Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glenn Whelan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 159>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 11:22am
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

It wouldnt be what it is without ye.

I look forward to the Fleetwood Town star tearing it up at the Euros and getting his well deserved move to one of Europes biggest clubs in the summer. I hope Fleetwood tied him down on a long contract so they can cash in on their superstar player.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Whats also funny is the gaslighter personalities trying to twist posts to make their hyperbole 
look like a credible part of their point.pfft

Vipers. Gaslighter personalities. 

This thread is like one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

There are opinions on this forum that people can agree on or disagree on which is the reason for having a forum in the first place.

The real "vipers" are the ones who try to police peoples opinions without actually offering one of their own... 

Never a truer word spoken Clap

This thread highlights that, countless posters are guilty of it.

The whole myth around what Glenn actually does on the pitch and brings to the team has been debunked and basically ripped apart, with very few if any counter posts that offer and real insight into what benefit he brings to the team.

But anyhow he should be way down in the pecking order come March.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

It highlights that dribblers like yourself fall over like tenpins when the claptrap flung at Whelan returns with compound interest. There's no myth about Whelan's contribution - it's on record, the good, the bad and the in-between. The same for all players. You're just a cheap-shot gasbag who's jumped on the anti-Whelan bandwagon. You flatter yourself to hell and back if you think you've debunked anything, other than the rumour you have a brain.

There we have it, another poster incapable of actually speaking about the topic at hand and has to resort to personal insults and abuse to deflect.

I tip my hat to you Sir Clap

Edited by Green Devil - 24 Jan 2020 at 12:48pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:59pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

It highlights that dribblers like yourself fall over like tenpins when the claptrap flung at Whelan returns with compound interest. There's no myth about Whelan's contribution - it's on record, the good, the bad and the in-between. The same for all players. You're just a cheap-shot gasbag who's jumped on the anti-Whelan bandwagon. You flatter yourself to hell and back if you think you've debunked anything, other than the rumour you have a brain.

There we have it, another poster incapable of actually speaking about the topic at hand and has to resort to personal insults and abuse to deflect.

I tip my hat to your Sir Clap

No one on this forum has been vilified more than Glenn Whelan. Now you're whinging like a child when some flak comes in the opposite direction. Get out of the kitchen, you wobbler.

Who's whinging?

All you're "good for" and I say that firmly tongue in cheek is abusing posters who don't agree with your opinion.

You've proven yet again to be incapable of actually giving balanced and mature posts on not just this topic but on others also.

You have the keyboard warrior role down to a tee also, if resorting to abusing posters and getting personal on an internet forum gives you your kicks and makes you feel vilified that say's a lot more about your character than mine or anyone else's.

Edited by Green Devil - 24 Jan 2020 at 12:59pm

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 1:19pm
Glenn Whelan divides opinion more than most irish players. 

I'm of the opinion that he's been poor but I dont disrespect other opinions that he's been very good.

It would be nice to keep opinions civil and not personal. 

I really wish that Whelan was a Roy Keane, Makelele or even a good all round defensive midfielder but I just don't see it.

However I do respect what he's achieved in his career, he's clearly worked his boll0x off to do what he's done despite the fact that he's not a technically gifted player.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 1:29pm
Why do you keep posting here? would you not take a day off?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Why do you keep posting here? would you not take a day off?

Sure thing Horsebox, I'll do it for you.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 1:38pm
'Viperous' LOL

Funniest thread ever?

Edited by NewtNewbie - 24 Jan 2020 at 1:38pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Glenn Whelan divides opinion more than most irish players. 

I'm of the opinion that he's been poor but I dont disrespect other opinions that he's been very good.

It would be nice to keep opinions civil and not personal. 

I really wish that Whelan was a Roy Keane, Makelele or even a good all round defensive midfielder but I just don't see it.

However I do respect what he's achieved in his career, he's clearly worked his boll0x off to do what he's done despite the fact that he's not a technically gifted player.

I've never rated Whelan and have never shied away from my opinion on him since I joined the forum in 2010 or even before that.

Yet for that reason, it seems to gives certain posters a reason to sling personal abuse at others just because they don't rate him, which is absolutely mind-blowing and laughable.

If anyone read back over any of my posts on Glenn Whelan I only talk about his performances on the pitch and nothing else, which on a football forum is normal right or am I way off? 

Edited by Green Devil - 24 Jan 2020 at 1:44pm

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 2:05pm
One flew over the cuckoos nest LOL
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

'Viperous' LOL

Funniest thread ever?
The Manchester United thread? Or that one about The Walls and ‘diddies’. There’s been a few, but this is excellent alright.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 3:06pm
Mr. Brick is the gift that keeps on giving ClapLOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 3:08pm

How to sum up this thread

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

'Viperous' LOL

Funniest thread ever?
The Manchester United thread? Or that one about The Walls and ‘diddies’. There’s been a few, but this is excellent alright.
link?
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

It wouldnt be what it is without ye.

I look forward to the Fleetwood Town star tearing it up at the Euros and getting his well deserved move to one of Europes biggest clubs in the summer. I hope Fleetwood tied him down on a long contract so they can cash in on their superstar player.
Hans you should consider changing your name to another Simpsons character that would most definitely
suit.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 3:36pm
Vipers LOLLOLLOL
This is a top top thread Clap
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:08pm
Why is there such a big deal whether Whelan plays or not? Are problems aren't in defensive side of the game. It's the attacking side we need to be concerned with. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Why is there such a big deal whether Whelan plays or not? Are problems aren't in defensive side of the game. It's the attacking side we need to be concerned with. 

We have the worst midfield in Europe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 159>
  Share Topic