a draw last Friday

-------------

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:16am
Arshavin should have scored there

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:30am
Russia have had some good chances alright, all we want is the 1

-------------

Posted By: Garak
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:40am
Russia coming close, just need to make the chances work.

Posted By: JH91
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:43am
looking like Slovakia will hold out

Posted By: Gavintheslob
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:51am
this will not be a good result for us

-------------
Its very frustrating being a Slob

Posted By: The Drifter
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:54am
i told yas stoch is a good player. i actually think this is a good result for us. we're more than capable of beating slovakia home and away. they're not the strongest team in the world. they are vulnerable. i'd be more confident of us beating them than russia. i think russia just underestimated them like they did slovenia in the play offs

-------------
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Posted By: JH91
1-0 Slovaks Result

Posted By: Tuff Paddy
0-1 Slovakia win in Moscow. Wowzers.

-------------
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:55am
Fook!!!

That's a great result for Slovakia, bad for us

Posted By: Gavintheslob
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:55am
1-0 slovakia game over

-------------
Its very frustrating being a Slob

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by CPS89 CPS89 wrote:

i told yas stoch is a good player. i actually think this is a good result for us. we're more than capable of beating slovakia home and away. they're not the strongest team in the world. they are vulnerable. i'd be more confident of us beating them than russia. i think russia just underestimated them like they did slovenia in the play offs

Did you watch that game?! Slovakia were very very good.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:58am
yeh but did you see the amount of chances russia had more to the point?!! their defence ain't the may west. we got 3 goals against them in euro 2008 qualifying.

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:58am

Slovakia were very good at the World Cup and people seemed to have brushed them aside when drawn in our group........this result might open people's eyes!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:59am
they have dangermen as any team do but i believe we can get a good result against them

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:01pm

yeh but did you see the amount of chances russia had more to the point?!! their defence ain't the may west. we got 3 goals against them in euro 2008 qualifying.

Slovakia '10 are a completely different problem to us than than Slovakia '07. To go away and win in Russia is a great result for any team.

A draw would have been a better result for us as both teams would have dropped points. Russia's next game is in Dublin too, they won't want to lose two games in a row

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:04pm
well the fact they lost tonight will also make them go all out attack in dublin, which in turn will leave them vulnerable, which we can take advantage of unless they get themselves an away win to balance out this home defeat, they can almost consider themselves out of the running in only the 3rd game. this is a good position for us when you think about it.

-------------

Posted By: MARTY
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:10pm
This result for Slovakia really sets the group into a very interesting battle.

Agree with CPS...Russians will now come to Dublin needing to  win back dropped points.

That last minute goal Slovakia got at home to Macedonia may be crucial, let's hope we're not cursing it next year.
3pts for us now against Russia at home next month is even more massive than before.

Interesting Interesting.....

-------------
Still broke?...blame it all on Gary Mackay...Nov' 87

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:10pm
we have to beat russia at home.

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Posted By: Arhat123
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:19pm
I want to see very nervous Ireland side coming to Zilina trying win a game and deadly answers will coming from m.stoch,hamsik and recovered Vittek.You know, as I know Irish after poor defeat against angry Russians 0-3 in Dublin it will 2-0 before kick off - fear factor in Zilina against us.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:20pm
Congratulations Arhat, Slovakia played really well tonight.
Hopefully we'll beat Russia in Dublin and head to Zilina to drink the place dry

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:33pm
Fecking hell. Not many teams go to Russia and win. Ireland's home game against Russia is a must not lose game.

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Congratulations Arhat, Slovakia played really well tonight.
Hopefully we'll beat Russia in Dublin and head to Zilina to drink the place dry

thanks. Yes, you need take three points, but Russians will be under pressure, this need good tactics. Personaly I no believe, that Russians again no score and it will be hard task to score twice, because Ireland always hard to score.

If you win, you almost sign off Russians, on the other hand if you dropp points it will be harder for you in SLovakia.

Everything could change many dropped points against Macedonia, we have good draw, because we play over there last game of the campaign and under big pressure and for Macedonia in this tame game for nothing we could win over there. Our coach said that decisives games are in Macedonia, it look right.

