You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 306>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 4:38pm
 I think he deserves to be in the team ahead of Doyle tbh
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 5:12pm
Fair play to him, really playing brilliant this last few months, keep it going son.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
bossofthemoss View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bossofthemoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by yapster yapster wrote:

Elaborate?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 6:07pm

No he doesn't. He deserves to be there ahead of Keane.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
traphasntaclue View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traphasntaclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 6:43pm
dead right long and doyle should be up front
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by bossofthemoss bossofthemoss wrote:

Elaborate?

He is playing well and scoring, Doyle is struggling in front of goal again this season. Long seems to have more of a hunger than Doyle it seems.
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

No he doesn't. He deserves to be there ahead of Keane.

Maybe, but I don't think Doyle & Long would gel somehow...   Keane needs to get his game & attitude sorted out bigtime. I would like to see Stokes get a game soon. Doyles lack of goals is worrying, I know he works his socks off but he is in there to score goals at the end of the day. Keane gets himself into more scoring positions "even though he misses most of them" but his instinct for goal is way better than Doyles.
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 1:52am
I take it you didn't watch Reading regularly when they played up front together?
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 3:40am

Elaborate?

He is playing well and scoring, Doyle is struggling in front of goal again this season. Long seems to have more of a hunger than Doyle it seems.

Deserves it ahead of Keane, Doyle has been our best player for the last 18 months, he is playing well in a struggling wolves team, he operates as a lone target man to bring a pressing midfield into play, if you watch a wolves game, there will be occasions where he will not get 1 chance for 90mins, that’s because he operates unselfishly in the system of the team. He does the exact same for Ireland. When can you honestly say Doyle missed a sitter in this campaign?

It’s called being a target man, do people still not understand the dynamics of this and only equate a front players success to goals scored? Seriously…it baffles me about how some fans no so little about football…For me Robbie’s general play was awful in the last campaign, he scored goals though so that was excused, but he has been simply sub-standard in this campaign so far. Should have had a hat trick in Yerevan and was a disgrace against slovakia, his sense of entitlement to a starting berth has expired..Long has come into the fold and been a breath of fresh air, he runs the channels and like Doyle and even when he is not scoring he adds significantly to the team effort, which Keane rarely does and at times plays with the naivety of a 17 year old. Keane has a great record, but its time to demote him and give long, one of our few form players a chance.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 11:08am
A bright note on an otherwise terrible situation with our players not getting games.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 11:11am
They'll all be getting games soon - Keane, Given, Duff, all on the move.
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

Where u think Duffer is going?
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 11:19am
I'll guess Keane to Villa, Duff to Blackburn and Given to somwehere like Roma.

Edited by grannyrule - 04 Jan 2011 at 11:19am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 12:37pm

If Keane gets a move and gets amongst the goals again then there is no way he will be dropped. Long is impressing big time and is pushing. But still reckon Keane and Doyle for now unless Keane doesn't get going when he gets his move.

yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Elaborate?

Deserves it ahead of Keane, Doyle has been our best player for the last 18 months, he is playing well in a struggling wolves team, he operates as a lone target man to bring a pressing midfield into play, if you watch a wolves game, there will be occasions where he will not get 1 chance for 90mins, that’s because he operates unselfishly in the system of the team. He does the exact same for Ireland. When can you honestly say Doyle missed a sitter in this campaign?

It’s called being a target man, do people still not understand the dynamics of this and only equate a front players success to goals scored? Seriously…it baffles me about how some fans no so little about football…For me Robbie’s general play was awful in the last campaign, he scored goals though so that was excused, but he has been simply sub-standard in this campaign so far. Should have had a hat trick in Yerevan and was a disgrace against slovakia, his sense of entitlement to a starting berth has expired..Long has come into the fold and been a breath of fresh air, he runs the channels and like Doyle and even when he is not scoring he adds significantly to the team effort, which Keane rarely does and at times plays with the naivety of a 17 year old. Keane has a great record, but its time to demote him and give long, one of our few form players a chance.

How many goals has Doyle scored?
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 2:50am

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Elaborate?

How many goals has Doyle scored?
you miss my point, you obviously hav'nt a clue mate
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 3:21am

I'd say Duff could end up at Liverpool?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 3:26am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'd say Duff could end up at Liverpool?

Can't see this happening at this stage of his career, should have gone there instead of newcastle that time anyway.
If Hodgson goes back to Fulham for players it'd be more be for Dempsey or Hangleand 
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 306>
  Share Topic