You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 48>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Hourihane always runs out of steam after an hour. 

Delighted for him to get the two assists yesterday but he has to be one of worst players for stamina that I've ever seen playing for Ireland tbh. 

Must be all that energy he burns hiding from the ball.

2 assists from corners is hardly worth his place in a team when hes a passenger for most of the game in the middle of the field.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Hourihane always runs out of steam after an hour. 

Delighted for him to get the two assists yesterday but he has to be one of worst players for stamina that I've ever seen playing for Ireland tbh. 

Must be all that energy he burns hiding from the ball.

2 assists from corners is hardly worth his place in a team when hes a passenger for most of the game in the middle of the field.

I wasn't making the argument that he should be in the team but was pleased that he had a decent game yesterday unlike you evidently with your churlish post. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 11:44pm
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 3:43pm
Not the player he was for some reason. Likewise for us I have less confidence in him. Playing for a struggling team where he seems part of the reason they are struggling.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 10:09pm
Outstanding tonight
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 11:26pm
John Egan 9: Up against Mitrovic and was excellent. Made it so hard for the Serbian. Only lost him on a couple of occasions, one when he got in behind but volleyed wide and the other in added-on time when he hit the crossbar. Other than that the striker won't have had a tougher opponent than Egan.

Yorkshire Live
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 2:14pm
Seems to be a suggestion that West Ham have some level of interest in signing him. More of a backup option for them than a live transfer approach though. Might be one for the summer - surprising that he's not linked to more clubs to be honest. Might fit the bill for Newcastle for instance as current EPL players don't want the relegation threat of going there at the moment and they're desperate for a centre back.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 5:59pm
I respect his loyalty to sheff u but he really is a premier league player, would like to see him move to a top flight club personally
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

I respect his loyalty to sheff u but he really is a premier league player, would like to see him move to a top flight club personally

I'd say it's more like teams haven't come in for him rather than being loyal to Sheffield United. If his wages of 7.5k a week are true he'd triple them with any move.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 7:05pm
He should be firing his agent if that's all he's on after two seasons as a Premier League regular before Sheffield United were relegated.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He should be firing his agent if that's all he's on after two seasons as a Premier League regular before Sheffield United were relegated.

Edit:

26k a week he's supposedly on which dropped 4k when relegated.

Edited by J89 - 30 Jan 2022 at 7:19pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 7:39pm
That's some drop!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 10:36pm
Huge result for Sheffield United tonight. 1-0 win with ten men against Blackburn after a late winner.

Egan conceded a penalty after a handball but it was missed and he's now kept five successive clean sheets and seven in his last eight games.

Blackburn can't score for toffee at the moment and injuries to some important players are impacting them at a vital stage of the season.

Very interesting playoff race ATM. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2022 at 10:27pm
John Egan 4: Had a shocker of a first half. Sloppy and gave the ball away on several occasions. United were all over the place at the back in the first 45 and Forest were unlucky not to go in at half-time in front. In the right place to get a crucial tackle in on Davis in the second half.

YorkshireLive
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2022 at 11:38am
Egan linked with West Ham again (The Sun).
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 9:28pm
Every time Egan plays for Ireland, often against top-class forwards, he looks to me Champions League level.  

Thundering in his tackles, capable of taking the ball out of defence and starting attacks.  A serious goal-threat at set-pieces.  Natural leadership skills. 

Why is this guy slugging it out at Championship level? Am I missing something here?  

Or is it something about the green jersey?  e.g.: every time Mark Kinsella or Matt Holland played for us beside Roy Keane, they looked like top 8 PL club players.  
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Every time Egan plays for Ireland, often against top-class forwards, he looks to me Champions League level.  

Thundering in his tackles, capable of taking the ball out of defence and starting attacks.  A serious goal-threat at set-pieces.  Natural leadership skills. 

Why is this guy slugging it out at Championship level? Am I missing something here?  

Or is it something about the green jersey?  e.g.: every time Mark Kinsella or Matt Holland played for us beside Roy Keane, they looked like top 8 PL club players.  

Possibly. Or because Irish players are unfashionable. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

[QUOTE=Luis Amor Rodriguez]Every time Egan plays for Ireland, often against top-class forwards, he looks to me Champions League level.  

Possibly. Or because Irish players are unfashionable. 
[/QUOTE

I will likely get abuse for this "Kevin you want every player on the continent" but ultimately if Cullen didn't look further afield for football he'd likely have the same profile now as Egan. Think Egan would be an asset for any team in any League good on the ball too. He was comfortably our best defender yesterday. Coleman and Duffy didn't cover themselves in glory at times.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 48>
  Share Topic