Posted By: Pubes
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:37pm
why are people getting so upset and worried already because slovakia beat russia?
we were in it to win it..who cares about the other results.. 1 game at a time..and lets go to win them all!
yes its true - we now need to beat russia at home or face an uphill challenge but wernt we always looking to win that game!
we beat russia at home and they are chasing us and slovakia for the rest of the campaign.. russia had a few years there of doing well but now they are going back to become the 3rd seeded team they once were

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:41pm
We should beat Russia at home. Guus Hiddink isn't there manager anymore. Slovakia are our main challengers.

-------------

Posted By: Donal Cullen
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 1:18pm
The result was a wee bit of an upset but in a way it throws the group open as results against the head usually do. But it will all be for naught if we don't beat Andorra.

-------------
There are friendlier places to drink.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 1:19pm
Russia 1 - 0 Slovakia

Slovakia caused a major upset this afternoon when they travelled to Moscow and defeated the Group B favourites Russia 1-0 to upset predictions in Ireland's group of the UEFA 2012 Championship qualifying series.

Slovakia scored the critically important goal in the 27th minute of the match through Miroslav Stoch and while Russia were on top for much of the game afterwards they failed to claim an equaliser.

Stoch cut into the Russia defence from the left wing and hammered a right-foot shot high into the far corner for a goal that was calculated to inspire.

Manager Dick Advocaat declared himself happy with the return when he guided Russia for the first time in their opening match in the qualifying series and they defeated Andorra 2-0 in Andorra.

They came back strongly against Slovakia as they sought an equalising goal. They had the ball in the net in the second half but their claims were correctly disallowed because of an offside decision.

The result should be a huge incentive for Ireland for it confirms that Russia, who are going through a period of transition, may not be as strong as was originally feared.

Slovakia competed in the World Cup finals in South Africa in June and they showed the benefits of regular matches together. Their win over Russia meant they went to the top of the table in Group B, a position Ireland can take from them if they succeed in defeating Andorra by more than one goal.

Slovakia won their opening game of the tournament when they scored a goal in added time to defeat Macedonia 1-0.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 1:27pm
means beating russia is a big result for us then!

-------------
put em under pressure!

Posted By: jon'o
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 1:35pm
We could top the group tonight lads!! Wink

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 1:36pm
DAM RIGHT, A GOOD 5 GOAL TANNING AND WERE LANDED

-------------
put em under pressure!

Posted By: deisedevil
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 2:01pm

Posted By: simon
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 4:05pm
Ups what a problem turned up.I have to go collect my money to BoyleTongue
Our coach knew well why he wanted to play Russians early.Advoccat doesnt know his players yet.We were bit lucky but i dont care.I was expecting our second goal in the second half and bit easier game after that.But we are really missing Sestak and Vittek.Skrtel was outstanding today, Stoch kept them busy at back and Hamsik was everywhere.
My view is that its going to be harder agianst Ireland cos they never will send 3 strikers at same time on the pitch and never open play as Russians did.Its going to be so hard to create any chances.And it might take only one.
But there is Armenia before that and Ireland v Russia where we would like to see a draw.
We have a great team now which know how to win tough matches.
SVK - NI 2:1
SVK - POL 2:1 ...0:1 5mins. to go
CZE - SVK 1:2
NI - SVK 0:2
POL - SVK 0:1
ITA - SVK 2:3
dont count San Marino
Draws: SVK - CZE 2:2
            NZ - SVK 1:1
Lost twice against Slovenia and once to Paraguay and WC finalist Netherlands.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 4:16pm
simon - I see Vitek, he miss, but Sestak is out of form and who would be benched instead him? - stoch,hamsik,jendrisek or sign off weiss?As a winger is Sestak poor in one to one play and static, hamsik, stoch working hard as you told, they are everywhere and Weiss with more game minutes in Rangers he will improve during the season. We play after october games, in next year march-jun against Andora and autumn rest of the games, till this time youngsters will more mature, somebody new could be added who jump in and we could be far better team, but without sestak he will almost thirty etc... Today Holosko if showed more quality in combination with head, we could win 3-0. But in situations two to two, two to one in many situations he was very poor. Holosko is especialy runner, he work hard with aggression, this is very opposite against Sestak who no working hard enough and is too static. Vitek know lock a ball when we need and play better combinations. We need in future striker who is more complete player. Jendrisek is slowly improving, but he need play first eleven in Schalke, or Sylvester if improved it could be interesting to see.

