Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glenn Whelan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 159>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 10:42am
LOLLOLLOL
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Hans Moleman - You are an absolute disgrace, a blindfolded begrudger with the conscience of a viper. You attack a guy who plays because he is picked, because he gives his lot for Ireland - and then you have the obnoxious hide to compare him with a guy who who could have played 100 times if he wasn't  "injured" so often . . . and then walked out on his country. Whelan is no champion on the pitch but he has had an excellent career. He was top three in the qualifiers (with the two you mentioned). He thoroughly deserved his place in every game. He won man-of-the-match twice and generally had an excellent campaign.  The likes of you, pathetic mudslingers that you are, hone in on Whelan's every move with dagger - opportunists putting the boot in because it suits your mob mentality. Ireland play bad? It's Whelan's fault. 

The treatment meted out to Whelan over his career by ledgers such as yourselves is a national scandal - and the likes of you and your acolyte King_Kenny are morally only behind morons who dredge the depths in their treatment of James McClean. While Delaney has big questions to answer, Glenn Whelan can proudly hold his head high.

Get off his back you pair of bandwagon dribblers. 

Your opinion and your entitled to it.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:04am

Hans Moleman - You are an absolute disgrace, a blindfolded begrudger with the conscience of a viper. You attack a man who plays because he is picked, because he gives his lot for Ireland - and then you have the obnoxious hide to compare him with a guy who who could have played 100 times if he wasn't  "injured" so often . . . and then walked out on his country. Whelan is no champion on the pitch but he has had an excellent career. He was top three in the qualifiers (with the two you mentioned). He thoroughly deserved his place in every game. He won man-of-the-match twice and generally had an excellent campaign.  The likes of you, pathetic mudslingers that you are, hone in on Whelan's every move with dagger at the ready - opportunists putting the boot in because it suits your mob mentality. Ireland play bad? It's Whelan's fault. 

The treatment meted out to Whelan over his career by sledgers such as yourselves is a national scandal - and the likes of you and your acolyte King_Kenny are morally only behind morons who dredge the depths in their treatment of James McClean. While Delaney has big questions to answer, Glenn Whelan can proudly hold his head high. 

Slightly over the top. It just shows how far we've fallen when Whelan was our most consistent player over the past 2 campaigns (closely followed by Randolph and Duffy).

Roll on the Kenny era!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:05am
Can't wait for the era after Kenny because we will win the World Cup
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:10am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

I fear the knives will be out for Kenny if things don't get off to a good start. He needs at least 2 years to rebuild this team, an opportunity that was badly missed and should have commenced after the Danish debacle in 2017.

"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:13am
We should have a chart similar to the Scouse boom cycle. It's very appropriate.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

I fear the knives will be out for Kenny if things don't get off to a good start. He needs at least 2 years to rebuild this team, an opportunity that was badly missed and should have commenced after the Danish debacle in 2017.

ah Kenny will be fine once he takes on board the view of some of the dopes on here and starts with an 8-9-5 formation and a squad of 50, or perhaps more as there is still loads of time for another young Irish or Irish sounding lad to tie his laces properly in Div 11 south of some league somewhere to be absolutely in the squad.

Edited by Sham157 - 10 Jan 2020 at 11:18am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

ah Kenny will be fine once he takes on board the view of some of the dopes on here and starts with an 8-9-5 formation and a squad of 50, or perhaps more as there is still loads of time for another young Irish or Irish sounding lad to tie his laces properly in Div 11 south of some league somewhere to be absolutely in the squad.
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚there might be an Irish sounding lad called whelan in div 11 south soon and heโ€™ll be on a squad of 23!

Edited by King_Kenny - 10 Jan 2020 at 11:21am
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 8:19pm

My post isn't in anyway Glenn Whelan related but what is your obsession with trotting out this line time and time again?

I don't think any poster has unrealistic expectations of what Stephen Kenny is going to do, bar tweak how we play and integrate a lot of our good young players in the hope we'll become more pleasing on the eye as a team. 

