Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 48>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

The "big man" style of centre defender will find it harder to adapt as we go on. For Duffy, not having pace will be one thing in a Kenny team. Not exactly being the most composed with the ball at his feet is another. 

Managers will always want a "big man", just more Virgil Van Dyke than Duffy. More strings to your how is a must these days.  Like the idea that a sitting midfielder had be some sort of Igor character without a creative bone in his body. 

Duffy suited the style of Ireland for the last 30 years, but assuming Kenny stays true to his beliefs, then who knows where that leaves Duffy. 

If he could find a place for Brian Gartland in his Dundalk side, he'll find a place for Duffy too. He's our best defender, and his lack of ability on the ball is overstated.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 5:38am
I'd hope Kenny will just simplify what Duffy does with the ball. I have every faith in him that he can pass a ball 10-15 yards to one of our players. Having a midfield who are looking for the ball will help, meaning he can stop trying 60 yard diagonal passes that go out for a throw-in.

We don't need him to be creative with it. His lack of pace will always be a worry.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:38pm
Get the fook in!! Cracking finish Clap

Edited by irishmufc - 05 Jul 2020 at 1:39pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Get the fook in!! Cracking finish Clap

Quality goal.

Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:55pm
lovely technique big lad, lovely half volley. Clap
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:55pm
Looking forward to having him leading the Irish defence
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:57pm
He deserved the man of the match award, McGoldrick impressive today also.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 2:29pm
Very impressive finish.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 3:01pm
Looks a really good defender, I would think he's ahead of Duffy in the centre back running order. I would think Duffy will leave Brighton at the end of this season as he's clearly not fancied. He should stay in the Premier league though.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 3:09pm
Seeing Harry Maguire shown up week after week, you can’t believe there’s much between him and Egan. Similarly immobile, but Egan seems to have a better awareness of his limitations.

At risk of sounding like a twat: Egan reminds me of Franco Baresi at times. Got that hunger for the ball and relishes a challenge. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Seeing Harry Maguire shown up week after week, you can’t believe there’s much between him and Egan. Similarly immobile, but Egan seems to have a better awareness of his limitations.

At risk of sounding like a twat: Egan reminds me of Franco Baresi at times. Got that hunger for the ball and relishes a challenge. 

Maguire is absolutely streets ahead of any defender we have. Just because he isn't Vidic or Ferdinand reincarnated doesn't mean he's bang average either.
We're decent enough..
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 4:32pm
[. 
[/QUOTE]

Maguire is absolutely streets ahead of any defender we have. Just because he isn't Vidic or Ferdinand reincarnated doesn't mean he's bang average either.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed Maguire has been really good going forward, his passing out from the back over this United run has been important imo. He's a good at blocking/tacking but can be got at in one on ones.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 4:44pm
Really don’t see it with maguire.  Think he is massively overrated.  However people who know far more about football rate him including Giles.  Can’t see it myself.   

Like the look of Egan.  Duffy needs game time as he is not great when rusty
AKA pedantic kunt
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 4:59pm
Egan had a good game and overall encouraging season and exceeded my expectations, same as with Stevens. Franco Baresi he is not though 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 5:41pm
He is Franco Baresi
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 7:18pm
He's not even Costacurta!
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 7:19pm
Egan should be on the PL team of the season 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Egan should be on the PL team of the season 
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 48>
  Share Topic