Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cillian Sheridan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 42>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:30pm
About to be called up I reckon
Here we go again
Sponsored Links

valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Lodger Lodger wrote:

Missed opportunity at the weekend. Drew at home to Warsaw, who are top, & Poznan also drew.  Can still win it with 2 games left.  They play Poznan at home on the last day but need Warsaw to slip up.

Warsaw play Gdansk, who could win it themselves with a win.. 3 teams level on 38pts.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

The Scottish League is ranked 23rd. If he was doing what he is doing for Celtic or Aberdeen, he'd be in the squad!
He wouldn't be in the Celtic squad team though and if he'd joined Aberdeen in January and scored six goals this year that would be unlikely to earn him a call up. If he goes on to get another twenty next season then maybe it'll happen
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 11:34pm
He scored 9 this season before his move to Poland so he has as many, if not more, than Adam Rooney.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 11:54pm
Think Rooney has 12 in the league and 14 all in, he shouldn't be near the team though. He does well at Aberdeen in giving them a central focal point, they play it forward quick and then wide, but Aberdeen is his limit.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 12:41am
17 in all competitions including Europe for Roonerino. Sheridan interestingly has played the exact same number of games , but scored a mere 16 times so if you average out the Polish and Cypriot leagues they work out combined to about  SPL standard.
Anyway if I had Sheridan in ahead of anyone at the moment it would probably be Mcgoldrick or Doyle but to tell the truth I wouldn't want to see any of the 4 on the pitch against Austria.
Oh and for Ekstraklasa cheerleaders on here please not the total of zero domestically based players in the Poland squad for their next World cup qualifier.

Edited by Conan - 25 May 2017 at 1:50am
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:00am
Ekstraklasa cheerleaders you are some
I suppose we should only ever pick guys playing in the top 2 divisions of English football, seeing as that's where the footballing world begins and ends for you....
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:16am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

17 in all competitions including Europe for Roonerino. Sheridan interestingly has played the exact same number of games , but scored a mere 16 times so if you average out the Polish and Cypriot leagues they work out combined to about  SPL standard.
Anyway if I had Sheridan in ahead of anyone at the moment it would probably be Mcgoldrick or Doyle but to tell the truth I wouldn't want to see any of the 4 on the pitch against Austria.
Oh and for Ekstraklasa cheerleaders on here please not the total of zero domestically based players in the Poland squad for their next World cup qualifier.

I think it is harsh to call anybody 'cheerleaders' of anyone but Ireland on here, people are just looking at alternatives in positions we are short in. I certainly have my doubts about Sheridan but our dearth of quality strikers means he has to be looked at.
By the way, how come the Polish squad has gone from a regular sprinkling of domestic based players to none at all? Is it injuries, the late ending of their domestic season or what? I am just curious as it seems strange.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:22am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Ekstraklasa cheerleaders you are some
I suppose we should only ever pick guys playing in the top 2 divisions of English football, seeing as that's where the footballing world begins and ends for you....
Thanks for missing the point as usual. No I am totally in favour of picking all our fine talent strutting their stuff in  Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga and even the top end of the Dutch, Belgian, Portuguese, Russian and Swiss leagues.
Only problem is we don't have any as all our players play in England due to our pitiful footballing dependence on our former colonial masters.
So good for Sheridan for trying a different route. Problem is none of the leagues he's ever featured in are of as good as the championship even so he needs to be hitting 20 goals a season to be demanding a national squad place which is something he's never managed. Still, as I mentioned above, our current options are so poor he's really no worse than a couple of players in our long squad an certainly worth considering for the future if he can keep his form going. 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:34am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think it is harsh to call anybody 'cheerleaders' of anyone but Ireland on here, people are just looking at alternatives in positions we are short in. I certainly have my doubts about Sheridan but our dearth of quality strikers means he has to be looked at.
By the way, how come the Polish squad has gone from a regular sprinkling of domestic based players to none at all? Is it injuries, the late ending of their domestic season or what? I am just curious as it seems strange.
I only really remember Pazdan and the young midfielder went to play for Leicester reserves at the Euros. They do usually stick a couple of Legia lads in the squad though to make up the numbers.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:44am

I only really remember Pazdan and the young midfielder went to play for Leicester reserves at the Euros. They do usually stick a couple of Legia lads in the squad though to make up the numbers.
But they had three start their last game and seven in the squad, a few of those had 40+ caps and had largely domestic based careers. It seems made to go from that to none.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:24am
Rooney has 20 goals this season, in all competitions
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:06am
I wouldn't claim to be an expert on the Polish league but I think given our lack of options Sheridan should be called up and looked at as he may be an option later on. I think it's fair to say that Kevin Doyle isn't an option any longer, even as an emergency and I don't see what the manager is going to learn by calling him up.

Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:11am

But they had three start their last game and seven in the squad, a few of those had 40+ caps and had largely domestic based careers. It seems made to go from that to none.
They've only named a squad of 19. I'd imagine a few home based players will be added when the domestic season ends.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:49am
Ah right DR, that would make sense then.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

I wouldn't claim to be an expert on the Polish league but I think given our lack of options Sheridan should be called up and looked at as he may be an option later on. I think it's fair to say that Kevin Doyle isn't an option any longer, even as an emergency and I don't see what the manager is going to learn by calling him up.

Perhaps he is very good in the dressing room and adds a lot to team spirit.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

They've only named a squad of 19. I'd imagine a few home based players will be added when the domestic season ends.
What don't they understand the virtues of the 38 man squad selection? LOL
It did seem a bit strange them not having Pazdan (the bald centre back played against us) and Jedrjejczyk in the squad though.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 42>
  Share Topic