It would certainly be nice "attempting" to go and try win matches instead of watching the ultra defensive and caveman like football we're playing currently and have done for a number of years.

With risk comes reward, we will no doubt be more open and less harder to score against but I would imagine with that we will be more expansive and score more as a result.

Edited by Green Devil - 10 Jan 2020 at 8:20pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 9:02pm
Risk also comes with getting it wrong and getting an absolute tanking.

I too, am looking forward to Kenny taking over as I've been to all the u21 games and there is some exciting players there, with a positive attacking approach.

However, not many of these players are playing for their clubs and the step up to international level is an enormous step. I'd say most of the players in the current squad will be in Kenny's too.

Everytime we get a new manager the exceptions go through the roof and then they level off, and then the manager becomes a dinosaur, we also have the usual posters who will look at the starting 11 and demand that player x should be playing instead of player y etc...

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 9:13pm

the step up to international level is an enormous step. 

No it's not. Beyond maybe the top 20 or so teams in the world, the standard of international football is quite average and most of it is championship level stuff. We're 32nd or something in the world for god's sake and we're sh!te.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 9:16pm

Risk also comes with getting it wrong and getting an absolute tanking.

I too, am looking forward to Kenny taking over as I've been to all the u21 games and there is some exciting players there, with a positive attacking approach.

However, not many of these players are playing for their clubs and the step up to international level is an enormous step. I'd say most of the players in the current squad will be in Kenny's too.

Everytime we get a new manager the exceptions go through the roof and then they level off, and then the manager becomes a dinosaur, we also have the usual posters who will look at the starting 11 and demand that player x should be playing instead of player y etc...

Personally speaking, I fully expect things to get worse before they get better under Kenny as there is a radical overhaul needed between personnel, tactics, style of play etc and I would hope most others will apply logic when they realize the task at hand.

In regard to your comment about not many of young players playing for their clubs, plenty of them are on the fringes and are tasting first team football Obafemi, Collins, O'Shea, O'Connor (you would expect now at Oxford) Idah (Pukki injured), Parrot may get a loan move in the summer etc adding in Knight and Molumby, Connolly all starters for their clubs.

In truth we have 6 or 7 nailed on starters in Randolph, Egan, Coleman, McGoldrick, Doherty, Stevens, Duffy heading into the next campaign, I think we can definitely afford to add a couple of the young guns into the starting 11.

What's clear is that our midfield will be looked at first by Kenny, it's a must. While personnel may not change drastically, he will definitely look to change the system and how they play.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 6:35am

Hans Moleman - You are an absolute disgrace, a blindfolded begrudger with the conscience of a viper. You attack a man who plays because he is picked, because he gives his lot for Ireland - and then you have the obnoxious hide to compare him with a guy who who could have played 100 times if he wasn't  "injured" so often . . . and then walked out on his country. Whelan is no champion on the pitch but he has had an excellent career. He was top three in the qualifiers (with the two you mentioned). He thoroughly deserved his place in every game. He won man-of-the-match twice and generally had an excellent campaign.  The likes of you, pathetic mudslingers that you are, hone in on Whelan's every move with dagger at the ready - opportunists putting the boot in because it suits your mob mentality. Ireland play bad? It's Whelan's fault. 

The treatment meted out to Whelan over his career by sledgers such as yourselves is a national scandal - and the likes of you and your acolyte King_Kenny are morally only behind morons who dredge the depths in their treatment of James McClean. While Delaney has big questions to answer, Glenn Whelan can proudly hold his head high. 

Meh 

An absolute disgrace eh. I presume it's the campaign just gone you are calling that?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 6:37am

Clap Clap Clap 

Shut down the forum. Post of the year. Will not be topped.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 8:24am

Green Devil . . .
"We have played absolutely shocking this campaign . . .  we have played horrendously as a team and that is the long and the short of it . . . if you were giving ratings on individual performers out of 10 over the whole group, even our top performers wouldn't get over 5 or 6 a maximum.Please stop using these utterly ridiculously low barometers when trying to justify how our players have played under McCarthy."

