You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Richie Towell - Puns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 44>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Its not been widely reported so I hope its true. I hope Dundalk get a decent fee if it is. 

€0

Really? Is he not under contract?

Afraid not
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Sponsored Links

scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:13pm
As a Cork City supporter Id be gutted to see this, Richie has destroyed us one too many times over the past 3 years, as much he hurts us, we need him in this league.
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:18pm
Seems a very confident lad. Best of luck to him.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

As a Cork City supporter Id be gutted to see this, Richie has destroyed us one too many times over the past 3 years, as much he hurts us, we need him in this league.
Balls to that. He gets a lucrative move, has been on the magic aeroplane so is now eligible for Ireland and weakens Dundalk considerably and they don't get a cent. What's not to love?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:26pm

Nope. Has been humming and hawing over a new contract for months. Dundalk don't get a bean which is wonderful news.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:27pm
guess its up to dundalk and the league to find similar homesick players who are struggling to get any first time action in the UK and bring them home.

good luck to him. Brighton is a good move for him
ncafc87 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncafc87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:41pm
Would be a fantastic move for him. Dundalk will no doubt be gutted there is no fee involved but that's what probably makes him even more attractive to brighton.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Nope. Has been humming and hawing over a new contract for months. Dundalk don't get a bean which is wonderful news.

Don't be throwing bad karma around - If/When Brandon Miele goes back across the water, I'm personally blaming you !
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 2:14pm
And if we are foolish enough to allow him to be out of contract above the age of 24 then we deserve everything we get.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 3:10pm

And if we are foolish enough to allow him to be out of contract above the age of 24 then we deserve everything we get.

As you have said many times in the LOI section, clubs can't force players to sign long term contracts, and why would players that wanted to and possibly have the change to go to the UK even consider a long term contract in LOI and limit their chances of a move?

but of course clubs are foolish now...

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 3:16pm
While I understand that clubs can't force players who are good enough to move overseas to sign contracts, that doesn't mean I don't think clubs should try. I know Dundalk did and he was asking for mental money from other clubs, but I would still be unhappy if Rovers best player strolled for nothing. But on the basis we offer more than one year deals its less likely.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

Great move for him. He deserves a good crack at it. And I cant wait to see if the quality of the Towell puns matches up to the Connor Salmon thread.

He's a Towlented lad, once he settles at Brighton he could be sneaky player to come to France. 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by ncafc87 ncafc87 wrote:

Would be a fantastic move for him. Dundalk will no doubt be gutted there is no fee involved but that's what probably makes him even more attractive to brighton.

Fair enough there isn't a fee but no one can possibly argue that Dundalk haven't benefited immensely from Towell playing for them. He was an integral part of their league/cup winning side. There's a strong argument that a massive portion of the 650k in prize money they got this year is due to Towell.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 3:46pm
If Towell moves this window he will be on the plane to France. Without a doubt!
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 3:56pm

I wouldn't say that. Look at the like of wes. It was clear to anyone that he was just the player we needed but under Trap and MON neither fully utilised him. Coleman also got a similar raw deal and should easily be 15-20 caps further along than he currently is.
Our international team selection makes about as much sense as an apple tree growing plums.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 4:11pm

At the expense of whom
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 4:13pm

While I understand that clubs can't force players who are good enough to move overseas to sign contracts, that doesn't mean I don't think clubs should try. I know Dundalk did and he was asking for mental money from other clubs, but I would still be unhappy if Rovers best player strolled for nothing. But on the basis we offer more than one year deals its less likely.

but we do offer 2 year deals, most of the players were on two year deals

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

At the expense of whom

alan judge LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 44>
  Share Topic