You right hamsik played very well, I hope Kucka take little break after 16 games in two months for games in October, because in Armenia with poor performance we can easily drop points, but they look mature team, who is not childish...

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 4:19pm

I predict that we will show Russia too much respect and get a spanking against Slovakia.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Arhat123 Arhat123 wrote:

simon - I see Vitek, he miss, but Sestak is out of form and who would be benched instead him? - stoch,hamsik,jendrisek or sign off weiss?As a winger is Sestak poor in one to one play and static, hamsik, stoch working hard as you told, they are everywhere and Weiss with more game minutes in Rangers he will improve during the season. We play after october games, in next year march-jun against Andora and autumn rest of the games, till this time youngsters will more mature, somebody new could be added who jump in and we could be far better team, but without sestak he will almost thirty etc... Today Holosko if showed more quality in combination with head, we could win 3-0. But in situations two to two, two to one in many situations he was very poor. Holosko is especialy runner, he work hard with aggression, this is very opposite against Sestak who no working hard enough and is too static. Vitek know lock a ball when we need and play better combinations. We need in future striker who is more complete player. Jendrisek is slowly improving, but he need play first eleven in Schalke, or Sylvester if improved it could be interesting to see.

You right hamsik played very well, I hope Kucka take little break after 16 games in two months for games in October, because in Armenia with poor performance we can easily drop points, but they look mature team, who is not childish...

I like Sestak style.He is our Inzaghi.He has the same smell for goals and can pick right place in box.
I expected more from Holosko today.This game was made to suit him!But midfield was to busy defending and right side was dead for attacks with Karhan.He cant do combinations thats right.
Armenia is going to be tricky game and with trying to win some players have to play carefully cos 2 yellows.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by PropagandhiŽ PropagandhiŽ wrote:

I predict that we will show Russia too much respect and get a spanking against Slovakia.

i'd disagree man. we won't show them any respect. we'll know that if we beat them, it's a 2 horse race between ourselves and slovakia. the problem was in the last qualifiers, we didn't play italy until march in the 2010 qualifying and it was away so we were always going to go for the draw and be happy with that. here, we have a situation where we're in the driving seat and if we win, it's going to be very very difficult for russia as we'll be on 9 points from the same number of games and they're only on 3. sets us up beatifully for the slovakia game.

-------------

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by PropagandhiŽ PropagandhiŽ wrote:

Good to see your backing Ireland all the way! Let's hope your predictions are wrong

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:41pm
simon- inzaghi style?! Sestak never play on the offside line, we play one striker, he cant take this position and wingers are there better. i dont see him as a useful, if vitek,holosko,jendrisek keep fit. maybe in games, if we play two strikers...he slowly will be sign off i predict. He not played against Italy, Netherland. Let now he not played in Russia, all our best games he mess. I see him, that he lost little motivation to improve and fall into stagnation. I have seen him in Turkish league, last season with Bochum was poor, he had injuries, but i see his mentality from TV reports what is inside him, we qualified WC and he said: we can be happy, that we qualified, already is this enough, something like that never say skrtel,hamsik,stoch,weiss they have more inspiring mentality...

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:47pm
cps89- you right, if Ireland beat Russia, for them begining serious trouble, because every next dropped point make them out not only from first position, but possibly from second. If everybody earn 18 points (maccedonia,armenia,andorra) there sure Ireland or Slovakia make more than 24 points, what is Russians maximum, next draw in Slovakia, or in Macedonia sign them off definitely...you right.