Green Devil again . . .
"Personally speaking, I fully expect things to get worse before they get better under Kenny." 

Can't wait! Exciting young players, new tactics, new vision, a holding midfielder (of course), absolutely no Whelan and we'll get . . . worse. But then the Beautiful-Game phoenix will rise. OK everyone, let's have a group hug and sing Kumbaya.

I've been saying this for months and I stand by it, lets simplify it for you.

Currently - Performances both as a team and individually for the most part have been exceptional poor and we're playing a very outdated and poor brand of football, but we're picking up results at the moment.

In the long run this needs to change, we can't keep neglecting the level of performance and keep hoping we pluck points out of the bag even when fully undeserving time after time. This luck tends to run out in the long run.

Future - Results under Kenny will probably be worse than they are now as he attempts to overhaul the whole mindset and approach we take in matches. Adding in that the more young players that play we have to allow that they will be naive at this level and no doubt learn some harsh lessions due to their inexperience.

But I fully expect the brand of football to change over time, new tactics/players implemented etc and this all takes time and I think for the betterment of Irish football it can only be a good thing as we now have a lot of talented and technically really good players coming through.

So there you have it,

I won't be debating with you further on the matter, its off topic in the wrong thread. If you grasp it you'll get what I'm saying, if you don't thats your problem.

Edited by Green Devil - 11 Jan 2020 at 8:26am

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:17am

New manager, new methods.

Four words to summarise your War and Peace. Now you're slipping out the back door. You tend to do that.
Sure when your out a dander today. You tell the homeless guy, he only thinks he has problems. You want to hear the abuse a pants footballer is getting on an Internet forum . National scandal๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Green Devil . . .
"We have played absolutely shocking this campaign . . .  we have played horrendously as a team and that is the long and the short of it . . . if you were giving ratings on individual performers out of 10 over the whole group, even our top performers wouldn't get over 5 or 6 a maximum.Please stop using these utterly ridiculously low barometers when trying to justify how our players have played under McCarthy."

Green Devil again . . .
"Personally speaking, I fully expect things to get worse before they get better under Kenny." 

Can't wait! Exciting young players, new tactics, new vision, a holding midfielder (of course), absolutely no Whelan and we'll get . . . worse. But then the Beautiful-Game phoenix will rise. OK everyone, let's have a group hug and sing Kumbaya.

I've been saying this for months and I stand by it, lets simplify it for you.

Currently - Performances both as a team and individually for the most part have been exceptional poor and we're playing a very outdated and poor brand of football, but we're picking up results at the moment.

In the long run this needs to change, we can't keep neglecting the level of performance and keep hoping we pluck points out of the bag even when fully undeserving time after time. This luck tends to run out in the long run.

Future - Results under Kenny will probably be worse than they are now as he attempts to overhaul the whole mindset and approach we take in matches. Adding in that the more young players that play we have to allow that they will be naive at this level and no doubt learn some harsh lessions due to their inexperience.

But I fully expect the brand of football to change over time, new tactics/players implemented etc and this all takes time and I think for the betterment of Irish football it can only be a good thing as we now have a lot of talented and technically really good players coming through.

So there you have it,

I won't be debating with you further on the matter, its off topic in the wrong thread. If you grasp it you'll get what I'm saying, if you don't thats your problem.
Are we picking up results?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 10:56am

New manager, new methods.

Four words to summarise your War and Peace. Now you're slipping out the back door. You tend to do that.

Of course now its easy to say "four words" to summarise my point,  because I broke it down and explained it especially for you hence why I said "I will simplify it for you"

You seem too thick and ignorant to acknowledge a posters opinion on any given thread, you don't really debate the point at all.

Point in question, you manage to drag debate on a football related topic completely off topic again.

Its not a case of me "disappearing" either, when you learn to debate points at hand and reply in a mature manner you'll then get reasonable debate.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 159>
  Share Topic