Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 261262263264265 306>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 5:54pm
I have to say the disparity in criticism of Shane Long compared with Robbie Keane on here is something else. 

I can understand Robbie being past his prime/best by the time this forum started but Long just seems to get an easier ride of it. He's just a workhorse with plenty of pace who'll go down as good servant to Ireland and no more than that.  We keep building him up on the back of the Germany goal amd he just doesn't do it regularly enough. His strike rate is desperately poor no matter how you look at it.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 6:15pm
Who is building him up?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Who is building him up?

We as supporters in general do  imo. I think the Germany goal has elevated expectations on here to a stage where we're still waiting on him to kick on but he hasn't done it unfortunately. 

He's got 17 goals for us. I hope he breaks Quinns goalscoring record before he retires. 
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:12pm
Makes an absolute bags of a one on one with Caballero for a chance to bring Southampton level

Edited by valo88 - 22 Apr 2018 at 4:12pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Makes an absolute bags of a one on one with Caballero for a chance to bring Southampton level

I stopped watching once Chelsea scored. 

Thanks for putting me into a bad mood for the day LOL

Joking aside it's disheartening to see Long screw up decent chances. Maguire looks to be the only one that's a natural finisher if he gets the chances to do so. 
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Joking aside it's disheartening to see Long screw up decent chances. Maguire looks to be the only one that's a natural finisher if he gets the chances to do so. 

It was a shocking chance, hes a terrible decision maker any time he has time to think about it.

Taken off minutes later.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:38pm
Very poor technically like most of our players saw him mess up that great chance 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:44pm

It was a shocking chance, hes a terrible decision maker any time he has time to think about it.

Taken off minutes later.

He is what he is. He just isn't a natural goalscorer. 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Very poor technically like most of our players saw him mess up that great chance 

I wonder would he have been better technically if he didn't stick to the gah for so long. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 5:07pm
how did he put that goal away v Neuer LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

how did he put that goal away v Neuer LOL
ha ran very fast and kicked the ball very hard.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 5:38pm
As limited as he is he’ll always be remembered for that goal. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 5:39pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Who is building him up?

We as supporters in general do  imo. I think the Germany goal has elevated expectations on here to a stage where we're still waiting on him to kick on but he hasn't done it unfortunately. 

He's got 17 goals for us. I hope he breaks Quinns goalscoring record before he retires. 

He has scored 17 in 80 caps... that’s one in 4.
Does he have another 5 goals in him?

I’m not sure he will break Quinn’s record unless he does better than 1/4 or we play the rock/ Oman etc soon.

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:01pm

I wonder would he have been better technically if he didn't stick to the gah for so long. 

What on earth is "gah"? Long played hurling to a high level, a sport far superior to football in terms of required skills.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:13pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What on earth is "gah"? Long played hurling to a high level, a sport far superior to football in terms of required skills.

LOL

It's a slang term for the GAA. It's not mean't in a derogatory way.

But if you feel that way about football, why don't you piss off to the Hogan Stand and cream yourself over the " far superior" hurling. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:40pm
Muff f**k off with this derogatory sh*te. It takes some amount of skill to play hurling at the level Long did.  Stop with your sneery attitude. Hilarious thing is come 4 weeks time ye'll probably shouting for Mayo when they play Galway 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:46pm

LOL

But if you feel that way about football, why don't you piss off to the Hogan Stand and cream yourself over the " far superior" hurling. 

Ever hear of enjoying more than one sport? Or would that contradict you narrow world-view? To play two separate sports up to the levels Long has is fairly incredible, it's not something to be mocked.
We're decent enough..
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:51pm

LOL

Ever hear of enjoying more than one sport? Or would that contradict you narrow world-view? To play two separate sports up to the levels Long has is fairly incredible, it's not something to be mocked.

Clap

Moran is another. Very few players can claim to have an AI winners medal and an FA Cup winners medal 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 261262263264265 306>
  Share Topic