But on the other hand propagandhi seen thinking about that, if Russia beat Ireland what will happen in Irish players heads. it is not good draw for you, because after four days you come to Zilina and we know, that we going sign off Ireland and you need three points back..

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Arhat123 Arhat123 wrote:

simon- inzaghi style?! Sestak never play on the offside line, we play one striker, he cant take this position and wingers are there better. i dont see him as a useful, if vitek,holosko,jendrisek keep fit. maybe in games, if we play two strikers...he slowly will be sign off i predict. He not played against Italy, Netherland. Let now he not played in Russia, all our best games he mess. I see him, that he lost little motivation to improve and fall into stagnation. I have seen him in Turkish league, last season with Bochum was poor, he had injuries, but i see his mentality from TV reports what is inside him, we qualified WC and he said: we can be happy, that we qualified, already is this enough, something like that never say skrtel,hamsik,stoch,weiss they have more inspiring mentality...

I hate that mentality : we achieved enough cos we qualified...but Vittek had 2 maybe 3 bad years for national team and he scored 4 goals on WC.So i dont write Sestak off yet.Hope he will bounce back even better!

Posted By: Carmody 10
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:53pm
Some result in Russia, Surley this is a confidence boost for us as now we will go into the game knowing that Russia are well and truly beatable, Not only away, But at home aswell.

Bring on the russians and lets kill them off early !

GWAN IRELAND 

-------------
Out of order

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:57pm
but what was wrong with Vitek under carpet?? he got knee injury and one year he not played football and then you need get full fitness very long time. I no sign off sestak definitely, but I only see situation in squad, what tactic we play. Once again: we play 4-2-3-1 behind central striker-sestak cannot play, are best options: stoch-hamsik-weiss(jendrisek superb play against Italy) and Sestak has difficulty play this, because he has problem to run back and defending. He will in 2012 almost thirty, till this time stoch-hamsik no chance take their possition and weiss,jendrisek improve a lot. Central striker can play only holosko or vitek, then Nemec, or Oravec. But I dont see space for Sestak. Last qualification he played, because stoch,weiss only came in as unexperienced, but why you think he was benched in WC? because in weiss tactics he is unusefull. When we wont have injuries, probably there arising troubles with him, same scenario as Mintal, Jakubko opened mounths and i have seen Sestak talks : why i was benched in WC i deserved etc. this is not good for team spirit. Only injuries, cards could bring him back for several games..

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

Some result in Russia, Surley this is a confidence boost for us as now we will go into the game knowing that Russia are well and truly beatable, Not only away, But at home aswell.

GWAN IRELAND 

everybody is beatable in national football between first three pots, but have you seen todays Russians game? is hard to say Russians played bad football, they had several semi-chances they no dissapointed me, but we Slovaks were very tricky [;) with seven defence orientated players] be aware of Russians.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:08pm

GWAN IRELAND 

well we'll be playing on the artificial patch in the olympic stadium and it will be a bigger, more hostile crowd so might be more of a task then slovakia had today. also, the goal was an absolute gift from russia. just saying all the same, i always felt that both sides are beatable if we have the right mentality.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:12pm

GWAN IRELAND 

well we'll be playing on the artificial patch in the olympic stadium and it will be a bigger, more hostile crowd so might be more of a task then slovakia had today. also, the goal was an absolute gift from russia. just saying all the same, i always felt that both sides are beatable if we have the right mentality.
Exactly, Are aim must be to top this group.
If we can manage a point in Slovakia and take all 3 off Russia, The ball is in our court and(to an extent)qualification is ours to lose.

-------------
Out of order

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:22pm

Great result for the Slovaks, congrats Aarhat and the lads. These October games look like they could be the making or breaking of us qualifying, even at this early stage. Like Carmody said above, 4 points and we are still in the driving seat.

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:33pm
thanks, september matches signed off macedonia,armenia, let see in october who will be next.... four points for Ireland very difficult task for October, when you earn two draws, then it will detective story probably :))

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:38pm
Can someone please explain to me how Slovakia winning tonight was a good result for us? Some people on here are nuts thinking this was good for us, absolute disaster of a result.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Can someone please explain to me how Slovakia winning tonight was a good result for us? Some people on here are nuts thinking this was good for us, absolute disaster of a result.
Jasus hardly a disaster sono, If we manage a point off Slovakia next month and take all three against Russia, We are in a seriously good position. Ok, Saying that is one thing and doing it is another, But certainly not a disaster.

-------------
Out of order

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:42pm

Agree.
Russia will come all gung ho in October and it more or less means we will have to match Slovakia's result in Moscow.

Draw would have been ideal but f**k it, worry about our own games. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Agree.
Russia will come all gung ho in October and it more or less means we will have to match Slovakia's result in Moscow.

So we will have to rise the occassion as i said earlier. Russia are well and truly beatable, Whether they come gung ho or not, You know yourself(well hopefully) the 11 players on the pitch will know how much of a massive game it is and therefore give everything(like they did against france) to take a massive three points.

And exactly Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Out of order

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:47pm

Jasus hardly a disaster sono, If we manage a point off Slovakia next month and take all three against Russia, We are in a seriously good position. Ok, Saying that is one thing and doing it is another, But certainly not a disaster.

Carmody no one expected Slovakia to take all 3 points from that game tonight apart from Barlow, when Trap would have looked at all the games he would have had Russia to be on 6 points after 2 games and not Slovakia, its a disaster IMO, need to go and beat Slovakia next month or else it could be a long campaign.

For the record I cant see us beating Slovakia or Russia away by the way.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Great result for the Slovaks, congrats Aarhat and the lads. These October games look like they could be the making or breaking of us qualifying, even at this early stage. Like Carmody said above, 4 points and we are still in the driving seat.

Cant see Ireland to get more then 2 draws from next 2 games.Your abillities to win any match are very poor.Defense solid strikers ok but middfield under average.Not able to create decent chances.Set pieces are your only threat.Not saying you cant beat Russia or Slovakia but would surprise me with that a lot.

Next 2 games says  a lot.2 more wins for us with 2 games against Andorra and home game against Armenia in hand and im going to look for acomm.in Ukraine and Poland.

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:58pm
If we want to qualify on top from this group, we should be concentrating on our results and not sh*tting ourselves about others. We have 6 points, good confidence and neither Russia or Slovakia are world beaters, far from it. Our lads are capable of beating both of these sides at home and hopefully have enough character these days to go away to both countries and get a result. I aint overly worried about that Slovak shock win.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Agree.

gung ho...exactly! which leaves themselves vulnerable to attack! i'm confident we can get a 1-0 win.

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 3:49am
congrats to slovakia , it actually makes it easier now for us to come first , but harder to come in the top two !!
if we beat russia at home they are in serious trouble , they will come looking for a draw i think but are dangerous enough to get the win , HUGE game.

slovak goal was fantastic and there was soem excellent defending, zilnia will be tricky

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

congrats to slovakia , it actually makes it easier now for us to come first , but harder to come in the top two !!
if we beat russia at home they are in serious trouble , they will come looking for a draw i think but are dangerous enough to get the win , HUGE game.

slovak goal was fantastic and there was soem excellent defending, zilnia will be tricky

Ya think!? Going to be an extremely difficult game and a draw would be a huge result.

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 6:58pm

I think both Russia and Slovakia are better technically than Italy and of course a lot of teams are better than the French team that we faced. I think they will probably be the two hardest tests of the Trap era. Of course we showed way too much tactical naivete in both Italy matches. I hope history doesn't repeat itself. Maybe the fact that Trap isn't from Eastern Europe will help. I'm resigned to the fact that Kilbane will start both games which will put us at a huge disadvantage from the off. I just hope that Andrews comes in for Green because the stars aren't aligning for a Fahey or Gibson start and of course Meyler, McCarthy and Wilson are stories for a different day. I don't need to elaborate on my opinions of Green and Kilbane. God bless the lad (Green) but he isn't up to this level and Kilbane played adequately against Armenia and Andorra but Russia and Slovakia have some of the best young wingers in international football and I fear that Killer won't know what will hit him.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net